Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Kaepernick is asking for justice, not peace

Featured Replies

While the Bible should never be used to beat people over the heads it clearly instructs followers to stand for certain things and call out other things .. I'm kinda lost , what does Christianity have to do with this flag / patriotism issue ? Because I think CK has been a total absolute tool in this mess it makes me a bad Christian ? For one I haven't seen anyone on here call for him to die or get sick , I just want him removed from his 15 min of fame because he is the wrong guy to carry the message , maybe Russell Wilson can .

 

Thats a great question. One I would like to hear the answer to. If a Christian disagrees with someone they are judging was the described intent I would say. But I am now judging myself so I will shut up and be a good poster who does not disagree and be politically correct so nobody's feelings will be hurt.

  • Replies 457
  • Views 31.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

With all due respect to the former Mrs Ali I find her statement 100% self-serving. Her husband refused to fight for his country yet she find CK's actions "unpatriotic."

I would guess she knew how Ali thought and being she was his wife I would think she could give a good response to how he would have responded. I would bet my wife could do the same with me.

 

Just happens it dont line up with some examples given on this issue it then becomes self serving. :lol2:

I would guess she knew how Ali thought and being she was his wife I would think she could give a good response to how he would have responded. I would bet my wife could do the same with me.

 

Just happens it dont line up with some examples given on this issue it then becomes self serving. :lol2:

 

 

 

So she "knows" how CK thinks?

 

Completely self-serving with the aid of 50 years of history and reputation building.

So she "knows" how CK thinks?

 

Completely self-serving with the aid of 50 years of history and reputation building.

Agreed. The number of times she mentions herself is staggering.

So she "knows" how CK thinks?

 

Completely self-serving with the aid of 50 years of history and reputation building.

 

I think she is saying she does know how he thinks by his actions. It appears to me and obviously I could be very wrong, that his actions prove what he thinks. ( I would guess she thinks the same and feels Ali would agree) but I am sure you know the mind of CK and Ali better than me for sure and I am guessing you are saying you know it better than she does.

 

Now thats just my take and for sure I am wrong.

I think she is saying she does know how he thinks by his actions. It appears to me and obviously I could be very wrong, that his actions prove what he thinks. ( I would guess she thinks the same and feels Ali would agree) but I am sure you know the mind of CK and Ali better than me for sure and I am guessing you are saying you know it better than she does.

 

Now thats just my take and for sure I am wrong.

 

 

You're wrong because knowing how he thought is irrelevant since we're talking about how society judges actions.

 

Put yourself in a time warp and you're back to 1967 and you don't know what Ali's future holds.

 

 

Is it your contention that you wouldn't have KILLED Ali for refusing to serve while a lot of KY kids that couldn't afford college were dying in Vietnam?

 

That's what we're talking about. CK's actions are no less patriotic than Ali's.

You're wrong because knowing how he thought is irrelevant since we're talking about how society judges actions.

 

Put yourself in a time warp and you're back to 1967 and you don't know what Ali's future holds.

 

 

Is it your contention that you wouldn't have KILLED Ali for refusing to serve while a lot of KY kids that couldn't afford college were dying in Vietnam?

 

That's what we're talking about. CK's actions are no less patriotic than Ali's.

 

My contention is that I could be wrong. I dont think yours and mine are the same or have ever been.

My contention is that I could be wrong. I dont think yours and mine are the same or have ever been.

 

You could be wrong about what?

Jeez, are we still trying to put CK and Ali in the same sentence? :lol2:

 

He lost most of his momentum when he put on the socks. He later seemed to back track and gave the "I have two uncles and friends who are police officers.." And maybe I'm wrong but I put that in the same light of the guy who has racist tendencies but claims to have black friends. We can't call the racist guy out and give CK a pass IMO.

Still waiting for an answer to my question I asked a couple weeks ago. When a person of color is mistreated it's called opression. But what is it called when a white person is mistreated? Some in here act like that never happens which makes CK's protest a joke.

 

What's it called, some will say justice.

The Santa Clara police union is saying its officers might stop working San Francisco 49ers home games.

They wrote a letter to the 49ers stating that if the organization does not take action against Kaepernick, "it could result in police officers choosing not to work at your facilities."

The Santa Clara police union is saying its officers might stop working San Francisco 49ers home games.

They wrote a letter to the 49ers stating that if the organization does not take action against Kaepernick, "it could result in police officers choosing not to work at your facilities."

 

I always find this kind of action from police officers interesting and sad at the same time. Do the police officers working the game have to be from the city the stadium is in? This is volunteer work isn't it? Can a different police department from another city work the games?

 

I understand why police officers would feel that way and I understand why they wouldn't want to work the 49ers games until Kaepernick was gone. I've been in that boat where I have had to represent people who can't stand me and would openly put me down every chance they got. At the same time, if I take an oath to serve and protect I will serve and protect even if the people I serve and protect don't like me. I'll serve and protect even if the backup quarterback doesn't like me and won't stand for my anthem. I'll serve and protect because even if I feel the backup quarterback is dead wrong in his words and actions those 50,000 need to be protected. Kaepernick's words aren't hurting anyone. Those 50,000 people in the stadium could do way more damage than anything Kaepernick has said or done. To use that as a bargaining chip doesn't sit well with me.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.