Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Kaepernick is asking for justice, not peace

Featured Replies

That's not even remotely true though. The real question is are people capable of having open minded discussions about race. Some are and some aren't. Refusing to take in a totally opposite perspective from your own isn't racist. It's close minded.

 

Lol, it seems like the only way someone is being "open minded" is if they agree with the protesters. I acknowledge that there is a different perspective than my own. I don't agree with it. Am I close minded?

  • Replies 457
  • Views 31.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Lol, it seems like the only way someone is being "open minded" is if they agree with the protesters. I acknowledge that there is a different perspective than my own. I don't agree with it. Am I close minded?

 

This is the first time I have ever seen you acknowledge a different perspective other than your own. At least that I can remember anyways. If I'm wrong then I apologize.

 

Multiple people here on BGP have said they disagree with Kap's protest but they have also said that they understand where he is coming from. I think that is progress. I didn't realize you felt the same as them. Again, I apologize.

This is the first time I have ever seen you acknowledge a different perspective other than your own. At least that I can remember anyways. If I'm wrong then I apologize.

 

Multiple people here on BGP have said they disagree with Kap's protest but they have also said that they understand where he is coming from. I think that is progress. I didn't realize you felt the same as them. Again, I apologize.

 

You don't actually believe that I think my perspective is the only perspective, do you?

 

I have said multiple times that I don't disagree with Kaps message or the general message of BLM. My issue has always been with their method.

Maybe from your perspective its no true but from my perspective it comes off that way. A lot of blanket statements made in these protests. However, I don't disagree with the protests just the fashion they are put on.

 

Blanket statements are made from both sides of the issue.

 

When you say people are labeled as racist for disagreeing with the protestors does that fall in the same boat as people having to prove and cite examples of racism/oppression is taking place?

You don't actually believe that I think my perspective is the only perspective, do you?

 

I have said multiple times that I don't disagree with Kaps message or the general message of BLM. My issue has always been with their method.

 

Again, my apologies. This is the first time I can remember seeing you say these things. I'm old. Forgive me. It seems like I am always trying to explain to you why they are saying the things they say and do. I can't recall you saying what you just posted and for that I apologize because you are saying you have.

She looks a lot less pretty than she used to. But age gets the best of us. My beard is mostly white these days.

 

You're not trying to say you used to be pretty, are ya? Now that's stretchin' the truth a bit too far.

 

That's not even remotely true though. The real question is are people capable of having open minded discussions about race. Some are and some aren't. Refusing to take in a totally opposite perspective from your own isn't racist. It's close minded.

 

I like the bolded statement so much I couldn't just hit the button I had to quote it and say I like it.

Blanket statements are made from both sides of the issue.

 

When you say people are labeled as racist for disagreeing with the protestors does that fall in the same boat as people having to prove and cite examples of racism/oppression is taking place?

 

Blanket statements are definitely made on both ends I agree.

 

I can't give you examples/cite sources of where this is taking place its more of a feeling I get when I see certain statements made against "white America".

Blanket statements are definitely made on both ends I agree.

 

I can't give you examples/cite sources of where this is taking place its more of a feeling I get when I see certain statements made against "white America".

 

I know the feeling in a vice versa type of way. :D

Blanket statements are definitely made on both ends I agree.

 

I can't give you examples/cite sources of where this is taking place its more of a feeling I get when I see certain statements made against "white America".

 

Only you really know if you are doing the things talked about when someone says "White America." If it doesn't apply to you, then don't let it bother you. I try to take that same approach when people say "black people this black people that." If you know you aren't a part of the problem, don't sweat it.

 

Now if it bothers you because it hits close to home, that's a different discussion.

It's been pretty funny to see IMO. If veterans don't think he was disrespecting them, maybe the average joe shouldn't either? :idunno:

 

A lot of them echoed the same point as one another. We served for freedom, not a song.

 

I'm pretty sure there are many or a majority of veterans who disagree with this hash tag. So do these veterans opinions only matter ? What about the ones who disagree.

Soldiers fight for your right to be free there is no doubt about it , they also fought for me to be able to critcize people who disrespect the country I'm proud of. He doesn't like this country fine, I have every right to call him on the simple minded approach.

 

The most amusing part of this whole topic is those who think Kaepernick's stance is above reproach.

 

You are correct. Your freedom to criticize was fought for as well.:idunno:

I'm interested to see what people say about these veterans.

 

They have every right to their opinion just like Kap. I just don't have to agree with it.

I'm pretty sure there are many or a majority of veterans who disagree with this hash tag. So do these veterans opinions only matter ? What about the ones who disagree.

 

The bolded is pure speculation on your part.

 

All their opinions matter.

The least surprising part about all of this is nobody wants to actually discuss this:

 

"I am not going to stand up to show pride in a flag for a country that oppresses black people and people of color," Kaepernick told NFL Media in an exclusive interview after the game. "To me, this is bigger than football and it would be selfish on my part to look the other way. There are bodies in the street and people getting paid leave and getting away with murder."
I'm pretty sure there are many or a majority of veterans who disagree with this hash tag. So do these veterans opinions only matter ? What about the ones who disagree.

 

You have no way of knowing if it's the majority that disagree, just like we don't.

 

The point is many are harping on CK because it's disrespectful to veterans, and now there are veterans backing CK for the exact reasons he outlined in his initial comments. Kinda throws a wrench into that idea.

 

Every veterans opinions matter, including the ones that agree with CK.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.