Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Multiple Officers Shot During Protest in Texas

Featured Replies

My issue with his comments were when he said it exposed the racial divide in the American justice system that “stains the heart of black children.”

 

And

 

“Too many young men of color feel targeted by law enforcement — guilty of walking while black or driving while black, judged by stereotypes that fuel fear and resentment and hopelessness.”

 

Nothing said about fighting the police, disrespecting the police, not complying with police orders.

 

As far as another black president goes, some day we will, but I sure hope it isn't one like Obama. I've said all along he has zero leadership qualities, I stand by that statement today.

 

I would say that statement is eleventy billion percent accurate.

  • Replies 557
  • Views 43k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Not in Ferguson, Baltimore, etc.

 

You seriously believe that?

I believe more than we know were racially motivated or provoked. Never said they weren't. I also stated if they were they need to be punished. Any loss of life is unjustified if yours isn't threatened. Again the numbers are staggering compared to the lopsided proportional outrage. Where is the presidant and congress on a daily basis when chicago happens or these murders get carried out everyday. You do realize that all of the mass murders in the usa in one year won't come close to touching the 4500. Im not trying to politicize the problem. I want real actions, real solutions to the real problems. Right now the appearance is that black kids murding black kids is ok as long as another race is not involved. Human lives do matter. I just get a little frustrated when the anger is aimed at some people and not others for the same or worst offenses.

 

 

Black people don't like what Obama has to say about black on black violence.

 

 

Obama Gun Control Chicago: Obama’s Chicago Speech On Gun Violence Tells Blacks A Skewed Story | News One

No, to unify you have the conversations on your common ground not concentrate the conversations on your differences. That conversation has to happen after you get everybody on the same page. If you go straight for the throat people's nature is to fight back before they listen. We are humans, we are all americans, we are all fathers, mothers, sons to someone. We all need to learn to treat each other better and act better in society. Stop the labels, my color your color only furthers the divide. Have to be human first. I only care about your color if you make it an issue. We have to do better. I'm not white your not black. I shouldn't and you shouldn't be judged by the skin I didn't choose.

 

I know. The problem is that when he speaks from his heart as a black man blacks get mad and whites get mad. So as the leader of the free world he shouldn't say anything so no one gets their feelings hurt?

I know. The problem is that when he speaks from his heart as a black man blacks get mad and whites get mad. So as the leader of the free world he shouldn't say anything so no one gets their feelings hurt?

 

#irony

If I were there POTUS I would say, "Look, my term is 95% complete. Y'all ain't going to listen me and plus you are going to hear what you want to hear. I'll be at Camp David if you need me. Peace."

 

Dude can't win.

I know. The problem is that when he speaks from his heart as a black man blacks get mad and whites get mad. So as the leader of the free world he shouldn't say anything so no one gets their feelings hurt?

 

If I were there POTUS I would say, "Look, my term is 95% complete. Y'all ain't going to listen me and plus you are going to hear what you want to hear. I'll be at Camp David if you need me. Peace."

 

Dude can't win.

 

Nobody ever said that being POTUS is or was going to be easy. Tough job, it demands that he rise above our all petty differences and do the right thing reguardless of who it makes mad. We just need him to lead in a way that helps...

Nobody ever said that being POTUS is or was going to be easy. Tough job, it demands that he rise above our all petty differences and do the right thing reguardless of who it makes mad. We just need him to lead in a way that helps...

 

In this day and age it is impossible. We all see and hear what we want to see and hear. We all have different things we want to see and expect from our leaders. A year from now I may be disappointed in our leadership while others may say it had never been better.

In this day and age it is impossible. We all see and hear what we want to see and hear. We all have different things we want to see and expect from our leaders. A year from now I may be disappointed in our leadership while others may say it had never been better.

 

True. I'll bet most of us want to meet in the middle somewhere. It's the fringes that make all the noises and want what they want with no compromise.

True. I'll bet most of us want to meet in the middle somewhere. It's the fringes that make all the noises and want what they want with no compromise.

 

Agreed. I'd much rather meet in the middle than agree to disagree.

You seriously believe that?

 

Yes. I seriously believe he would not be involved in the burning and looting of a city.

Yes. I seriously believe he would not be involved in the burning and looting of a city.

 

Oh. Gotcha. See I believe if he was there then there wouldn't have burning and looting because the protests would have been led by a true leader with the ability to have all of the protestors to remain peaceful. MLK would have been able to deliver a message powerful and clear enough that even the crazy, hate filled violent people wouldn't have acted on. We don't have that kind of leader in the black community right now and that is part of the problem on both sides of the issue.

 

That is what I am saying though. MLK would have been there and violence wouldn't have happened because of his presence.

Oh. Gotcha. See I believe if he was there then there wouldn't have burning and looting because the protests would have been led by a true leader with the ability to have all of the protestors to remain peaceful. MLK would have been able to deliver a message powerful and clear enough that even the crazy, hate filled violent people wouldn't have acted on. We don't have that kind of leader in the black community right now and that is part of the problem on both sides of the issue.

 

That is what I am saying though. MLK would have been there and violence wouldn't have happened because of his presence.

 

Maybe he could have brought peace. I seriously wonder though with the mindset of the looters and rioters. They may have just ignored him or worse, accused him of agreeing with "the man" simply because he wanted to do things peacefully.

 

We don't have the kind of leaders we need on either side of the issues.

Maybe he could have brought peace. I seriously wonder though with the mindset of the looters and rioters. They may have just ignored him or worse, accused him of agreeing with "the man" simply because he wanted to do things peacefully.

 

We don't have the kind of leaders we need on either side of the issues.

 

Maybe. Even back in the 1960s there were still plenty of people with the mindset of looters and rioters. While there were still some riots during this time I'd say as time went on and his message began to be received on a broader scale things slowly improved. MLK had the type of image that his message was accepted by most people. When he and Malcolm X met and began to join forces that helped bridge the gap between all blacks. I can only imagine the good they both would have been able to accomplish together had they both not been assassinated. The world would be a much much better place and socially we would be much further along than where we are now with Martin and Malcolm leading the way.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.