Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Kaepernick is asking for justice, not peace

Featured Replies

You assume folks are "planting their flag" with Kap because why?

 

I don't know this thread and the multiple pages defending him.

  • Replies 457
  • Views 31.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
You assume folks are "planting their flag" with Kap because why?

 

I don't know this thread and the multiple pages defending him.

I don't know this thread and the multiple pages defending him.

 

So even though I wouldn't use the method he is using nor do I agree with everything he has said or worn I am still "planting my flag" with him because I do agree with some of the things he has said and I am not bothered in the slightest by his silent protest?

So even though I wouldn't use the method he is using nor do I agree with everything he has said or worn I am still "planting my flag" with him because I do agree with some of the things he has said and I am not bothered in the slightest by his silent protest?

 

Nope that's a perfectly reasonable response. But that isn't what was being said earlier in this thread. Not saying it's you. People were focused on the fact that same of us dare be outraged by his disrespect of the Anthem and flag.

 

If that's all that was respond my first response would of been simply what parts do you agree with and what parts don't you.

I'm going to comment on this again because your passive aggressive tone and higher than thou response is getting old.

 

I responded to your post about issues but someone has to be naive to think how you present a message doesn't matter. It's Communications 101. He wears a Fidel Castro shirt discussing being oppressed, he talks about cops being murderers and wears socks showing cops as pigs and to top it off he says America oppresses black people ( very strong choice of word, I feel like some need to look up the definition of the word ) and to protest gives a big middle finger to America and sits down during the National Anthem.

 

Can cops be trained more ? Sure.

Do we need to help our veterans better ? Yep

 

Do some idiots judge people only based on their skin? Yep but a very small minority

 

Are people not able to attend a college or get a job this country based solely on their skin color? That for the most part is a false statement.

 

But like I said none of this was very specific and two of issues aren't even racial issues he raised.

 

Then we add his message to how he presented the message and guess what it's hard to respect the man.

 

I can only speak for myself. I don't try to speak to how others will react. I've already said I don't agree with not standing during the anthem. Doesn't mean I have to feel disrespected or offended because he did so.

 

For me, the method doesn't matter. The message is really all that should matter, and guess what? I don't agree with everything he said either. It's clear from the attention this has gotten that a lot of others do agree with him though. Makes me think that maybe instead of just brushing him off because the method he chose wasn't what we would've done, we should actually try to understand why he and many others feel this way.

 

I'm not going to discredit a dialogue or a message just because I don't agree with the method. If that makes me naive, so be it.

To me , if you are defending him , yeah , you are taking his side , and planting your flag with his . In a figure of speech way , yes . And for the 100th time I dont mean his RIGHT TO BE HEARD . I mean the pig socks , the castro shirt , the entire CK saga . At this point you take sides with that guy you are nuts .

So he's got an issue with how veterans are treated after coming home, but has he mentioned anything about the Commander in Chief? Even though I disagreed with CK, it's still his right, just like it's his right to where those socks. It's also my right to think he's uninformed on somethings and misguided. It's also my right to hope he's done in the NFL over his stupid derogatory socks. He can pound sand.

To me , if you are defending him , yeah , you are taking his side , and planting your flag with his . In a figure of speech way , yes . And for the 100th time I dont mean his RIGHT TO BE HEARD . I mean the pig socks , the castro shirt , the entire CK saga . At this point you take sides with that guy you are nuts .

 

I'll defend him but if I was planting my flag with his then I'd be sitting during the national anthem also. I'm not about to do that.

I agree. It is a good answer. I like how he made his feelings about the anthem known as well as saying he understands Kap's cause and frustration. That is refreshing.

 

Russell is a class act. Addressing the issue and not being polarizing is how to get it done. When you go too far on either side you stifle the conversation. Both sides must have respect.

CK is like most millennials, sit around complaining but not doing much to help. Wow, sit down during the anthem, cast a wide net about all police as if they're all the same, wear his anti-police socks, etc. yet he's really doing nothing to help and just fueling the hate. Russell Wilson has the right idea. It's about bringing people together.

CK is like most millennials, sit around complaining but not doing much to help. Wow, sit down during the anthem, cast a wide net about all police as if they're all the same, wear his anti-police socks, etc. yet he's really doing nothing to help and just fueling the hate. Russell Wilson has the right idea. It's about bringing people together.

 

Completely off topic, but aren't you a millennial too?

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.