Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Kaepernick is asking for justice, not peace

Featured Replies

:lol2: Has nothing to do with the NFL. It has more to do with Ray Rice, Johnny Manziel, Josh Gordon, Greg Hardy, Josh Brown and Colin Kaepernick just to name a few.

 

So we are going to act like all those people didn't lose fans ? I'm confused on what you are saying.

 

It seems like you posted one of those Internet meme that at second look don't make much sense. Ray Rice and Greg Hardy were vilified. Manziel is hated in Cleveland.

  • Replies 457
  • Views 31.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Yeah, because both sides refused to let it go until someone won. The NFL won. Come week 6 DeflateGate will be a memory.

 

We won't have to wait that long for this story to be a memory.

Racist has been said in the media. I never said you did. But some of the passive aggressive replies in this thread definitely imply things from some posters.

 

My stance on this is very simple. If you believe you are being mistreated fine let's hear it. But if you can't think of a better way of getting your point across than disrespecting a large number of people then you probably aren't the person who should be leading the charge. If you think disrespecting people is going open up communication I'd say you don't have much experience in that realm.

 

Anyone who thinks what Kap did will lead to anything is just wrong.

 

Depends on what you expect it to lead to.

We won't have to wait that long for this story to be a memory.

 

I disagree.

I disagree.

 

Once the NFL season starts no one is going to care about the backup qb for one of the four worst teams in the NFL.

 

Anyone who thinks what Kap did will lead to anything is just wrong.

 

Or it will and you'll be proven to be wrong. Guess time will tell.

Depends on what you expect it to lead to.

 

If I had problem I would hope it would lead to solutions.

 

I just don't get how you or anyone else thinks this helps. No one woke up said wow I agree with the guy who disrespected the flag , except for those who already agreed with him.

 

Somehow in this thread I've seem to be the only person who has followed Carmelo and his actions even though its been in the news for months and was talked about during the Olympics. But Carmelo approach has made me think.

 

I'm guessing you PP92 were aware.

 

But if you watch the NBA , ESPN , news networks, watch the olympics, read USA today , NY times , or 100s of sports blog , it is literally impossible not to be aware of Carmelo. The speech he organized at the ESPY's was every where.

Once the NFL season starts no one is going to care about the backup qb for one of the four worst teams in the NFL.

 

When Brady comes off of suspension you'll easily hear the word DeflateGate one hundred times from week 4-6.

Or it will and you'll be proven to be wrong. Guess time will tell.

 

Pretty confident the back up QB who disrespected the flag isn't going to be a leader of a movement. Pretty confident.

 

Time will tell a lot of things this won't be one.

If I had problem I would hope it would lead to solutions.

 

I just don't get how you or anyone else thinks this helps. No one woke up said wow I agree with the guy who disrespected the flag , except for those who already agreed with him.

 

Somehow in this thread I've seem to be the only person who has followed Carmelo and his actions even though its been in the news for months and was talked about during the Olympics. But Carmelo approach has made me think.

 

I'm guessing you PP92 were aware.

 

But if you watch the NBA , ESPN , news networks, watch the olympics, read USA today , NY times , or 100s of sports blog , it is literally impossible not to be aware of Carmelo. The speech he organized at the ESPY's was every where.

 

I know all about what Carmelo said. I applaud Carmelo for taking a stand and saying something thought out and calling other athletes to do more. I hope they do more in the future. Too bad no one cares when people just say stuff though. Kap's action has generated way more discussion than anything Carmelo has said. Hell, most people don't even know he said anything. I wonder what he thinks of Kap right now. We'll probably never know though. He, Lebron, CP3 and Wade have images that they want to protect so they can continue to make money. And I don't blame them. I ain't mad at folks who live the "don't bite the hand that feeds you" life. I'm currently living that life too. To each his own.

Pretty confident the back up QB who disrespected the flag isn't going to be a leader of a movement. Pretty confident.

 

Time will tell a lot of things this won't be one.

 

I'm genuinely interested to see how many people choose to sit during the national anthem at sporting events.

I just don't get how you or anyone else thinks this helps.

 

Did it create conversation?

 

Yes? Then it helped.

Did it create conversation?

 

Yes? Then it helped.

 

It created a conversation between people who already agree with each other and said the same talking points we've heard for the last 12 months . If the goal was to move the conversation forward this wasn't it.

It created a conversation between people who already agree with each other and said the same talking points we've heard for the last 12 months . If the goal was to move the conversation forward this wasn't it.

 

Just because you choose to focus on HOW he spoke up rather than WHY he spoke up doesn't mean everyone is that short-sighted.

 

Any conversation on these issues is better than the decades of ignoring it.

We won't have to wait that long for this story to be a memory.

 

This story won't die soon if he gets cut or traded.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.