Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Kaepernick is asking for justice, not peace

Featured Replies

I'm a very outspoken person if I see any of that I've always said something. Period. I don't fear confrontation. You act like an idiot you get treated like one.

 

I'm not sure I believe that. If what you're saying is true, you cause a confrontation every time you're at a sporting event?

  • Replies 457
  • Views 31.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
CK did that, and you don't want to talk about them in this thread, so why would that be any different?

 

Do you know what Kap said? Here is a transcript of one of his interviews, in case you don't. He speaks with the same vagueness as has been presented in this thread. He makes one specification, saying that he wants police brutality to stop. Uhhh no duh. Outside of that, he want to " ultimately it’s to bring awareness and make people realize what’s really going on in this country." Uhh no duh.

I'm not sure I believe that. If what you're saying is true, you cause a confrontation every time you're at a sporting event?

 

It doesn't happen that often at events I go to. If your are saying disrespect of the anthem is wide spread then we have had completely different viewing experience. I had Bengals season tickets for 5 years when I still lived in KY and not single person in our section ever was disrespectful.

It doesn't happen that often at events I go to. If your are saying disrespect of the anthem is wide spread then we have had completely different viewing experience. I had Bengals season tickets for 5 years when I still lived in KY and not single person in our section ever was disrespectful.

 

I had them for 4 years back when Carson was here. Every single game, all over the place. Happens at every single Reds game you go to. Happens at Rupp for UK basketball games. Happens at Xavier games. Happens at NKU basketball games.

I've read them all. He's made it very clear what he's talking about.

 

He has said the United States oppresses black people, there is literally nothing specific about that.

 

He has also said cops are murdering black people and being put on leave. Implying that most those shootings aren't justified which the facts say most cop shootings are justified.

 

So what else am I missing from this great orator if you read all the articles.

I had them for 4 years back when Carson was here. Every single game, all over the place. Happens at every single Reds game you go to. Happens at Rupp for UK basketball games. Happens at Xavier games. Happens at NKU basketball games.

 

There are people not paying attention during the anthem at literally every sporting event I've ever been to. That is not new.

He mentioned the lack of training officers receive before being on the streets.

 

He mentioned racial profiling.

 

He mentioned the lack of opportunities for people of color.

 

He mentioned the government not treating veterans properly when they return home.

 

He mentioned the things you stated.

 

You can disagree with his stance or that what he said was inaccurate, but he laid out some pretty clear things he had issue with.

I'm not sure I believe that. If what you're saying is true, you cause a confrontation every time you're at a sporting event?

 

True story. Last sporting event I was at I was with one of my closest friends who is white. He kept talking during the anthem and I had to tell him to shut up before folks got mad at me for him being disrespectful during the anthem.

He mentioned the lack of training officers receive before being on the streets.

 

He mentioned racial profiling.

 

He mentioned the lack of opportunities for people of color.

 

He mentioned the government not treating veterans properly when they return home.

 

He mentioned the things you stated.

 

You can disagree with his stance or that what he said was inaccurate, but he laid out some pretty clear things he had issue with.

 

Colin Kaepernick Takes The Field In Socks That Depict Cops As Pigs

 

So he wears a Fidel shirt and these socks and this is who some of you want to plant your flag with?

He mentioned the lack of training officers receive before being on the streets.

 

He mentioned racial profiling.

 

He mentioned the lack of opportunities for people of color.

 

He mentioned the government not treating veterans properly when they return home.

 

He mentioned the things you stated.

 

You can disagree with his stance or that what he said was inaccurate, but he laid out some pretty clear things he had issue with.

 

The parts I don't agree with are the two things I posted and lack of opportunity.

 

The other things are common sense. We'd love to train police more so have a conversation about funding. But he hurts his credibility by implying most police shootings are not justified.

 

The veterans issue isn't a racial issue and something I've been passionate about for while.

 

You could of saved a lot.of time if you would of made this post an hour ago . Thanks.

There are people not paying attention during the anthem at literally every sporting event I've ever been to. That is not new.

 

If they are within arms length or I can say something before or after without shouting and disturbing everyone I say something. I guess I was lucky with my season tickets because all the other people in my section were good people.

Colin Kaepernick Takes The Field In Socks That Depict Cops As Pigs

 

So he wears a Fidel shirt and these socks and this is who some of you want to plant your flag with?

 

 

I mention all the things he said (that you've continuously asked for) and this is your response....You keep claiming you're willing to discuss the issues he raised, yet all you do is attack him and the method he went about raising the issues.

 

Complete waste of my time.

I mention all the things he said (that you've continuously asked for) and this is your response....You keep claiming you're willing to discuss the issues he raised, yet all you do is attack him and the method he went about raising the issues.

 

Complete waste of my time.

 

I responded to issues post. It doesn't make the socks irrelevant. How you present a message matters don't try to ignore that.

I mention all the things he said (that you've continuously asked for) and this is your response....You keep claiming you're willing to discuss the issues he raised, yet all you do is attack him and the method he went about raising the issues.

 

Complete waste of my time.

 

I'm going to comment on this again because your passive aggressive tone and higher than thou response is getting old.

 

I responded to your post about issues but someone has to be naive to think how you present a message doesn't matter. It's Communications 101. He wears a Fidel Castro shirt discussing being oppressed, he talks about cops being murderers and wears socks showing cops as pigs and to top it off he says America oppresses black people ( very strong choice of word, I feel like some need to look up the definition of the word ) and to protest gives a big middle finger to America and sits down during the National Anthem.

 

Can cops be trained more ? Sure.

Do we need to help our veterans better ? Yep

 

Do some idiots judge people only based on their skin? Yep but a very small minority

 

Are people not able to attend a college or get a job this country based solely on their skin color? That for the most part is a false statement.

 

But like I said none of this was very specific and two of issues aren't even racial issues he raised.

 

Then we add his message to how he presented the message and guess what it's hard to respect the man.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.