September 1, 201610 yr Russell is a class act. Addressing the issue and not being polarizing is how to get it done. When you go too far on either side you stifle the conversation. Both sides must have respect. Agreed somewhat. I don't mind polarizing because a person can be polarizing without trying to be polarizing. See: Tim Tebow. Definitely agree about the conversation part. I have been guilty of that but I am trying to be better. Emotions can get the best of all of us at times.
September 1, 201610 yr Agreed somewhat. I don't mind polarizing because a person can be polarizing without trying to be polarizing. See: Tim Tebow. Definitely agree about the conversation part. I have been guilty of that but I am trying to be better. Emotions can get the best of all of us at times. Yes sir. I'm passionate about things myself...Turned a few people off with that.
September 1, 201610 yr Completely off topic, but aren't you a millennial too? No, I'm more in the transition between X and y (millennials). Born in early 81. Raised by grandparents in Mississippi. I was raised like most gen x's were. Had my first job picking tomatoes in the 5th grade and then transitioned to hauling hay at 12 years old. I'm no millennial :lol2:
September 1, 201610 yr No, I'm more in the transition between X and y (millennials). Born in early 81. Raised by grandparents in Mississippi. I was raised like most gen x's were. Had my first job picking tomatoes in the 5th grade and then transitioned to hauling hay at 12 years old. I'm no millennial :lol2: :thumb: :lol2: I just knew you were in your early-mid 30s....Where's the cutoff?
September 1, 201610 yr :thumb: :lol2: I just knew you were in your early-mid 30s....Where's the cutoff? Varies between sources, but millennials are usually born in the mid 80's to the 90's. I'm more mid-late 30s. Edited September 1, 201610 yr by 00Rocket28
September 1, 201610 yr See there it is again the passive aggressive response. If I don't agree with an idea then I just don't get it. There are few of you posters who are of the same pigmentation as myself who sit up on a very high horse when these topics appear. I don't know if it makes you guys feel better about yourselves or what. I said specific and you respond with "injustice" that is such a vague concept. Am I suppose to take that as in every aspect of life there is injustice from White people toward black people, or only in specific areas. Are there laws that aren't on the books that can be passed to change said injustice ? Are we talking about people's mindsets, so do we want to legislate thought ? I know some of you don't get why people would be upset of disrespecting the flag. I find it even stranger that some people want to paint those people as racist or insensitive for hold our symbol of freedom in a high regard. I was wondering how to bring this up, thank you it was needed.
September 1, 201610 yr Drop Everything and Read Russell Wilson's Reason for Not Joining Kaepernick's Flag Stance... I love this answer. Solid.
September 1, 201610 yr Varies between sources, but millennials are usually born in the mid 80's to the 90's. I'm more mid-late 30s. It definitely varies between sources but according to a two-year study done by USC and the London Business School the range is "born between 1980 and 1995". So yep, we're both millennials. http://www.pwc.com/gx/en/hr-management-services/pdf/pwc-nextgen-study-2013.pdf
September 1, 201610 yr CK is like most millennials, sit around complaining but not doing much to help. Wow, sit down during the anthem, cast a wide net about all police as if they're all the same, wear his anti-police socks, etc. yet he's really doing nothing to help and just fueling the hate. Russell Wilson has the right idea. It's about bringing people together. Gotta love the worn out millennials are useless rant. Guess who raised these wastes.... Gen X
September 1, 201610 yr It definitely varies between sources but according to a two-year study done by USC and the London Business School the range is "born between 1980 and 1995". So yep, we're both millennials. http://www.pwc.com/gx/en/hr-management-services/pdf/pwc-nextgen-study-2013.pdf I'll never consider myself a millennial. I identify as gen x
September 1, 201610 yr Gotta love the worn out millennials are useless rant. Guess who raised these wastes.... Gen X My kid is 2 so yea, shut up. I said most, not all. And maybe I can't read well, but I'm just not seeing where I said "useless" either. Thanks for playing.
September 1, 201610 yr I'll never consider myself a millennial. I identify as gen x That's such a millennial thing to say.
September 1, 201610 yr My kid is 2 so yea, shut up. I said most, not all. And maybe I can't read well, but I'm just not seeing where I said "useless" either. Thanks for playing. Technicality on useless... but saying sitting around complaining and not doing much to help sounds like useless to me. But then again what do I know I'm a millennial. Well you were just proven to be a millennial yourself in a previous post even though you dare not claim to be one, so I would say your qualification of your kid being 2 doesn't work to well.
September 1, 201610 yr That's such a millennial thing to say. If it's good for the goose, it's good for the gander
September 1, 201610 yr Technicality on useless... but saying sitting around complaining and not doing much to help sounds like useless to me. But then again what do I know I'm a millennial. Well you were just proven to be a millennial yourself in a previous post even though you dare not claim to be one, so I would say your qualification of your kid being 2 doesn't work to well. I assure you, I'm not complaining and doing nothing. You don't know me kid, run along :lol2: and no I was not "proven". Obviously you see what you want when you read, the sources vary so cool your heals. I obviously struck a nerve, so to quote another member, this topic may not be good for you.:wave:
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.