Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Multiple Officers Shot During Protest in Texas

Featured Replies

Just watched Pelosi news conference and she makes me sick. She evokes prayer for political convenience to give the perception she is holier than thou.

 

That's what elitist do.

  • Replies 557
  • Views 43k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
That's what elitist do.

 

I wish the point of this thread were the politicians we despised :(

Just watched Pelosi news conference and she makes me sick. She evokes prayer for political convenience to give the perception she is holier than thou.

 

Prayer is never a bad thing.

I didn't want to get involved in this kind of stuff today. Not after everything that's happened. But what could this possibly mean? 50 years of decline? Based on what? It's better to be a non-white person in this country right now than any time in this country's history. I'd call that 50 years of positive movement.

 

But you are right about one thing, it's still only the beginning. The fact that the things we've seen in the news this week keep happening is certainly evidence of that.

 

What I meant, every time there is an instance of crime it's turned into a racial incident. So tired of this!

This is as bad as the people Tweeting "Pigs in a Blanket, Fry Fry Fry" last night after the shootings. A lot of police hate last night and people cheering on the shooters.

 

#StupidKnowsNoColor

 

What heartens me in this age of instant news and instant responses to it is that most people saw stuff like those tweets or Joe Walsh's comments and instantly write it off as the ravings of stupid people. I don't lament for the future because of how awful some people are; I'm hopeful because most people are still repulsed by it.

CBS says one of the shooters was an Army veteran.

A couple people here have insinuated recently that black suspects with guns don't walk away alive.

 

Your post seemed to back that sentiment, and seemed like you basically felt like without twitter, the crazy police would have taken him out.

 

They did their jobs. They needed to find out who he was and why he was carrying around a rifle considering a rifle was just used to kill 5 officers.

 

Yes, I do believe black suspects with guns are less likely to walk away alive than white suspects with guns.

 

Yes, I feel like his life was in grave danger when his picture was posted with him walking around with his rifle and he was labeled as the suspect by the Dallas PD. Nevermind that he was cooperating with police immediately after the shootings took place. And that is you saying and using the words "crazy police". My words were "dead man walking".

 

Yes, and thank God he is still alive to talk about it.

What I meant, every time there is an instance of crime it's turned into a racial incident. So tired of this!

 

A lot of history behind those sentiments. Generations upon generations of mistrust. Hard to undo in a couple decades.

 

Brown v. Board of Education was 60 years ago. Civil Rights Act only 50. And those were just the first steps on the road to reconciliation.

 

It doesn't look good at times, but I firmly believe that race relations in these United States are better than they've ever been... but we've got a long way to go.

Yes, I do believe black suspects with guns are less likely to walk away alive than white suspects with guns.

 

Yes, I feel like his life was in grave danger when his picture was posted with him walking around with his rifle and he was labeled as the suspect by the Dallas PD. Nevermind that he was cooperating with police immediately after the shootings took place. And that is you saying and using the words "crazy police". My words were "dead man walking".

 

Yes, and thank God he is still alive to talk about it.

 

I'm glad he's ok. Based on the video of him turning in his gun it didn't look like they felt like he was much of a threat.

 

I'm done talking about him. He's a small blip in this story.

I don't think anyone feels that way cause Obama told them to, I do however feel the ones who do this stuff feel empowered when Obama says some of the things he does in reference to police shootings, especially before the investigations are completed.

 

I think people look way too much in purposely vague statements from Obama trying to find something that isn't there. I've never heard a statement from him about anybody the shootings that has empowered me or anyone I know. Most folks I know don't even remember what he said in most statements let alone what he said to make people mad. I guarantee he isn't purposely trying to fan the flames of anything. He'd say much much more if he was trying to purposely infuriate people.

 

The nut jobs filled with that much hate are going to act on their stupidity regardless of what Obama says. Their brain is already out of wack as is.

I'm glad he's ok. Based on the video of him turning in his gun it didn't look like they felt like he was much of a threat.

 

I'm done talking about him. He's a small blip in this story.

 

True and true.

This is as bad as the people Tweeting "Pigs in a Blanket, Fry Fry Fry" last night after the shootings. A lot of police hate last night and people cheering on the shooters.

 

#StupidKnowsNoColor

 

It's maddening and depressing.

A lot of history behind those sentiments. Generations upon generations of mistrust. Hard to undo in a couple decades.

 

Brown v. Board of Education was 60 years ago. Civil Rights Act only 50. And those were just the first steps on the road to reconciliation.

 

It doesn't look good at times, but I firmly believe that race relations in these United States are better than they've ever been... but we've got a long way to go.

 

Truth.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.