Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Reds @ Indians (5/16 - 5/17)

Featured Replies

No idea, but I kind of like it.

 

I do do. Wish the Reds and all Eastern time Zone teams would do this. See a game and home at 10. As is now, close to mid getting home when you have hour drive. Think it would be better for everyone, at least during the week. Keep the 7:10 for Friday and Saturday nights only

  • Replies 42
  • Views 4.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Would make it a helluva lot harder for people to get to the game's by first pitch though...7:10 is already difficult enough for a lot of working families during the week.

The 6:10 start is a new scheduling strategy being tried out by the Indians and I think a couple other teams as well. They are doing this for April and May games and then in the summer pushing the time back to the 710 start. Kids still in school is part of it.

The 6:10 start is a new scheduling strategy being tried out by the Indians and I think a couple other teams as well. They are doing this for April and May games and then in the summer pushing the time back to the 710 start. Kids still in school is part of it.

 

There's tons and tons of kids at games during the week in April and May,as well as all summer. I got out of a game last week(Pirates) at 10:15 and Disney on Ice was letting out next door at Bank Arena. Times mean nothing to parents and kids during the week, school or otherwise

They mentioned something on the TV broadcast yesterday about how since there isn't a residential area in downtown Cleveland, they are trying the games at 6:10 to get more people to come straight from work.

[/b]

 

There's tons and tons of kids at games during the week in April and May,as well as all summer. I got out of a game last week(Pirates) at 10:15 and Disney on Ice was letting out next door at Bank Arena. Times mean nothing to parents and kids during the week, school or otherwise

 

The attendance numbers every year at GABP for weekday evening games before school gets out and goes back in versus the middle of the summer would say other wise every single year.

 

Attendance at GABP is very much affected by school being in during April, May, some of August, and September.

 

Moving the games up to 6:10, would make attendance even worse, I'd think, as @UKMustangFan stated.

OK, twice now I think the Reds catchers aren't paying attention. There now have been two plays at the plate, one just now and one last night where it was questionable that the runner touched home plate. I did not see either home plate ump give a safe sign. We were always taught if the ump did not give a safe sign or yelled safe you tagged the runner again. The Indians runner last night even went back and touched home once he saw Cabrera walk away from the plate. Just now Barnhardt did kind of the same thing. I watched the ump and no safe sign was given on the play at the plate.

 

And just like that, Simon has given up 4 runs and no one warming up in bullpen for Redlegs. Could be another LONG night.

WHY the hell does Hamilton NOT know how to bunt well?

^^^^ As you folks can tell I'm getting frustrated watching this game. Time to flip over to Andy Griffith.

Pasta ain't fooling nobody right now.

 

He sure isn't, I think I could hit him tonight.

Pasta ain't fooling nobody right now.

 

He looked disinterested. He needs to be released and Stevenson brought up, immediately.

And now it is 10-0 and they just walked in two straight runs. Big Pasta charged with 10 earned.

Correction, three straight runs. Delabar has walked four of the five batters he has faced.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.