Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Multiple Officers Shot During Protest in Texas

Featured Replies

It's maddening and depressing.

 

I turned off the news and have been watching Andy Griffith for the last couple of hours...it is very depressing.

  • Replies 557
  • Views 43k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I think people look way too much in purposely vague statements from Obama trying to find something that isn't there. I've never heard a statement from him about anybody the shootings that has empowered me or anyone I know. Most folks I know don't even remember what he said in most statements let alone what he said to make people mad. I guarantee he isn't purposely trying to fan the flames of anything. He'd say much much more if he was trying to purposely infuriate people.

 

The nut jobs filled with that much hate are going to act on their stupidity regardless of what Obama says. Their brain is already out of wack as is.

 

You arent and the people you surround yourself with aren't idiots or maniacs. The people who do this are, and when the president implies things before investigations are completed, the extremists feel empowered or justified to act on their emotions. We'll just have to agree to disagree. I think if the shoe was on the other foot you'd feel the president was only throwing gas on the fire. At the very least, making comments such as "we should be troubled" imply the police were wrong and then we end up with what happened last night in Dallas. It's not a coincidence...

I'm glad he's ok. Based on the video of him turning in his gun it didn't look like they felt like he was much of a threat.

 

I'm done talking about him. He's a small blip in this story.

 

His story taught me right or no right: open carrying may implicate you in something awful.

You arent and the people you surround yourself with aren't idiots or maniacs. The people who do this are, and when the president implies things before investigations are completed, the extremists feel empowered or justified to act on their emotions. We'll just have to agree to disagree. I think if the shoe was on the other foot you'd feel the president was only throwing gas on the fire. At the very least, making comments such as "we should be troubled" imply the police were wrong and then we end up with what happened last night in Dallas. It's not a coincidence...

 

All in perspective I guess. When I hear him say "we should be troubled" it means something different to me than it does to others. There's no way I'll believe Dallas happened simply because of what Obama said. If that's the case then I guess there won't be anymore attacks on cops since he he spoke out against the attacks in Dallas last night.

His story taught me right or no right: open carrying may implicate you in something awful.

 

And if we are going to be honest with ourselves it should implicate you more often than not if you are not a uniformed officer of the law.

All in perspective I guess. When I hear him say "we should be troubled" it means something different to me than it does to others. There's no way I'll believe Dallas happened simply because of what Obama said. If that's the case then I guess there won't be anymore attacks on cops since he he spoke out against the attacks in Dallas last night.

 

As I said before, I don't think they do it because Obama implies things, I think they feel empowered to act on the hate in their hearts when he implies things.

And if we are going to be honest with ourselves it should implicate you more often than not if you are not a uniformed officer of the law.

 

I've always maintained that open carrying is stupid. Conceal your weapon.

As I said before, I don't think they do it because Obama implies things, I think they feel empowered to act on the hate in their hearts when he implies things.

 

I think you and others are looking for a scapegoat in these cases, and Obama has always been an easy target.

 

Doesn't matter what he says (or doesn't say), people will always find a reason to blame these acts on him, which is lazy at best.

I've always maintained that open carrying is stupid. Conceal your weapon.

 

The law is a problem.

 

If you respect the law and the rights that come with it you have to let that guy wander around with a rifle over his shoulder in a potentially hostile environment without being able to stop him and question him as to his intent or to check his mental stability.

 

You then have to wait until he COMMITS a crime or is showing that he is about to commit a crime. Too late.

 

I don't have any sympathy for the guy.

The law is a problem.

 

If you respect the law and the rights that come with it you have to let that guy wander around with a rifle over his shoulder in a potentially hostile environment without being able to stop him and question him as to his intent or to check his mental stability.

 

You then have to wait until he COMMITS a crime or is showing that he is about to commit a crime. Too late.

 

I don't have any sympathy for the guy.

 

I don't either. He wanted attention, that's why he was carrying a rifle at a protest wearing camo.

 

I think people are taking advantage of the law, using it to taunt police for YouTube fame.

All I know is that 5 police officers are dead protecting civilians that were protesting police misconduct. I believe that speaks volumes of the character of the men and women of Dallas. I can't find the picture, but I saw two cops taking a pic with a protester that really stood out to me.

Says he acted alone.

 

I won't be surprised if he did. Several other "suspects" were interviewed and released.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.