July 8, 201610 yr Absolutely terrible news to wake up to this morning. Prayers go out to the Dallas PD and all LEOs in general.
July 8, 201610 yr You can't seem to grasp the point. I'll try to make it as clear as possible. The officers on the ground weren't reading twitter. Twitter didn't save anyone from the police tonight. The police did their jobs, and he was questioned and was unharmed. Apparently multiple other people who they suspect may be involved are also in custody, alive. The internet might have given him the death penalty and then pulled back on it, but that's because there are a lot of stupid people on the internet. And I'll make it as clear as possible for you from the perspective of thousands of others who watched it play out on Twitter and the news. Michael Hughes was named a suspect by the Dallas PD and the picture of him was plastered all over social media and the national news as The Suspect/Person of Interest. After about 10-15 minutes I believe it was the Dallas Morning News who tweeted out video of the suspect being on the ground amongst the crowd when the shooting broke out. Shortly after that that video appeared his brother apparently went to local media and gave everyone the whole story about his brother. It took the national media a good 10 minutes before they showed the interview his brother gave but Twitter already had that video trending. So yes, in the eyes of many Twitter saved his life because he willingly turned himself in, turned his unloaded gun in, cooperated with the police and was released. For a brief 10-15 minutes of his life he was public enemy #1 and I'm not talking about the rap group. Was he literally a dead man walking? Obviously not but like I said I was far from alone from having that thought but I still consider him lucky and a very smart and aware individual. Edited July 8, 201610 yr by PurplePride92
July 8, 201610 yr Yep! Like I said as well, some of the comments out there are beyond sick! And again, they have no clue what they are talking about. Just like this idiot lady on CNN now, she doesn't known what she is taking about. Other than showing video clips I thought the media all together was pretty bad last night.
July 8, 201610 yr I'll admit I was wrong when I initially thought the shooters were part of the BLM protest. I in no way, at this point think they were any part of that group. Problem is that others will not see the error in that way of thinking and will use this to continue to drive a wedge in our country. Some will wrongly blame protesters here just as others always automatically blame police in all shootings. One is as wrong as the other. If we can't be civil with each other here on BGP where at the root most members really do respect each other, how can we expect those across the country full of hate and misunderstanding to communicate in a civil and constructive manner? I used to think the country was going to be fine and that a lot of stuff was being blown out of proportion. I was wrong. I don't have any faith for the future of our country.
July 8, 201610 yr I used to think the country was going to be fine and that a lot of stuff was being blown out of proportion. I was wrong. I don't have any faith for the future of our country. Yep. We don't have a black or white problem. We don't have a rich or poor problem. We don't have a right or left problem. We have a hate problem. Not real sure how we find a solution to that, and it's depressing.
July 8, 201610 yr I have no clue who was behind this or the motivation. It's a sad day when our LEO are targeted in mass like this. White , Black or whatever it doesn't matter. The goal of these shooters is to divide .
July 8, 201610 yr Yep. We don't have a black or white problem. We don't have a rich or poor problem. We don't have a right or left problem. We have a hate problem. Not real sure how we find a solution to that, and it's depressing. You are 100% correct. This is a heart issue.
July 8, 201610 yr Interview with the guy with the gun that was walking with the crowd. Great video. I've been following this all night and haven't seen this interview on any station.
July 8, 201610 yr Reddit says the last suspect has killed himself. Waiting to see it on something legit... Confirmed. 3 suspects in custody, 1 dead by self-inflicted gunshot wound.
July 8, 201610 yr Really sad events, our country is as divided as ever. The Dallas cops did nothing in MN or LA.
July 8, 201610 yr Really sad events, our country is as divided as ever. The Dallas cops did nothing in MN or LA. I'm holding judgment just like the shootings the last two nights. We don't know who is behind this.
July 8, 201610 yr I'm holding judgment just like the shootings the last two nights. We don't know who is behind this. With how organized and planned this was, I have a very hard time believing this was as a result of the MN or LA incidents.
July 8, 201610 yr Some of Obama's statement: And no, he didn't just tweet out a statement. Fox News tagged his statement is all this is. He spoke from the NATO conference in Poland.
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.