Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Multiple Officers Shot During Protest in Texas

Featured Replies

Oh. Gotcha. See I believe if he was there then there wouldn't have burning and looting because the protests would have been led by a true leader with the ability to have all of the protestors to remain peaceful. MLK would have been able to deliver a message powerful and clear enough that even the crazy, hate filled violent people wouldn't have acted on. We don't have that kind of leader in the black community right now and that is part of the problem on both sides of the issue.

 

That is what I am saying though. MLK would have been there and violence wouldn't have happened because of his presence.

 

PP92, just had a discussion with a friend of mine regarding this issue. Why do you think that there doesn't seem to be black leaders who have been able to build the following of many Americans the way Dr. King did ?

  • Replies 557
  • Views 43k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
PP92, just had a discussion with a friend of mine regarding this issue. Why do you think that there doesn't seem to be black leaders who have been able to build the following of many Americans the way Dr. King did ?

 

I'd say part of it is because he was a one of a kind human being. The other part is timing. He came through at a time perfect for someone like him. Nowadays someone just like him saying the exact same things would be crucified in the media and by detractors/haters. Modern technology allows people to find out foolish things you did and said years and decades ago to ruin your credibility. It took the FBI to try and ruin MLK's credibility and once it was found they couldn't ruin his name then MLK was eliminated.

You have to like that guy. Unbelievable composure during amazing high stress.

 

Curious what he does with the rest of his life from here.

 

Consider the tragedies he has been through I have to imagine he is one of the mentally strongest human beings we will see.

I'd say part of it is because he was a one of a kind human being. The other part is timing. He came through at a time perfect for someone like him. Nowadays someone just like him saying the exact same things would be crucified in the media and by detractors/haters. Modern technology allows people to find out foolish things you did and said years and decades ago to ruin your credibility. It took the FBI to try and ruin MLK's credibility and once it was found they couldn't ruin his name then MLK was eliminated.

 

Do you think that he would be accepted and supported by black people the way he was years ago?

I read today that they are having a morale and retention issue. The last two cadet classes were cancelled and they have lost 94 officers since October.

 

As in a Dallas police department problem or in general? Because I can see a lot of departments having a low morale problem and hiring police officers will only become harder.

Do you think that he would be accepted and supported by black people the way he was years ago?

 

Yes. Mainly because he created his name a before we were born and I can't think of any black people I know that spoke badly of him or Malcolm X. Their legacies were cemented enough by the time I was kid that my generation would respect them on principle.

As in a Dallas police department problem or in general? Because I can see a lot of departments having a low morale problem and hiring police officers will only become harder.

 

DPD.

Maybe. Even back in the 1960s there were still plenty of people with the mindset of looters and rioters. While there were still some riots during this time I'd say as time went on and his message began to be received on a broader scale things slowly improved. MLK had the type of image that his message was accepted by most people. When he and Malcolm X met and began to join forces that helped bridge the gap between all blacks. I can only imagine the good they both would have been able to accomplish together had they both not been assassinated. The world would be a much much better place and socially we would be much further along than where we are now with Martin and Malcolm leading the way.

 

I would hope things would be better.

 

The ones that are looting and rioting don't seem interested in anything other than that.

I would hope things would be better.

 

The ones that are looting and rioting don't seem interested in anything other than that.

 

True. I don't feel like they respect the BLM leadership telling them not to riot and loot. Plus there will always been some idiots using a tragedy for personal gain.

I'd say part of it is because he was a one of a kind human being. The other part is timing. He came through at a time perfect for someone like him. Nowadays someone just like him saying the exact same things would be crucified in the media and by detractors/haters. Modern technology allows people to find out foolish things you did and said years and decades ago to ruin your credibility. It took the FBI to try and ruin MLK's credibility and once it was found they couldn't ruin his name then MLK was eliminated.

PP92----

I think this post is the second time that you have implied, if not said, that MLK was taken out by the government. With all due respect, I do not recall any such implications in this respect surfacing in the mainstream media then or later. It could be that I missed such allegations in this area. I know that many think that JFK's assassin, Lee Harvey Oswald, was, if you will, an agent for the USSR or the Mafia but I have never heard that MLK's assassin was anything but a lone wolf and certainly not an agent of the US government. Can you pleae tell us how you have come to this opinion? Thank you.

Not at all, the only bad thing about this robot blowing the man up is that I imagine the robot lost it's life in the process.

 

I read that the bomb was on some type of extended arm of the robot or something like that. So the robot wasn't destroyed.

Do you think that he would be accepted and supported by black people the way he was years ago?

 

If memory serves he was derided by the Nation of Islam and the Black Panthers.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.