South Laurel @ Mercer Co. Predictions

jrider111

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Mercer's offense is very effective at running the ball and they have plenty of speed to get to the outside. South has shown that they have issues with outside containment. South will score some points, but I think Mercer controls the line of scrimmage and wins this one. Holmes ran for 363 yards against South's defense on Friday. South has to take advantage of every opportunity in this one and cannot turn the ball over. Last year North Laurel had Mercer down 20-8, but the Mercer line wore down the Jags line and the 4th quarter was all Mercer. The same could happen this year. I hope I am wrong, but I have to pick Mercer in this one.

Mercer 38

S Laurel 28

So far (through 3 scrimmages and the first regular season game) the Titans defense has not allowed any team to score. The linebackers of Rashad Buster, Andre Brooks, Nick Reed, and Chris Lewis are sticking people left and right. They are not afraid to hit you! The corners of Aaron Bee and Daryl Smith and the safety's of Blake Arnold and Freeman Edwards are knocking balls down everywhere. The defensive linemen (not sure of all of their names) are knocking heads too! This defense will be tested this coming this weekend against South Laruel. I hope they keep up the good work.

Mercer Titans 44

South Laurel 6

You are right again... Thank you! I just hope i get my old seats back!!!

Why is Mercer playing at AJ Field? Locker rooms are very small, restrooms are even smaller, parking will be an issue, and getting the field ready for just one varsity game, seems like a waste. Any ideas on this?

Why is Mercer playing at AJ Field? Locker rooms are very small, restrooms are even smaller, parking will be an issue, and getting the field ready for just one varsity game, seems like a waste. Any ideas on this?

I believe it is being played at the AJ Field because Alvis Johnson is the "Honoree" for the evening. He is being recognized for everything he did for Harrodsburg sports (one last time). He is also doing the coin flip. I think that is why they are playing there.

So far (through 3 scrimmages and the first regular season game) the Titans defense has not allowed any team to score. The linebackers of Rashad Buster, Andre Brooks, Nick Reed, and Chris Lewis are sticking people left and right. They are not afraid to hit you! The corners of Aaron Bee and Daryl Smith and the safety's of Blake Arnold and Freeman Edwards are knocking balls down everywhere. The defensive linemen (not sure of all of their names) are knocking heads too! This defense will be tested this coming this weekend against South Laruel. I hope they keep up the good work.

Mercer Titans 44

South Laurel 6

South scores 6 points and that is supposed to be a 'test'? South's offense is going to score. I just don't think that their defense can stand up to what I believe they will see in Mercer's line play and they MUST learn how to keep outside containment wither the Titan's speed in the backfield from numerous players. If they don't, their offense will have to score a ton of points just to stay in this one. I think this game will be closer than this.