Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Kaepernick is asking for justice, not peace

Featured Replies

How did Kap do this? What is going to change because he won't stand for the National Anthem? Why don't the 490 or 2429 YTD in one city alone garner any ire from CK? Where's the protest or "stand" for them?

 

 

First, that's not the debate. I asked why is he being discredited simply because he has money.

 

How has he helped? I'd say any time you get people to take a step back and ask about the validity of his claims and have semi-intelligent discussions about it he has definitely helped the cause.

 

Lastly, it's not a requirement to fix the problem if you say there's a problem.

  • Replies 457
  • Views 31.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
First, that's not the debate. I asked why is he being discredited simply because he has money.

 

How has he helped? I'd say any time you get people to take a step back and ask about the validity of his claims and have semi-intelligent discussions about it he has definitely helped the cause.

 

Lastly, it's not a requirement to fix the problem if you say there's a problem.

 

But it certainly helps if you offer reasonable suggestions to fix it.

But it certainly helps if you offer reasonable suggestions to fix it.

 

Sure.

 

Sometimes though you're just trying to get people to realize the scope even if you don't know how to fix it.

 

I don't know how to fix mass shootings but I don't see a problem in saying that it's a problem that we need to at least look into.

Sure.

 

Sometimes though you're just trying to get people to realize the scope even if you don't know how to fix it.

 

I don't know how to fix mass shootings but I don't see a problem in saying that it's a problem that we need to at least look into.

 

Totally fair. Ideally, when someone of some high profile raises awareness of an issue of merit, it prompts at least some segment of the population to act upon that person's words. If the issue is important enough to enough people, it gets addressed, albeit usually in an incrementally slow process when dealing with especially complex issues (like the Civil Rights Act coming 99 years after the end of the "War of Northern Aggression").

Before getting too deep in the weeds let me ask this in all seriousness.

 

Do you believe like Hellbird does that blacks are treated the same as whites in America? Do you believe that there are SOME (key word) officers who are biased against blacks ?

 

Do I believe that "SOME" police officers view blacks differently than whites, obviously I'd have to answer yes; as there's always "SOME" who view things differently than others based on their personal experiences.

 

I'd say there's a lot more PO's (and regular citizens) that view "Thugs" or "Persons who look like Thugs" differently when they encounter them regardless of race, etc.; especially when said individuals act disrespectful or aggressively towards authority?

 

Admittedly late to this thread, regarding Mr. Kaepernick's "protest"; it appears to me to be a bit odd, as I don't recall him speaking out on any racial injustice issues before he was essentially demoted to 3rd string?

 

As someone who regularly deals closely with several of the larger US corporations HQ's, I'd beg to differ with his opinion on the lack of opportunities for "person's of color" in the US today from a business perspective? Plenty of opportunities for those who chose to work hard and look to achieve vs. roaming the streets protesting things they seldom even understand.

 

A point could even be made that the real disadvantaged entity in today's corporate world might be the white male, who's often overlooked by corporations eager to please the loudest protesters in the room? Deal with this every week.

  • Author

And we've reached the end of the internet.

 

the real disadvantaged entity in today's corporate world might be the white male

 

We're done here...

And we've reached the end of the internet.

 

 

 

We're done here...

I believe what you are asking for is a "Safe Space". They are readily available on your local college campus, and are pretty cheap.
And we've reached the end of the internet.

 

 

 

We're done here...

I believe what you are asking for is a "Safe Space". They are readily available on your local college campus, and are pretty cheap.
First, that's not the debate. I asked why is he being discredited simply because he has money.

 

How has he helped? I'd say any time you get people to take a step back and ask about the validity of his claims and have semi-intelligent discussions about it he has definitely helped the cause.

Lastly, it's not a requirement to fix the problem if you say there's a problem.

When you anger a vast amount of people by your methods, you've closed any dialogue. People won't listen to the message if you anger them. Again, I have no problem with what he's protesting (so long as he realizes there are many more antagonizing police as well), I have a problem with his method. I have a problem with the forum he chose. There are better ways.

Wait, white males are disadvantaged in corporate America?

 

Well this just took an interesting turn...Do tell.

 

:popcorn:

A point could even be made that the real disadvantaged entity in today's corporate world might be the white male, who's often overlooked by corporations eager to please the loudest protesters in the room? Deal with this every week.

 

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

A point could even be made that the real disadvantaged entity in today's corporate world might be the white male, who's often overlooked by corporations eager to please the loudest protesters in the room? Deal with this every week.

 

No, no it can't.

To clarify my position, since many seem to be editing my quote to make their point(s); I'm not saying that "I" am making that case, just saying I've heard it made repeatedly over the years.

 

Clearly still a huge numbers advantage for white males in the middle/upper management levels of most US corporations (although there's also a huge advantage in sheer numbers in the general population), but there has certainly been major advancements of minorities, "people of color", etc. in all of the corporations I deal with, thus I don't fully understand the lack of opportunity Mr. Kaepernick speaks of?

Wait, white males are disadvantaged in corporate America?

 

Well this just took an interesting turn...Do tell.

 

:popcorn:

 

Disadvantage is not a good word to use. Terrible actually. But as someone who works in the corporate world and deals with hiring and promotions , if a white guy and a minority have equal qualification. The minority will get the job from me almost every time because of the disparity in qualified candidates.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.