Which Gym do you prefer, NKY Area

plantmanky

NKU Rec Center.....Much more than a Gym. They have everything! Very nice.

Had the NKU Rec Center for years, never open when I could go, waste of money, plus they are very unorganized with how they do things. Cant count how many times they cleaned out my locker, when I paid for a locker for the whole year with my dues.

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

How's the pricing? We're dropping our Silverlake membership after simply paying too much for the little use we get out of it...

If you are an alumni, for just one person, its $351.00 per year. Goes up every year. Roughly $29.25 a month.

Town and Country. 68/month for a family. Boys practice there quite a bit so I can workout during those, or before an Indoor game. Outside of January and February, it is hardly ever too crowded. They expanded the free weight area so there is much more room there.

All-American Athletic Training Center in Erlanger is the bomb.

Flexband is the main equipment. They also have free weights and do weight training.

The owner is a class act. Lots of high school athletes train there for strength, speed, and agility. Dan can tailor the workout to you. I also, see lots of us older folks there just trying to stay in cardiovascular shape and tone and strengthen up a bit. The training is primarily directed training. I see some who go in there to train in power lifting who work on their own with some attention from the owner. Pricing is very reasonable. You pay one price and you can go as often as you want.

My teenage sons benefited greatly from the workout. They entered their sport's season in the best shape they had ever been.

I highly recommend it for the young athlete and for anyone who wants to stay in shape and improve health. Another plus, it's not a meat factory.

All-American Athletic Training Center in Erlanger is the bomb.

Flexband is the main equipment. They also have free weights and do weight training.

The owner is a class act. Lots of high school athletes train there for strength, speed, and agility. Dan can tailor the workout to you. I also, see lots of us older folks there just trying to stay in cardiovascular shape and tone and strengthen up a bit. The training is primarily directed training. I see some who go in there to train in power lifting who work on their own with some attention from the owner. Pricing is very reasonable. You pay one price and you can go as often as you want.

My teenage sons benefited greatly from the workout. They entered their sport's season in the best shape they had ever been.

I highly recommend it for the young athlete and for anyone who wants to stay in shape and improve health. Another plus, it's not a meat factory.

Dan and I used to work together, he is an awesome dude.

Big time Rugby player and I believe he played a year at Iowa.

They are still there? That place has been around for 30 years probably. I hope they expanded because it was the size of a shoe box way back when.

By no means is it anything special but it reminds me of the old HHS weight room. I like that its not crowded/no waiting for machines or weights and it has its own speakers so you can just turn on whatever you want and as loud as you want.:ylsuper:

Dan and I used to work together, he is an awesome dude.

Big time Rugby player and I believe he played a year at Iowa.

Dan has instant credibility when you walk in and see the shoulders on that guy. Kids will listen. And he is a top notch person besides.

I use NKU and really enjoy it. I signed up though when they were running an alumni special (roughly $18/month for a year). Only issue I have are the hours. It's tough to get there right now as my schedule is hectic. So that stinks but I'm also very active in my schedule right now so it's not too big of a downer.

Does Johnny Cain still work there? I know his brother used to own the place.

I'm not really sure who works there, they give you a key card when you sign up and after sign up you never see any owners/workers. You just come and go as you please and no one is ever actually working there at least during the times I go after work.

I use NKU and really enjoy it. I signed up though when they were running an alumni special (roughly $18/month for a year). Only issue I have are the hours. It's tough to get there right now as my schedule is hectic. So that stinks but I'm also very active in my schedule right now so it's not too big of a downer.

Are they still charging the $50.00 alumni fee donation every year in addition to the Health Center fee?