Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Kaepernick is asking for justice, not peace

Featured Replies

Do you really believe that the flag has the exact same meaning to each and every person?

 

Clearly that is not going to be the case. However, paying respect to those who fought and died to protect your right to whine like a baby shouldn't be something that really deviates much from person to person.

  • Replies 457
  • Views 31.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
What change should CK provide? Isn't that like saying college girls should provide change so they quit getting raped? Is it really the "victims" job to provide the change?

 

Quit dismissing the message because you don't like the method. No, I don't agree with the method either but to be honest I can't think of a different way for him to have done it that would have garner this much attention.

 

Is CK really a victim? Please.

 

And secondly, no chance this solidifies a roster spot. If anything it will give them a reason to cut him.

I disagree. It will now be the 49ers that have to deal with the outrage when he is cut, because most will not know that Kap stinks and is costing the 49ers a lot of money. It is why the organization came out immediately supporting Kap. He was rumored to be cut before all of this so I still expect him to be shown the door.

 

And if the 49ers want to cut Kap for the reason that their place of business is not to be used as a social platform (like Michael Sam was interested in doing), - whether they support his right to protest or not - I have no issue with that.

Clearly that is not going to be the case. However, paying respect to those who fought and died to protect your right to whine like a baby shouldn't be something that really deviates much from person to person.

 

And his comments made it blatantly clear that he does respect military men and women. Standing or not standing doesn't change that.

And his comments made it blatantly clear that he does respect military men and women. Standing or not standing doesn't change that.

 

So if I burn an American flag, but then say no I don't mean any disrespect, you will believe me?

I disagree. It will now be the 49ers that have to deal with the outrage when he is cut, because most will not know that Kap stinks and is costing the 49ers a lot of money. It is why the organization came out immediately supporting Kap. He was rumored to be cut before all of this so I still expect him to be shown the door.

 

And if the 49ers want to cut Kap for the reason that their place of business is not to be used as a social platform (like Michael Sam was interested in doing), - whether they support his right to protest or not - I have no issue with that.

AAAAAAAnd he's not very good.

So if I burn an American flag, but then say no I don't mean any disrespect, you will believe me?

 

They're not even remotely similar, but to answer your question, I don't care what you do.

They're not even remotely similar, but to answer your question, I don't care what you do.

 

How are they not even remotely similar?

How are they not even remotely similar?

 

Because one is destroying something, the other is simply not standing up.

I don't have an issue with him "being brave?" and voicing his opinion. I have an issue with the fact that he decided that he was going to take a dump on the Americans that fought for his right to do so.

 

Actually, he is doing EXACTLY what Americans have fought for.

Interesting listening to Cowherd. From a report last year by Jay Glazer, Kap is aloof, a loner, not liked by teammates, and not seen as a leader. Some feel this will actually help him bridge a gap he had divided within the locker room.

Because one is destroying something, the other is simply not standing up.

 

Correct, that is a difference. I don't think that difference is so great that they are not even remotely similar. Both are signs of disrespect.

Correct, that is a difference. I don't think that difference is so great that they are not even remotely similar. Both are signs of disrespect.

 

So, just so I'm clear, anyone that doesn't stand during the anthem is showing disrespect? No exceptions?

So, just so I'm clear, anyone that doesn't stand during the anthem is showing disrespect? No exceptions?

 

Just stop it. I know what road you are attempting to go down. If you are capable of standing during the national anthem, and actively choose not to, then yes that is a sign of disrespect.

Why don't we get worked up when people say they won't or do not vote?? Isn't that one of the rights that people fought and died for?? Or how about when people ignore the flag code and display the flag where it shouldn't be (like on non military or sports uniforms). Or when we wear US flag shirts. Or use it in advertising? Lots of things are done daily that are considered "disrespectful" to the flag according to code. American Flag Etiquette | USA Flag Site

 

I watch people talk to each other, eat, play with their phone etc during The National Anthem at high school, pro and college sporting events. I think those things are just as if not more disrespectful than not standing. But nobody says a word or gets upset. But lets pile on Kaep and keep wishing him ill will and career ending injuries for talking about a problem. I'm not a fan of how he's doing it, but it is his right to do so.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.