Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Kaepernick is asking for justice, not peace

Featured Replies

Just stop it. I know what road you are attempting to go down. If you are capable of standing during the national anthem, and actively choose not to, then yes that is a sign of disrespect.

 

That isn't at all what I was getting at.

 

So a person is falsely imprisoned for 30 years, and only after dozens of appeals is it finally uncovered that he was innocent all along, just as he claimed. You think that person should stand up for a flag of a country that robbed him of a large portion of his life?

 

Do you think people from other countries should stand during our anthem?

 

Do you stand during the anthem of other countries?

  • Replies 457
  • Views 31.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

 

That answers your second question.

 

And yes I do think that Americans stand for other countries National Anthems.

 

As far as your hypothetical ( I feel like that's all these threads come down to anymore; a bunch of convoluted hypotheticals), does the person have a right to be upset? Absofreakinlutely. Who should the person be upset with though? The judge? The Jury? The Prosecutor? Or I guess we can take the easy way out and blame no one, and just say something as insanely idiotic as "the country robbed him." Blame the "system." The same country that allegedly "robbed him" also afforded him the opportunity to regain his freedom. Nonetheless, blaming something as vague and convoluted as "the county" just seems like a feeble attempt to blame someone/ something, without having sufficient evidence to actually blame a specific person.

Well, so much for having respectful discussion. It's pretty much impossible to have on this board any more.

Well, so much for having respectful discussion. It's pretty much impossible to have on this board any more.

 

What part of my response was disrespectful? I apologize for whatever it was.

^Which is more than what Kap has done....

You'd have to ask him that.

 

FWIW, I thought they had said that he's been sitting during the anthem for a while now, but it was just recently noticed.

 

I think you're right, seems like they said he's been doing it but prior to this was hurt and not in uniform so it wasn't noticed.

I'd say if you were falsley imprisoned then got it reversed after a super long time, angry as hell yes but glad to be an american. How many countries give the chance to get out? And yes I see it every Friday night senior citizens down to toddlers milling around talking playing on phones while the anthem is going on. Ive made my son stand to attention. Since he has been old enough to stand. No excuse to not have the awareness of the situation .

Does anyone else find it comical that while allegedly taking a stand against oppression, Kap rocked a Fidel Castro shirt?

Correct, that is a difference. I don't think that difference is so great that they are not even remotely similar. Both are signs of disrespect.

 

Other than both involving the flag in some way, the two situations are vastly different.

The whole point of a stand is to put them on display, to ask the world to confront and examine their hypocrisies

 

 

Sort of like saying you refuse to honor a country that oppresses people, and yet you don't refuse the prosperity that same country's economic system provides you.

Is CK really a victim? Please.

First, how do you know he hasn't been a victim of discrimination or racism? Second, I wasn't saying CK was a victim because I don't have a clue one way or the other, but for the purpose of the discussion, he is the one that started a protest for victims so I'm putting him in that group. Third, you once again completely disregarding the point of a statement because you can't see past CK being the messenger.

 

So I will say again, why is it the victims responsibly to enact change? If a black man buys a $100,000 car but gets profiled and pulled over every day because of it, is it his fault for buying the car? Should he enact change by getting ride of the car? If you said yes then the discussion is over because your not rationale. I believe you are so I believe you answer is without a doubt NO. It is not his fault. So why is it on CK to enact change?

 

The next morning I wake up a black man in America will be the first. So I will not sit here and act like I know what people of color go through or what challenges they face. I will also not completely dismiss CK position because he was raised by white parents or makes $19 million a year or what ever other excuse I've seen the last 3 days. Everyone needs to quit digging their damn heels in and refusing to look at the other side of the argument.

 

Everyone...police, whites, blacks, Hispanics, ect... has work to do. The MAJORITY in all of these groups are good people. But that is no doubt work to be done. The divide in this country is terrible and until we start listening to each other nothing will change.

 

Look at CK's message at the core. Not in regards to who you think CK is or what life he has lived, but in regards to minorities as a who. Maybe he is doing this for attention...but if so who cares. Does it change the fact that the message at its core deserves attention.

 

At the same time the black community needs to stop with labeling every police shooting has murder. The vast majority of these are justified and it only furthers divides things when all are labeled as wrong.

First, how do you know he hasn't been a victim of discrimination or racism? Second, I wasn't saying CK was a victim because I don't have a clue one way or the other, but for the purpose of the discussion, he is the one that started a protest for victims so I'm putting him in that group. Third, you once again completely disregarding the point of a statement because you can't see past CK being the messenger.

 

So I will say again, why is it the victims responsibly to enact change? If a black man buys a $100,000 car but gets profiled and pulled over every day because of it, is it his fault for buying the car? Should he enact change by getting ride of the car? If you said yes then the discussion is over because your not rationale. I believe you are so I believe you answer is without a doubt NO. It is not his fault. So why is it on CK to enact change?

 

The next morning I wake up a black man in America will be the first. So I will not sit here and act like I know what people of color go through or what challenges they face. I will also not completely dismiss CK position because he was raised by white parents or makes $19 million a year or what ever other excuse I've seen the last 3 days. Everyone needs to quit digging their damn heels in and refusing to look at the other side of the argument.

 

Everyone...police, whites, blacks, Hispanics, ect... has work to do. The MAJORITY in all of these groups are good people. But that is no doubt work to be done. The divide in this country is terrible and until we start listening to each other nothing will change.

 

Look at CK's message at the core. Not in regards to who you think CK is or what life he has lived, but in regards to minorities as a who. Maybe he is doing this for attention...but if so who cares. Does it change the fact that the message at its core deserves attention.

 

At the same time the black community needs to stop with labeling every police shooting has murder. The vast majority of these are justified and it only furthers divides things when all are labeled as wrong.

 

I thought you were saying that Ck was a victim, so if you were not saying that I apologize.

 

Also, I have said time and time again in this thread, my issue is not with his message. If he thinks that we need to improve race relations, then good for him. go out and be the change you want to see.

 

My issue has always been with the method he used to portray this message. I will never accept or agree with sitting down during the national anthem (yes, an action that has historically been tied to disrespect) as a means to draw attention to his message.

I thought you were saying that Ck was a victim, so if you were not saying that I apologize.

 

Also, I have said time and time again in this thread, my issue is not with his message. If he thinks that we need to improve race relations, then good for him. go out and be the change you want to see.

 

My issue has always been with the method he used to portray this message. I will never accept or agree with sitting down during the national anthem (yes, an action that has historically been tied to disrespect) as a means to draw attention to his message.

Again, how is he supposed to be the change if he feels blacks are a victim of discrimination? Stop being black? I would argue him doing this has a better chance of bringing about change then anything else he could do.

 

I understand anyone's position that doesn't like him not standing, especially veterans. I'm not personally that offended by it given that he is not doing it out of disrespect.

 

That said what else could he have done to get this much attention?

At least when Kap gets picked up by a CFL team this will go away.

He always came across as selfish and needing attention, so I cannot help but believe that part of this is an attention grab.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.