Warren Central 28 Franklin-Simpson 0

DragonFire

Game was called at the half due to lightning and rain.

Central had a tough first two series, but from there on out dominated the game completely. Ayers had two TD passes and ran for another one. The defense was pretty stout as well, allowing very little to a Franklin team that had difficulty with a sophomore QB. Franklin will have a lot of growing pains this year with a very young team.

I think FS had one returning starter on offense on the field tonight. Not much different on defense.

It showed. This is a team that works hard and has some talent. Experience will be their best teacher and they took a hard lesson tonight.

It takes a game or two for first time starters to realize the level your performance has to reach at this level.

I expect a huge improvement in their performance next Saturday.

Ayers was really a no doubter. Rhodes had one sack (I think?), and tagged the QB a few times.I must say that I was disappointed the game was called if for nothing else than the fact that Central will now enter a tough game with Paducah without a real full game under their wings. We'll have to wait till next week to see how their conditioning really is.

Ayers was really a no doubter. Rhodes had one sack (I think?), and tagged the QB a few times.I must say that I was disappointed the game was called if for nothing else than the fact that Central will now enter a tough game with Paducah without a real full game under their wings. We'll have to wait till next week to see how their conditioning really is.

I doubt the second half would have done much good for either team...there was going to be a loooong delay.

Conditioning is not a problem for Central and I don't think that particular issue is a problem for FS. Blocking, Tackling, Execution...now there may be something to work on.