South Laurel @ Mercer Co. Predictions

jrider111

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

South Laurel dominated the game last year against Harrodsburg and won very easily with a running clock in the 2nd half.I look for South to win thir 4 A district again and I look for this to be a very close game. South Laurels passing game is as good as any team in the state and I look for them to score alot of points. Mercer won't face a better offense all year.

SL actually finished 2nd in their district in 2005. You are right about their passing game, ... they can score a lot of points in a hurry.

All Mercer County and South Laurel fans need to go to http://www.wtvq.com and click on "Girdiron Blitz" at the top of the web page and vote for the game to be televised on their tv station this weekend (channel 36). The votes are real close right now between the Mercer/South Laurel game and the Frankfort/Western Hills game. All you Titan and South Laurel fans go on-line and start voting for our game to be the "Game of the Week".

All Mercer County and South Laurel fans need to go to http://www.wtvq.com and click on "Girdiron Blitz" at the top of the web page and vote for the game to be televised on their tv station this weekend (channel 36). The votes are real close right now between the Mercer/South Laurel game and the Frankfort/Western Hills game. All you Titan and South Laurel fans go on-line and start voting for our game to be the "Game of the Week".

Frankfort Fans do the same.

I say South fairly easily. 4A vs. 2A (3A).......35-14

That means nothing you are playing a school that just combined another school with it. Dressing 90+- kids. South will not be able to play with them.

You take a team that has about 6 very good athletes which is the norm. Then take another that has 6 or more very good athletes you have a great football team with a lot of depth. Class means nothing here.

21 20 SOUTH

Yeah, I think this will be a competitve game. SL has to have a great game defensively. But so does Mercer. If Mercer blocks well it will be a long day for SL cause I believe they will be surprised at how fast those backs from Harrodsburg really are. That could play a big role here. SL drubbed Harrdsburg last season 51-6 forcing a running clock in the second half. The Harrodsburg kids were embarrassed. One thing I know is that they are using that for serious motivation. And this team is tight. The original Mercer kids will use it as motivation too. SL will be surprised by how physical the Mercer D is. So they better be ready to get physical. Those linebackers will hit you in the mouth. And they have plenty of them. I still say Mercer 38 South Laurel 21.

Yeah, I think this will be a competitve game. SL has to have a great game defensively. But so does Mercer. If Mercer blocks well it will be a long day for SL cause I believe they will be surprised at how fast those backs from Harrodsburg really are. That could play a big role here. SL drubbed Harrdsburg last season 51-6 forcing a running clock in the second half. The Harrodsburg kids were embarrassed. One thing I know is that they are using that for serious motivation. And this team is tight. The original Mercer kids will use it as motivation too. SL will be surprised by how physical the Mercer D is. So they better be ready to get physical. Those linebackers will hit you in the mouth. And they have plenty of them. I still say Mercer 38 South Laurel 21.

You got that right- Mercer's linebackers will definitely hit you hard and you will know it after it happens - Chris Lewis, Andre Brooks, Nick Reed and Rashad Buster. They are definitely hard hitting linebackers!!!!!!:fight:

Mercer Co. needs more votes>>>