August 31, 201610 yr Like Getslow, I'm not aware of anything Melo has been doing. Do you have specific examples of what CK could do that would generate conversation to this level, yet would appease those who disagree with him? First I would like to know what his actual point is and what solutions he is looking for.
August 31, 201610 yr Up until 5 minutes ago, I had no clue Melo was doing anything. I thought CK made it very clear what his purpose and points were...Maybe it was just me? :idunno:
August 31, 201610 yr Like Getslow, I'm not aware of anything Melo has been doing. Do you have specific examples of what CK could do that would generate conversation to this level, yet would appease those who disagree with him? Just look up "Carmelo Anthony Police Brutality" on google. He has been very vocal and was one of the four guys on stage talking at the ESPYs about it.
August 31, 201610 yr Up until 5 minutes ago, I had no clue Melo was doing anything. I thought CK made it very clear what his purpose and points were...Maybe it was just me? :idunno: What calls to actions has he stated , solutions , what conversation and with who would he like these conversations . If his message is what he's been saying to the press then no he probably won't have my support.
August 31, 201610 yr First I would like to know what his actual point is and what solutions he is looking for. He made those pretty clear, IMO. If you don't have any specific examples, you can just say so.
August 31, 201610 yr He made those pretty clear, IMO. If you don't have any specific examples, you can just say so. I don't know what you mean by specific examples. Do you mean a form of protest ? NBA players have been able to do it without disrespecting the flag and what it stands for. Any action that divides won't lead to a solution. What positive outcome do you expect from this ? Where as Carmelo is leading the charge organizing athletes to meet with politicians , community leaders and other people of influence. With specific ideas for change and dialogue between dissenting viewpoints.
August 31, 201610 yr Again, with how he protested, my biggest gripe was with the Castro shirt. Not standing, whatever. Welcome to the club, that is nothing new. Glorifying a human that helped write the book on how to oppress people, I can't help but somewhat get lost in what he is conveying. And why he is doing it is for a noble cause. But he took it too far when he reaches with the insinuation that cops are hunting down and getting away with literal murder. That is divisive. Differing opinions to open dialogue is substantive. I thought he did a poor job in that respect, and missed the opportunity to be more specific and honing in on larger issues. Hit the nail on the head. Your post will likely be ignored.
August 31, 201610 yr I don't know what you mean by specific examples. Do you mean a form of protest ? Yes. What can he do? Saying "Do what Carmelo does" is lazy.
August 31, 201610 yr Yes. What can he do? Saying "Do what Carmelo does" is lazy. How is it lazy. I just stated what Melo did and is doing and I feel like that will cause actual change. What is protesting going to accomplish. Do you want to make change or do you want to make a spectacle of yourself. Your question doesn't make sense. I've laid out specific actions he could do to make actual change you choose to ignore it. Protesting the flag isn't changing anything.
August 31, 201610 yr I thought I said I would model it to approach similar to Carmelo Anthony. What else are you asking ? There aren't 20 people on here who can tell you what Melo's stance is other than a generic stance of "racism is bad."
August 31, 201610 yr What calls to actions has he stated , solutions , what conversation and with who would he like these conversations . If his message is what he's been saying to the press then no he probably won't have my support. Before getting too deep in the weeds let me ask this in all seriousness. Do you believe like Hellbird does that blacks are treated the same as whites in America? Do you believe that there are SOME (key word) officers who are biased against blacks ?
September 1, 201610 yr You're not trying to say you used to be pretty, are ya? Now that's stretchin' the truth a bit too far. Ol' Jim has a face for radio, that's for sure. Yet for some reason my work seems to think I'm good on TV. Even after 8 years of it I still can't figure it out.
September 1, 201610 yr Clearly "what Melo is doing" isn't doing much, because nobody is talking about it. His stance didn't bring the nation to the table for dialogue. Everybody is talking about Kaepernick. Whether you agree with his stance or don't, it worked.
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.