July 8, 201610 yr This was planned long before the recent police shootings, and has nothing to do with them. BUT, all one needs to do is look at the comments on the guys FB page who shot the live video to see how sick some people are. Now listening to CNN, as I am sure with any media, they have ZERO clue! Talking about a "terror group"? Then bring up the gun control debate? This is the worse part of 24 hour news, they have so much time to fill that they start talking about anything and everything, which at the end almost everything they said ends up not being true.
July 8, 201610 yr Dallas PD presser posted Here on Periscope at about 12:30am Dallas local time: -Suspect has been in negotiation for the last 45 minutes in a parking garage in downtown Dallas. Suspect is not cooperative in the negotiations and has been exchanging gunfire with Dallas PD. Suspect has stated that "the end is near" and that he will be killing as many police officers as possible. Suspect has also stated that there are bombs planted in numerous locations. -Female suspect from the garage area is currently in custody. -Confirmed that the two individuals in the Mercedes with the camouflage bag are in custody and are being questioned. -Dallas PD is not confident that they currently have all perps in custody. -3 Dallas PD officers and 1 DART (Dallas Area Rapid Transit) officer are now deceased. -Dallas downtown area is still considered an active crime scene, and employees of businesses downtown are being asked not to go to work in the morning in order to allow the investigation to continue in as unobstructed manner as possible. -"We as a city, we as a country must come together, lock arms, and heal the wounds that we all feel from time to time. Words matter. Leadership matters at this time." -It is unknown whether or not the suspects are local to Dallas at this time. -Shooters were assumed to be working together, triangulating shots from elevated locations.
July 8, 201610 yr There is video of the original "person of interest" or "suspect" turning his gun over to police. No one had a gun on him. There was no violence. He did not get threatened. He gave the gun up, and walked away. Looked like an Officer walked away with him getting his information. Mike Leslie on Twitter: "Facebook video of DPD's original person of interest, handing over his weapon to authorities Via facebook live video https://t.co/hDmeV6T4sz"
July 8, 201610 yr I'll admit I was wrong when I initially thought the shooters were part of the BLM protest. I in no way, at this point think they were any part of that group. Problem is that others will not see the error in that way of thinking and will use this to continue to drive a wedge in our country. Some will wrongly blame protesters here just as others always automatically blame police in all shootings. One is as wrong as the other. If we can't be civil with each other here on BGP where at the root most members really do respect each other, how can we expect those across the country full of hate and misunderstanding to communicate in a civil and constructive manner?
July 8, 201610 yr I'll admit I was wrong when I initially thought the shooters were part of the BLM protest. I in no way, at this point think they were any part of that group. Problem is that others will not see the error in that way of thinking and will use this to continue to drive a wedge in our country. Some will wrongly blame protesters here just as others always automatically blame police in all shootings. One is as wrong as the other. If we can't be civil with each other here on BGP where at the root most members really do respect each other, how can we expect those across the country full of hate and misunderstanding to communicate in a civil and constructive manner? I would say at this point we do not know what the motive is. It's possible this was just an opportunity to unleash violence...
July 8, 201610 yr I would say at this point we do not know what the motive is. It's possible this was just an opportunity to unleash violence... Seems like it was preplanned and this opportunity presented itself. Just throwing this out...ISIS has made threats against US Law Enforcement, could be those idiots or someone doing it in thier name.
July 8, 201610 yr According to reddit, there are reports of looting in downtown Dallas. Reading a little further, I'm not sure if this is true. I don't think it is.
July 8, 201610 yr Terrible situation. I just can't make myself buy the ISIS theory at this point. Why would they kill 4 officers when they could have killed many more protesters? Seems like ISIS doesn't aim for specific targets, just masses of people.
July 8, 201610 yr Terrible situation. I just can't make myself buy the ISIS theory at this point. Why would they kill 4 officers when they could have killed many more protesters? Seems like ISIS doesn't aim for specific targets, just masses of people. Probably not but they have made specific threats to US LE. If this happens to be ISIS inspired it may have been carried out by homegrown idiots and not real ISIS.
July 8, 201610 yr Saw this on Reddit. https://i.sli.mg/Pr6ewL.png Yep! Like I said as well, some of the comments out there are beyond sick! And again, they have no clue what they are talking about. Just like this idiot lady on CNN now, she doesn't known what she is taking about.
July 8, 201610 yr Yep! Like I said as well, some of the comments out there are beyond sick! And again, they have no clue what they are talking about. Just like this idiot lady on CNN now, she doesn't known what she is taking about. I watched CNN for about 2 minutes before I changed the channel.
July 8, 201610 yr Reddit says the last suspect has killed himself. Waiting to see it on something legit...
July 8, 201610 yr Just horribly tragic and horrific. I feel awful for the officers and their families. This seems like a calculated attack, and one that IMO was unrelated to the BLM protests that were going on at the time. There is just so much hate in this world. It's such a depressing feeling.
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.