Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Multiple Officers Shot During Protest in Texas

Featured Replies

Very valid point. I do think we need leaders in both the black and white communities to get together in very public venues to promote peace and healing. Of course, many people have no interest in watching that on TV.

 

Problem is, our current black and white "leaders" are the one's who have put us in the racial divide we are currently experiencing. Tac wrote, "one step forward two steps back". IMO, we are 50 years in decline, no end in sight, and this is only the beginning. I hope I'm wrong.

  • Replies 557
  • Views 43k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Are all news agencies calling this one culprit now? CNN is calling it a "sniper ambushes cops."

I had a feeling and told my wife last night i wouldn't be surprised if it turns out there was only one shooter. With the chaos going on out there it probably felt like more.

Are all news agencies calling this one culprit now? CNN is calling it a "sniper ambushes cops."

 

Fox News has it as "sniper" now too.

And I'll make it as clear as possible for you from the perspective of thousands of others who watched it play out on Twitter and the news.

 

 

Michael Hughes was named a suspect by the Dallas PD and the picture of him was plastered all over social media and the national news as The Suspect/Person of Interest.

 

After about 10-15 minutes I believe it was the Dallas Morning News who tweeted out video of the suspect being on the ground amongst the crowd when the shooting broke out.

 

Shortly after that that video appeared his brother apparently went to local media and gave everyone the whole story about his brother.

 

It took the national media a good 10 minutes before they showed the interview his brother gave but Twitter already had that video trending.

 

So yes, in the eyes of many Twitter saved his life because he willingly turned himself in, turned his unloaded gun in, cooperated with the police and was released. For a brief 10-15 minutes of his life he was public enemy #1 and I'm not talking about the rap group. Was he literally a dead man walking? Obviously not but like I said I was far from alone from having that thought but I still consider him lucky and a very smart and aware individual.

 

A couple people here have insinuated recently that black suspects with guns don't walk away alive.

 

Your post seemed to back that sentiment, and seemed like you basically felt like without twitter, the crazy police would have taken him out.

 

They did their jobs. They needed to find out who he was and why he was carrying around a rifle considering a rifle was just used to kill 5 officers.

I'd heard they had other suspects in custody but then in the press conference the chief of police said that the dead suspect told them he was alone. I haven't heard anything about the other suspects since. What is the status of the idea of multiple shooters at this point?

 

The suspect also said he was not affiliated with any groups and that he was acting alone, Brown said.

Mayor Mike Rawlings said this morning that no information will be released right now about the three surviving suspects, who are in custody, because of the ongoing investigation.

Dallas Shooting Suspect Wanted to Kill White People, Especially White Cops, Police Said - ABC News

 

So from what I'm gathering is they are trying to sort it out before they release any information about the suspects. A couple of takeaways- Brown the Police Chief is a class act. He isn't jumping the gun but clearly has his officers & their families as well as the citizens of Dallas safety clearly his priority. He did not start placing blame nor get off on gun control but is focused on getting the answers to the many questions behind this terrible act of violence. I am reminded of the many officers who everyday risk everything for our safety while giving us freedoms that we hold dear to us like voicing our opinions when we see injustice. It is because of people like Brown that I'm encouraged the US still has a lot of good people both black & white.

We all (myself included) need to look in the mirror and ask what I've done to better or worsen this situation.

 

I'll freely admit that with keyboard courage and anonymity I've said things on here that I would NEVER say to someone's face and with some of the outrageous, insulting and condescending things that have been said I would hope I'm not the only one who can truthfully say that.

 

Look at last night on here, before the word of the Dallas shooting it was a classic "mines bigger then yours" zone.

 

We have leaders who jump to conclusions on both sides and in the desire to get the perfect sound-byte to appease their base say things they shouldn't. Obama's done it, Trump's done it, they've all done it. The problem is that there are people that support them on both sides that won't call them out on it.

And for the record that couldn't be more false. Let's not act like people who have issues with the actions of some police officers feel that way because Obama told them too. That's false. I have a catalogue full of rap music from the 90s where disgust with the police is discussed quite frequently. And that is not including NWA.

 

I don't think anyone feels that way cause Obama told them to, I do however feel the ones who do this stuff feel empowered when Obama says some of the things he does in reference to police shootings, especially before the investigations are completed.

I don't think anyone feels that way cause Obama told them to, I do however feel the ones who do this stuff feel empowered when Obama says some of the things he does in reference to police shootings, especially before the investigations are completed.

 

^^^^^

 

This is a very honest statement.

I don't think anyone feels that way cause Obama told them to, I do however feel the ones who do this stuff feel empowered when Obama says some of the things he does in reference to police shootings, especially before the investigations are completed.

 

Obama's comments last night were OK but some of his past comments definitely gave credence to the "cops are bad" narrative starting with the way he inserted himself into the matter with the professor that resulted in the "beer summit" before all the facts were known. If we're ever going to get past this then his comments where he's decided guilt before facts are known (Micheal Brown) have to be treated the same way Trump's comments about Mexicans and Muslims have been.

Just watched Pelosi news conference and she makes me sick. She evokes prayer for political convenience to give the perception she is holier than thou.

Problem is, our current black and white "leaders" are the one's who have put us in the racial divide we are currently experiencing. Tac wrote, "one step forward two steps back". IMO, we are 50 years in decline, no end in sight, and this is only the beginning. I hope I'm wrong.

 

I didn't want to get involved in this kind of stuff today. Not after everything that's happened. But what could this possibly mean? 50 years of decline? Based on what? It's better to be a non-white person in this country right now than any time in this country's history. I'd call that 50 years of positive movement.

 

But you are right about one thing, it's still only the beginning. The fact that the things we've seen in the news this week keep happening is certainly evidence of that.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.