Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Multiple Officers Shot During Protest in Texas

Featured Replies

I have a great question for purple pride.

 

Fire away. I'm headed out to play golf with my brother-in-law in 20 minutes. :D

  • Replies 557
  • Views 43k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Why is it up to Obama to be the uniter of race relations? When you look at the entire history of the United States between black and white people it doesn't make sense for Obama to be the one who is supposed to be the unifier. At the end of the day he is still a black dude and the only POTUS who has ever seemingly sided with black people on social issues such as these that the media loves to highlight. And maybe it's just me but I just don't understand this whole narrative of Obama having to be some sort of racial relations savior and that he is a great divider. When he says what most blacks people are thinking and is labeled a divider then why should I believe racial relations will get any better? When black people speak their minds whites people get mad. That ain't a recipe for a campfire round of Kumbayah.

 

I think one of the roles of any president is to unite the people. It isn't siding with black people when they're wronged. It's jumping to conclusions before the facts are in. He's guilty as sin on that. I've seen black people that disagree with the president and the way he handles these situations. I never said his is supposed to be a racial relations savior. How about a little consistency? That seems to be beyond him.

But if I was in Obama's shoes I would be saying and doing the exact same things as he is doing so that rules me out as a uniter.

 

I doubt you'd rush to judgement like he does.

Why do we care if Obama says if it is a hate crime or not if he's dead? Are we going to revive him and then take him to court?

 

That isn't the point. It's about the message. His message is he's inconsistent when race is involved.

It doesn't mean that mental instability or PTSD wasn't at the root of the problem.

 

If he speaks out early, he is criticized. If he doesn't, he is criticized. If he doesn't say specific words, he is criticized. It's just so tiring to me.

 

You should be tired of him only saying what fits his agenda.

I doubt you'd rush to judgement like he does.

 

If I was in his shoes and had microphones in front of my face I don't think I'd say anything much different that he has said. Again though, in my perspective he hasn't said anything out of the way.

You should be tired of him only saying what fits his agenda.

 

Why is Obama the only person held to the coals when it comes to speaking to what fits agendas?

That isn't the point. It's about the message. His message is he's inconsistent when race is involved.

 

I disagree. Each case is unique and brings up different talking points.

Fire away. I'm headed out to play golf with my brother-in-law in 20 minutes. :D

 

Good luck, go for bogey golf.

 

I know you as do a lot more on here.

What sets you apart from the blacks that have been in trouble and shot like Michael Brown or the others.

 

I mean what makes you the different person than them?

You didn't rob a store and try to take a cops gun.

 

I guess I mean why are you who you are, what did you have they didn't or what did your family do that theirs didn't.

 

If more people were like you I don't see the problems we have today.

Why is it up to Obama to be the uniter of race relations? When you look at the entire history of the United States between black and white people it doesn't make sense for Obama to be the one who is supposed to be the unifier. At the end of the day he is still a black dude and the only POTUS who has ever seemingly sided with black people on social issues such as these that the media loves to highlight. And maybe it's just me but I just don't understand this whole narrative of Obama having to be some sort of racial relations savior and that he is a great divider. When he says what most black people are thinking and is labeled a divider why should I believe racial relations will get any better? When black people speak their minds whites people get mad. That ain't a recipe for a campfire round of Kumbayah.

 

First of all he needs to be a uniter because He is the leader of our country. Second of all is he biracial. Half black and half white? So he should be able to appeal to both sides (I know that's a bit of a stretch) And there was a president named Lncoln that made a pretty bold move that may not have been popular with a lot of folks but it made us a better country. Our current pres needs to grow a pair and become a strong leader and help unite us. What he needs to do or say, I'm not sure, but what he is dong is not working.

Good luck, go for bogey golf.

 

I know you as do a lot more on here.

What sets you apart from the blacks that have been in trouble and shot like Michael Brown or the others.

 

I mean what makes you the different person than them?

You didn't rob a store and try to take a cops gun.

 

I guess I mean why are you who you are, what did you have they didn't or what did your family do that theirs didn't.

 

If more people were like you I don't see the problems we have today.

 

I was raised in an entirely different environment than Mike Brown. My upbringing was entirely different than his and that has defined who I am as a person. My father instilled the importance of education, hard work and discipline and that has always stuck with me throughout my life. I was raised to respect everyone especially figures of authority. Truth be told I was more afraid of my dad than anyone else on this planet. :lol2:

 

I'd say upbringing and environment play the biggest roles and a possible common denominator in these situations.

First of all he needs to be a uniter because He is the leader of our country. Second of all is he biracial. Half black and half white? So he should be able to appeal to both sides (I know that's a bit of a stretch) And there was a president named Lncoln that made a pretty bold move that may not have been popular with a lot of folks but it made us a better country. Our current pres needs to grow a pair and become a strong leader and help unite us. What he needs to do or say, I'm not sure, but what he is dong is not working.

 

Tough standard for anyone to live up to.

First of all he needs to be a unifier because He is the leader of our country. Second of all is he biracial. Half black and half white? So he should be able to appeal to both sides (I know that's a bit of a stretch) And there was a president named Lncoln that made a pretty bold move that may not have been popular with a lot of folks but it made us a better country. Our current pres needs to grow a pair and become a strong leader and help unite us. What he needs to do or say, I'm not sure, but what he is dong is not working.

 

Like I said, it is impossible for a black man to be a unifier. Once he starts talking like Herman Cain or Dr. Carson he will lose the ears of black people and unifying then becomes a waste of time.

I disagree. Each case is unique and brings up different talking points.

 

But he's had the same talking point on white cops.

But he's had the same talking point on white cops.

 

And he gives the black perspective. When the Mike Brown incident happened he showed sympathy to the family and vowed a thorough investigation. The investigation cleared the cop even though people swore the Obama administration would charge him and they didn't even charge the cop. But yet we still want to have feelings about what he said before his DOJ investigated?

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.