Richard Pitino and Minn, not looking good for him.

jericho

A few excerpts.

Richard Pitino, who has never led the Gophers to the NCAA tournament and finished with a combined Big Ten record of 16-38 after his third season, overspent on private jet travel during his first three years with the program, Pitino has exceeded his allotted budget for private jet travel by $175,000.

The authors of the audit have advised school officials to recoup the $175,000 from Pitino, who occasionally hopped onto a private jet because he didn’t feel like making a three-hour drive:

Richard Pitino won't fill up gas tanks and it's costing Minnesota - Men's College Basketball Blog- ESPN

Pitino isn't the problem. It was the athletic director they had who resigned back in August. He authorized all sorts of insane spending. Interestingly, it was sexual harassment allegation that forced his resignation and not the insane spending.

To my mind, Pitino had permission from his boss to do all this stuff and if I were him, I wouldn't hand over that $175k willingly.

Pitino isn't the problem. It was the athletic director they had who resigned back in August. He authorized all sorts of insane spending. Interestingly, it was sexual harassment allegation that forced his resignation and not the insane spending.

To my mind, Pitino had permission from his boss to do all this stuff and if I were him, I wouldn't hand over that $175k willingly.

That's exactly what they said on KSR the other day. Richard doesn't spend $175k if the AD doesn't first approve, so the fault is with the AD.

Not sure really good players want to play for Richard - to me that's the problem the UM athletic department should be focused on solving.

Who wants to go to Minnesota? The only time they've ever been good, the only selling point was that someone in the athletics office would do all their schoolwork for them.

He's still really unproven. The only way to get good players in at this point would be to start improving. If you can win, you'll get some more players.