Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Multiple Officers Shot During Protest in Texas

Featured Replies

I've tried to remain positive on this, and not completely given up yet, however the last few days on social media has just about done it.

 

Same here. It just wears on you and after a while hope just leaves.

  • Replies 557
  • Views 43k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Same here. It just wears on you and after a while hope just leaves.

 

It seems to be getting harder and harder to believe this will get better, at least before it gets much worse?

It seems to be getting harder and harder to believe this will get better, at least before it gets much worse?

 

Agreed. And it is scary.

I could see the police backing off significantly, especially in areas where they know the likelyhood of confrontation is more likely. Could result not only in chaos in many of the inner cities, but also an opening for the terrorists to infiltrate and do some real damage. Scary times, and I lived through the 60's & 70's.

Had a long discussion earlier this week before all of this happened, with someone. He was saying that police officers and soldiers knew what they were getting into when they signed up for their job. He said he didn't understand all of the grief shown when a soldier or police officer was killed, because after all that's what they signed up for. I strongly disagreed saying that they signed up to serve not die.

 

Now some on here have presented this exact same attitude that this guy did over the past years. Basically if a policeman gets killed, well he knew that was a chance...too bad for him.

 

Well how come the same people that feel that police officers know what they are in for when they sign up, don't call out criminals for their bad actions. After all, if they didn't break the law, or if they followed commands of police officers they probably wouldn't get tased, tackled, pepper sprayed or shot.

 

Will mistakes happen, yes. But can anyone with a straight face say that if the guy in Baton Rouge doesn't resist and raises his hands to be searched none of what happened would have happened? So why did he resist, why did he refuse to comply? Maybe because he was a convicted felon and reportedly in possession of a gun, which in all likelihood would have sent him back to prison. So maybe he thought it was worth it to try to get away from police, maybe he thought that was better than going back to prison...I don't know. But I'll bet anything I have that if he had complied he would be alive today and possibly so would 5 dead police officers in Dallas.

 

Who on here has presented the attitude that "if a policemen gets killed, well he knew that was a chance?"

I've not seen that attitude on here, either.

Progress is never going to happen.

 

I disagree. Progress is just people of different races becoming friends. Your son probably fits this bill. My best friend is a black man. I stood at his wedding. It's just about different people mingling. My friends and I can argue on these topics and be real. It's when the topics are seperated by race when things stall.

 

Progress is real. I think real progress is when you can argue things over a beer.

Edited by PurplePride92

Who on here has presented the attitude that "if a policemen gets killed, well he knew that was a chance?"

 

I'm not going to look it up, but I've seen that on here once upon a time. If I hadn't I wouldn't say anything right now. I believe the wordage was they know the risk....

Progress is never going to happen.

 

Sooooo you're saying there's NOT a chance?

Sooooo you're saying there's NOT a chance?

 

No. There's always a chance. I'm just now sure how progress is going to happen.

I disagree. Progress is just people of different races becoming friends. Your son probably fits this bill. My best friend is a black man. I stood at his wedding. It's just about different people mingling. My friends and I can argue on these topics and be real. It's when the topics are seperated by race when things stall.

 

Progress is real. I think real progress is when you can argue things over a beer.

 

I always thought my generation would be the one to take progress to the next level. I was wrong. We've made it worse and our kids will be products of what they learned from us.

 

I guarantee I mingle amongst different people more than the average man/woman. Nothing is changing.

So the man carrying the black scary gun had nothing to do with this? It was the evil guy behind another gun?

 

Yep. And it happened in a place that wasn't a gun free zone.

Yep. And it happened in a place that wasn't a gun free zone.

 

Evil has no boundaries, we all need to learn this lesson, quickly.

Yep. And it happened in a place that wasn't a gun free zone.

 

And, sadly, the shooting is already being exploited by agenda driven politicians.

Evil has no boundaries, we all need to learn this lesson, quickly.

 

I think many, if not most, already know that. The question is how do we prevent these types of events from happening.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.