Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Multiple Officers Shot During Protest in Texas

Featured Replies

You're right, we are going to have to agree to disagree. I see an issue with the amount of civilians being killed by police, you don't. I agree with him, EVERYONE should be troubled by what's going on.

 

There's literally nothing he could say that some of his constant detractors wouldn't pick apart and say he messed it up. Only a couple more months of blaming Obama, then what's everyone going to do?

 

Don't put words in my mouth. I of course don't want to see anyone killed by police, especially those who've done no wrong. I stated if the officers are wrong, prosecute them. I don't see how you can turn that into me not having an issue with it. I was behind prosecuting the cop in South Carolina. I want those who disgrace the shield to be punished. I also believe that our president shouldn't stir the pot.

 

And to answer your other question, we're screwed with Trump or Hillary

Edited by mcpapa

  • Replies 557
  • Views 43k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I also believe that our president shouldn't stir the pot.

 

Then I guess this is where we really disagree. I don't see his comments as stirring the pot, at all.

Then I guess this is where we really disagree. I don't see his comments as stirring the pot, at all.

 

Ok.

Do they still have the guy and girl that was driving the Mercedes? Last I read is that they were tight lipped about the situation but I never saw if they were released.

 

I read they released them but that wasn't in anything official.

You're right, we are going to have to agree to disagree. I see an issue with the amount of civilians being killed by police, you don't. I agree with him, EVERYONE should be troubled by what's going on.

 

There's literally nothing he could say that some of his constant detractors wouldn't pick apart and say he messed it up. Only a couple more months of blaming Obama, then what's everyone going to do?

 

There are issues with the amount of people killed by police. Part of the problem is violent people forcing police to use deadly force far too often.

 

Yes, sometimes bad officers do bad things. But there's not enough facts to determine what happened in the two most recent shootings just yet.

Only a couple more months of blaming Obama, then what's everyone going to do?

 

Blame HRC and keep blaming Obama.

I hope you are right my friend. As I've stated multiples times I really worry.

 

There will always be high points and low points but I really do believe that change happens in small increments and -- with rare exceptions -- at a very slow pace.

 

We're having discussions that are worth having. Sometimes in police-involved shootings the officer was justified, sometimes not. But we're having those discussions. Those discussions can be scary but take a step back outside and look at the larger picture... 60 or 70 years ago, if a cop had shot a black man in Louisiana, would anyone even have noticed? Would anyone outside of his family have even bothered to care?

 

I choose the long view of history, and in my opinion, it shows us that people are growing closer together, more interconnected, less violent. I won't let a reactionary sociopath on a rooftop in Dallas change that.

There are issues with the amount of people killed by police. Part of the problem is violent people forcing police to use deadly force far too often.

 

Glad we agree on this.

It feels like on the surface in the last decade, we've been set back a century in terms of race relations. I've spent almost a 5th of my living on a military base, I have as many black friends as anyone on this site. I am very hard on bad white cops, who shoot black people. It's simply just the way it feels to me as of 7/8/2016. I don't know how we fix it.

He was a target for whomever. He was labeled by a suspect by the Dallas Police Department when in all reality as soon as the shootings took place he immediately turned over his unloaded weapon to the same Dallas Police Department that said he was a suspect. Once the media plastered his face everywhere saying he was a suspect it took less than 10 minutes for his brother to end up in front of a camera explaining everything to everyone. During those 10 minutes before we got clarification he was a dead man walking. Probably a good thing he turned his weapon over to the police immediately once the shots rang out. Otherwise......

 

This is just another part of the real problem that is social media. Just like videos showing a small portion of police interactions. Tweets and photos floating around can quickly circulate and create an inaccurate portrayal of a person or incident.

It feels like on the surface in the last decade, we've been set back a century in terms of race relations. I've spent almost a 5th of my living on a military base, I have as many black friends as anyone on this site. I am very hard on bad white cops, who shoot black people. It's simply just the way it feels to me as of 7/8/2016. I don't know how we fix it.

 

Thank goodness that isn't the case.

I feel a lot of this started getting worse when Obama said the police acted stupidly and Obama and the Justice Dept took the word of an obvious liar on the Michael Brown death when he said a cop executed him. When in fact both incidences were premature judgements that were wrong.

 

To me it seems only time Obama speaks is when a black person gets killed. I'm yet to hear Obama give a regards to the 19yr old white kid in Calif that was shot and killed by police.

 

I always feel if your going to speak then it better be fair and mention all or no one at all.

I feel a lot of this started getting worse when Obama said the police acted stupidly and Obama and the Justice Dept took the word of an obvious liar on the Michael Brown death when he said a cop executed him. When in fact both incidences were premature judgements that were wrong.

 

To me it seems only time Obama speaks is when a black person gets killed. I'm yet to hear Obama give a regards to the 19yr old white kid in Calif that was shot and killed by police.

 

I always feel if your going to speak then it better be fair and mention all or no one at all.

 

Don't worry. Come January 2017 you won't have to worry about the POTUS speaking about blacks being shot by cops anymore.

If you just keep telling the qb how good he throws the ball and never tell the WRs or OL how good they do too then they lose respect for you.

Like wise if you chew a player out for something wrong then you better chew the next guy out for the same thing or you lose respect from people.

 

Obama has lost that respect from a lot of people, he has earned his nickname the great divider.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.