September 1, 201610 yr The NFL won't lose fans over this. He's talking about CK. He's already lost fans.
September 1, 201610 yr Before getting too deep in the weeds let me ask this in all seriousness. Do you believe like Hellbird does that blacks are treated the same as whites in America? Do you believe that there are SOME (key word) officers who are biased against blacks ? What do you mean by the same ? Are you asking me if some people are racist then obviously yes. If you are asking me if minorities as a whole are being denied college admissions or jobs based solely on their skin. Then I would say no. There are exceptions to every rule but the rule of law in place allows every person regardless of race to succeed. These threads are pointless anymore because no one can ever tell me what the problem is and what their solution is going to be . It's protest after protest about some vague culture of injustice.
September 1, 201610 yr What do you mean by the same ? Are you asking me if some people are racist then obviously yes. If you are asking me if minorities as a whole are being denied college admissions or jobs based solely on their skin. Then I would say no. There are exceptions to every rule but the rule of law in place allows every person regardless of race to succeed. These threads are pointless anymore because no one can ever tell me what the problem is and what their solution is going to be . It's protest after protest about some vague culture of injustice. To the bolded, it's been said numerous times. You simply don't agree with it, so you choose to ignore it.
September 1, 201610 yr He's talking about CK. He's already lost fans. I'm pretty sure Ray Rice and the defensive lineman and Dallas lost quite a few fans for their assaults. To be fair what got more publicity and anger Tom Brady and deflate gate or this story. This story will be over soon. Deflategate lasted 2 years .
September 1, 201610 yr To the bolded, it's been said numerous times. You simply don't agree with it, so you choose to ignore it. What has been stated ? I never see specifics and followed by solutions. I've been told specifics have been stated , I guess we have different definitions of specific problems and solutions. For example a specific problem for me is I'm hungry so by specific solution is I'm going to get a sandwich at Jimmy Johns..
September 1, 201610 yr What has been stated ? I never see specifics and followed by solutions. I've been told specifics have been stated The goal. The injustice. All have been stated, hell CK stated it in his initial statement on this. If you can't see it, I can't help ya.
September 1, 201610 yr To the bolded, it's been said numerous times. You simply don't agree with it, so you choose to ignore it. Also just because one side states an issue and I debate it , doesn't equal ignore . I challenge any and all ideas . I don't act passive for the fear of being judge. I know who I am in my heart and where my opinions come from. No movement or ideas are above criticism and to criticize them doesn't make me bad or naive . Any comments I make come from a place of deep thought and my own experience.
September 1, 201610 yr Also just because one side states an issue and I debate it , doesn't equal ignore . I challenge any and all ideas . I don't act passive for the fear of being judge. I know who I am in my heart and where my opinions come from. No movement or ideas are above criticism and to criticize them doesn't make me bad or naive . Any comments I make come from a place of deep thought and my own experience. I'm saying you choose to ignore it, because what you keep asking for has been stated numerous times, and you continue to ask for it. You can disagree with it all you want. Everyone doesn't have to agree, but the information you're asking for is there. If you're not ignoring it and simply don't see it, like I said, I can't help you.
September 1, 201610 yr The goal. The injustice. All have been stated, hell CK stated it in his initial statement on this. If you can't see it, I can't help ya. See there it is again the passive aggressive response. If I don't agree with an idea then I just don't get it. There are few of you posters who are of the same pigmentation as myself who sit up on a very high horse when these topics appear. I don't know if it makes you guys feel better about yourselves or what. I said specific and you respond with "injustice" that is such a vague concept. Am I suppose to take that as in every aspect of life there is injustice from White people toward black people, or only in specific areas. Are there laws that aren't on the books that can be passed to change said injustice ? Are we talking about people's mindsets, so do we want to legislate thought ? I know some of you don't get why people would be upset of disrespecting the flag. I find it even stranger that some people want to paint those people as racist or insensitive for hold our symbol of freedom in a high regard.
September 1, 201610 yr See there it is again the passive aggressive response. If I don't agree with an idea then I just don't get it. There are few of you posters who are of the same pigmentation as myself who sit up on a very high horse when these topics appear. I don't know if it makes you guys feel better about yourselves or what. I said specific and you respond with "injustice" that is such a vague concept. Am I suppose to take that as in every aspect of life there is injustice from White people toward black people, or only in specific areas. Are there laws that aren't on the books that can be passed to change said injustice ? Are we talking about people's mindsets, so do we want to legislate thought ? I know some of you don't get why people would be upset of disrespecting the flag. I find it even stranger that some people want to paint those people as racist or insensitive for hold our symbol of freedom in a high regard. The injustices CK feels are going on, and the goals of his protest have been spelled out quite clearly by CK himself. You don't have to agree with them. I'm simply not going to sit here and list the things he said for you, when you can just as easily look at his statements and find them yourself. For the record, I haven't expressed an opinion on whether I agree with him or not. And I haven't used the words "racist" or "insensitive" once. I'm not sure where you're coming up with that from, nor do I care.
September 1, 201610 yr To clarify my position, since many seem to be editing my quote to make their point(s); I'm not saying that "I" am making that case, just saying I've heard it made repeatedly over the years. Clearly still a huge numbers advantage for white males in the middle/upper management levels of most US corporations (although there's also a huge advantage in sheer numbers in the general population), but there has certainly been major advancements of minorities, "people of color", etc. in all of the corporations I deal with, thus I don't fully understand the lack of opportunity Mr. Kaepernick speaks of? I've heard a case made by a guy that he was Batman. Just because someone makes a case for something doesn't mean they aren't delusional.
September 1, 201610 yr The NFL won't lose fans over this. :lol2: Has nothing to do with the NFL. It has more to do with Ray Rice, Johnny Manziel, Josh Gordon, Greg Hardy, Josh Brown and Colin Kaepernick just to name a few.
September 1, 201610 yr The injustices CK feels are going on, and the goals of his protest have been spelled out quite clearly by CK himself. You don't have to agree with them. I'm simply not going to sit here and list the things he said for you, when you can just as easily look at his statements and find them yourself. For the record, I haven't expressed an opinion on whether I agree with him or not. And I haven't used the words "racist" or "insensitive" once. I'm not sure where you're coming up with that from, nor do I care. Racist has been said in the media. I never said you did. But some of the passive aggressive replies in this thread definitely imply things from some posters. My stance on this is very simple. If you believe you are being mistreated fine let's hear it. But if you can't think of a better way of getting your point across than disrespecting a large number of people then you probably aren't the person who should be leading the charge. If you think disrespecting people is going open up communication I'd say you don't have much experience in that realm. Anyone who thinks what Kap did will lead to anything is just wrong.
September 1, 201610 yr I'm pretty sure Ray Rice and the defensive lineman and Dallas lost quite a few fans for their assaults. To be fair what got more publicity and anger Tom Brady and deflate gate or this story. This story will be over soon. Deflategate lasted 2 years . Yeah, because both sides refused to let it go until someone won. The NFL won. Come week 6 DeflateGate will be a memory.
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.