Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Kaepernick is asking for justice, not peace

Featured Replies

Jim S you must be getting your music reports from somewhere other than my info . I remember the Chicks disappearing faster than a flash of lightning . And I like them, play some great music. but they off the face of earth and never came back.

  • Replies 457
  • Views 31.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I think most of us will admit that this subject is difficult to grasp, not easy to solve, and can highlight some of our failings - regardless of what side you stand.

 

Fortunately, we can avoid the uncomfortable discussions by focusing on the National Anthem.

I think most of us will admit that this subject is difficult to grasp, not easy to solve, and can highlight some of our failings - regardless of what side you stand.

 

Fortunately, we can avoid the uncomfortable discussions by focusing on the National Anthem.

 

'Murica

I think most of us will admit that this subject is difficult to grasp, not easy to solve, and can highlight some of our failings - regardless of what side you stand.

 

Fortunately, we can avoid the uncomfortable discussions by focusing on the National Anthem.

 

I would argue anyone with common sense understands that the flag stands for two main things 1. Freedom 2. Those who died for said freedoms.

 

It's seems ironic to protest something that stands for the freedom that allows you to protest and those who died for that right.

 

Also anyone with common sense would agree has a right to do it . But having a right to do something doesn't mean it's the right thing to do.

'Murica

 

Always love this common theme of mocking those who are proud to be American.

 

Call me what you will but I will always be there to debate anyone who has a problem or mocks this country.

My biggest problem with him is what he said about Police Officers murdering people. He needs to go out with these officers and face the kind of life and death, split second decisions that they sometimes have to make. Maybe his perspective might change, because I doubt that he has a clue what it is really like out on the street for police officers in today's world.

Always love this common theme of mocking those who are proud to be American.

 

Call me what you will but I will always be there to debate anyone who has a problem or mocks this country.

I am proud to be an American. Yet, I think those that use the term 'Murica are being disrespectful.

I am proud to be an American. Yet, I think those that use the term 'Murica are being disrespectful.

 

No one says it. The way it is written is meant to disrespect those with a southern accent saying America. To be specific southern white males.

 

That's why every comedy skit with it has a guy in a lumberjack and a pick up. White guys in the south don't have brains.

You may be correct, back then I paid about as much attention to the Ditsy Twits as I do Kanye now. I thought the media made it sound like they were backing down.

 

Jim S you must be getting your music reports from somewhere other than my info . I remember the Chicks disappearing faster than a flash of lightning . And I like them, play some great music. but they off the face of earth and never came back.

 

 

I guess my point being is that dissing a clown like Toby Keith wasn't the career suicide everybody wanted it to be.

 

Just because they disappeared from the morass that is pop country radio doesn't mean they died.

Always love this common theme of mocking those who are proud to be American.

 

Call me what you will but I will always be there to debate anyone who has a problem or mocks this country.

 

You could also argue that Cloyd Rivers has pretty much owned it and at least somewhat killed the stereotype angle. His Twitter feed is pretty popular among folks in Ky. I follow him.

 

Was Budweiser mocking the southern US with their summertime can/bottle decorations? That would certainly be mocking a big part of their customer base (myself included).

I guess my point being is that dissing a clown like Toby Keith wasn't the career suicide everybody wanted it to be.

 

Just because they disappeared from the morass that is pop country radio doesn't mean they died.

 

But is Natalie still the fat one?

 

 

Along with Ready to Run its the only other thing I remember about them. :)

But is Natalie still the fat one?

 

 

Along with Ready to Run its the only other thing I remember about them. :)

 

She looks a lot less pretty than she used to. But age gets the best of us. My beard is mostly white these days.

You could also argue that Cloyd Rivers has pretty much owned it and at least somewhat killed the stereotype angle. His Twitter feed is pretty popular among folks in Ky. I follow him.

 

Was Budweiser mocking the southern US with their summertime can/bottle decorations? That would certainly be mocking a big part of their customer base (myself included).

 

I have no clue who that Twitter handle is.

 

On the second part I do think those who have been mocked have now owned it. I call it the 8 mile approach.

CKs press conference provides some interesting insight - when it is read in full and not selectively - as almost all media has done. His beef and concerns are far more complex than just race. But since he went after political figures - with specific references to specific issues his comments have been simplified and edited and somewhat filtered.

 

Not that that is a pass on the choice of protest action - regardless how valid the cause. LB indicates he believes the flag is the symbol two key things in post #94. I agree and would hold the anthem in the same regard for the same reasons. Especially on point #2. The playing of the anthem should be treated with the solemn respect of a memorial - as that is what represents.

 

PS - also agree with RM in #81. More and more people in general are not behaving as they should during the anthem. I used to view as a 'young person' problem. But I see more adults that seem be to busy for 2-3 minutes of solemn respect.

I have no clue who that Twitter handle is.

 

On the second part I do think those who have been mocked have now owned it. I call it the 8 mile approach.

 

In all seriousness, you should follow him. It's funny stuff. Even with all his T-shirt sales ads.

 

My point being is you're not really being mocked if you reclaim it for yourself. Take the term "hillbilly," for instance. Who really cares if you get called that? I sure as hell don't, and am probably more likely to go even more redneck on them. It's not an insult if you steal it back. That's why Pikeville celebrates "Hillbilly Days."

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.