Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Multiple Officers Shot During Protest in Texas

Featured Replies

At the end of the day the current black perspective on Obama being a divider is this:

 

 

Obama is a "divider" because he doesn't say what white people want him to say. Nevermind that for 300+ years white people in power have never said what black people want them to say but as soon as a black person rises in stature he better "say what he is supposed to" or he will be labeled a "troublemaker/divider". Hell, white people loved MLK and he was a great unifier according to most and he still was assassinated by the government. If people don't think MLK would be dropping speeches right now about police brutality then they have no clue at all who that man was.

  • Replies 557
  • Views 43k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm going to agree to disagree.

 

I still don't think this is the right thread to be discussing this stuff. 5 cops get murdered and police brutality is the topic.

And another thing. For the 100th time BLM doesn't advocate violence against the cops. That's deranged people filled with rage and hate that do that. The average person has no clue how many blacks people support BLM but if all the myths about BLM were true the race war would have started after Mike Brown. BLM has thousands of civilized problem in their ranks and like every organization there are a few nut jobs running around. Cops have them. Democrats have them. Republicans have them. Muslims have them. Whites have them. Blacks have them. We all have hate filled nut jobs on the loose. The trick is getting us all on the same page in unison and quit allowing the nut jobs to rule the day. For now the nut jobs are ruling the day and instead of everyone ostracizing the nut jobs we put up walls and unintentionally defend the nut jobs. That's why nothing will change in my lifetime. Good luck, kids. You're up next!!!!!

Tough way to go out the door on for Obama's legacy.

 

Not seeing this as a referendum on the President.

He gave the black perspective. You call it rushing to judgment. I call it black perspective. At the end of the day his DOJ cleared the officer and he and I both said "fine" and moved on.

 

So you are saying the "black perspective" is to automatically blame the police for murder when any black man is shot and killed?

At the end of the day the current black perspective on Obama being a divider is this:

 

 

Obama is a "divider" because he doesn't say what white people want him to say. Nevermind that for 300+ years white people in power have never said what black people want them to say but as soon as a black person rises in stature he better "say what he is supposed to" or he will be labeled a "troublemaker/divider". Hell, white people loved MLK and he was a great unifier according to most and he still was assassinated by the government. If people don't think MLK would be dropping speeches right now about police brutality then they have no clue at all who that man was.

 

I also feel fairly certain from studying MLK that he would not condone the "peaceful protests" we have seen in the last couple of years.

What is the solution? Everyone who points fingers, give us a solution along with your finger pointing complaint. Complaining without ideas and/or possible solutions is divisive. Instead of looking to blame someone, let's look to fix the problem.

 

I started to post a new thread for this question VOR.

 

I to was thinking of solutions for this, so here goes.

 

Black people are claiming racism when dealing with white police officers. Why not have black officers deal with black suspects when ever possible. Much like a female officer who is brought in to deal with female suspects.

 

I know all the negatives like, shortage of black officers, ect ect.

 

I honestly don't see how you can ever fix this without removing the white officer from the equation.

So you are saying the "black perspective" is to automatically blame the police for murder when any black man is shot and killed?

 

Automatically? Not at all BUT you'll have a very hard time convincing a majority of black people that when they see a video of an unarmed black dude getting manhandled by the police and subsequently ending up dead that it was justified. The mistrust between blacks/cops/government will continue on once the cops are cleared of any wrongdoing.

I also feel fairly certain from studying MLK that he would not condone the "peaceful protests" we have seen in the last couple of years.

 

He would be leading those peaceful protests......

He gave the black perspective. You call it rushing to judgment. I call it black perspective. At the end of the day his DOJ cleared the officer and he and I both said "fine" and moved on.

 

Come on, making a decision before the facts are in aren't a perspective of any color. It's, well, acting stupidly as he once said. Oddly, he can't see it in himself.

Come on, making a decision before the facts are in aren't a perspective of any color. It's, well, acting stupidly as he once said. Oddly, he can't see it in himself.

 

Please refresh my memory on what he said word for word at the time of the Mike Brown incident. I don't want paraphrasing or speculation. I want the exact words he used at the time of the Mike Brown incident when the only facts we had were "unarmed black man killed by the police".

 

Side note: I look forward to the upcoming presidential election when we can go back to not caring about black people. Much less frustrating that way. I bet we never have a black president again. Definitely not in my lifetime. It ain't worth the trouble.

Please refresh my memory on what he said word for word at the time of the Mike Brown incident. I don't want paraphrasing or speculation. I want the exact words he used at the time of the Mike Brown incident when the only facts we had were "unarmed black man killed by the police".

 

Side note: I look forward to the upcoming presidential election when we can go back to not caring about black people. Much less frustrating that way. I bet we never have a black president again. Definitely not in my lifetime. It ain't worth the trouble.

 

My issue with his comments were when he said it exposed the racial divide in the American justice system that “stains the heart of black children.”

 

And

 

“Too many young men of color feel targeted by law enforcement — guilty of walking while black or driving while black, judged by stereotypes that fuel fear and resentment and hopelessness.”

 

Nothing said about fighting the police, disrespecting the police, not complying with police orders.

 

As far as another black president goes, some day we will, but I sure hope it isn't one like Obama. I've said all along he has zero leadership qualities, I stand by that statement today.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.