Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Multiple Officers Shot During Protest in Texas

Featured Replies

HB20, concerning what I posted about 6pm last night. I was out eating dinner with a few friends discussing a funeral that we are attending this afternoon and two of my friends were black.

 

They brought up that video that I posted. They were telling me that what they and many black people they know would feel a certain way about an event, in this case their concerns that they are treated differently than white people. They said that when they bring their concerns, and their feelings up, that many white people don't listen to them, that many white people want to give a reason instead of listening.

 

Forgive me if I didn't saw that as correctly as I should have in this post. But perhaps some of our non-white friends on here can elaborate on this if they could.

 

I'll post this in a few other forums as well. But, any LEO, over a 1 million of them in the US, should listen to these concerns, AND every citizen needs to listen and see the concerns and the fears (fears of non-whites should be addressed as well) that LEO's have nowadays.

 

I don't like how on like FB some people where sending out meme's pointing kit how the protesters ran to the officers when the shots started. YES! Of course they did, and I am sure that every single officers that night would have protected any and all of them! That's what they do! Losing 5 people that night was awful, but thankfully there were not more deaths, as it could have been a lot worse.

 

I'd also like to see the short stories about each of these 5 officers, as well as any account from that night, such as where were they located when they got shot? Were they protecting or covering for citizens? Stories about them and their families.

 

What did they say their concerns were?

I'm curious.

  • Replies 557
  • Views 43k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
He should speak out quickly and base his speech on facts and keep it real basic.

 

He claims a side to quickly and it's put innocent people in danger. Let things play out a little before choosing sides.

 

I'm honestly tired of everyone that kills people having some mental issue, folks please give that up, our world is full of evil people.

 

Evil people are mentally unstable people. Evil actions from evil thoughts isn't close to normal behavior.

His struggle to admit the truth in something as glaringly obvious as this makes me think the obvious of him. This is why he's a divider and not a uniter.

 

It is impossible for a black man of any stature to be a uniter. It's not even remotely close possible at all.

It is impossible for a black man of any stature to be a uniter. It's not even remotely close possible at all.

 

I had total faith in Obama at first and thought he would be fair and thought race relations would be a lot better. I really thought that.

But the way he has accused people like the cop and seemed to take sides on racial issues like Michael Brown, etc. it has led to people following his lead and then the way he cuddles Al Sharpton in the White Houseas an advisor, when everyone knows he hates white people, then how can anyone respect him and even want to unify with him.

What is the solution? Everyone who points fingers, give us a solution along with your finger pointing complaint. Complaining without ideas and/or possible solutions is divisive. Instead of looking to blame someone, let's look to fix the problem.

Isn't Micah Johnson dead?

 

Yes. Your point? Not sure what that has to do with what I said.

It is impossible for a black man of any stature to be a uniter. It's not even remotely close possible at all.

 

I disagree. I see you as one. I see nWo as one. I see several others on here as uniters. I may not always agree with you sometimes on here, but I think you're a good man and I think you not only try to make a difference, I think you do make a difference.

That's because he doesn't say what people want him to say and they are offended by it. You know how folks get offended by everything these days. :D

 

I can only speak for myself, but I think he has a track record for rushing to judgement when race is involved. He also often claims up when it appears (or in this case flat out is) black on white racism.

What is the solution? Everyone who points fingers, give us a solution along with your finger pointing complaint. Complaining without ideas and/or possible solutions is divisive. Instead of looking to blame someone, let's look to fix the problem.

 

I see people on here pointing a finger at the finger pointers.

 

The fix is hard. People have to learn to trust and respect one another. It's hard because people, in general, suck. How do we reach one another when we're not willing to listen? We're all guilty of that.

I have a great question for purple pride.

I have a great question for purple pride.

 

Are you going to share it with the rest of us? :lol2:

 

50 years later ... ask questions, seek answers, love conquers hate

 

We need to approach this challenge Marvin's way ...

Yes. Your point? Not sure what that has to do with what I said.

 

Why do we care if Obama says if it is a hate crime or not if he's dead? Are we going to revive him and then take him to court?

I disagree. I see you as one. I see nWo as one. I see several others on here as uniters. I may not always agree with you sometimes on here, but I think you're a good man and I think you not only try to make a difference, I think you do make a difference.

 

But if I was in Obama's shoes I would be saying and doing the exact same things as he is doing so that rules me out as a uniter.

I had total faith in Obama at first and thought he would be fair and thought race relations would be a lot better. I really thought that.

But the way he has accused people like the cop and seemed to take sides on racial issues like Michael Brown, etc. it has led to people following his lead and then the way he cuddles Al Sharpton in the White Houseas an advisor, when everyone knows he hates white people, then how can anyone respect him and even want to unify with him.

 

I can only speak for myself, but I think he has a track record for rushing to judgement when race is involved. He also often claims up when it appears (or in this case flat out is) black on white racism.

 

Why is it up to Obama to be the uniter of race relations? When you look at the entire history of the United States between black and white people it doesn't make sense for Obama to be the one who is supposed to be the unifier. At the end of the day he is still a black dude and the only POTUS who has ever seemingly sided with black people on social issues such as these that the media loves to highlight. And maybe it's just me but I just don't understand this whole narrative of Obama having to be some sort of racial relations savior and that he is a great divider. When he says what most black people are thinking and is labeled a divider why should I believe racial relations will get any better? When black people speak their minds whites people get mad. That ain't a recipe for a campfire round of Kumbayah.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.