Warren East at Monroe Co.

Fletch

I wouldn't call it "love" ... heck, the Monroe County posters think I hate their team, too. :lol:

If the Raiders show they can match up with Franklin-Simpson and/or Bowling Green, I'll give them some love. Until then, given their early-season schedule, I'm not sure we'll know they can.

I suspect the Raiders will battle Franklin-Simpson for second place in the district. I also wish they were playing a more challenging schedule.

East plays BG, Franklin Simpson and Somerset; all three of which are top notch opponents. Monroe is hardly a pushover. Todd and M. North, I must admit are hardly barn burners, but I think anyone in the know, knows why Todd Co. is on East's schedule. The rest of their schedule is district, which they have no control over.

The Monroe game will tell a lot about East. I agree with you, until they can even manage a score in the first half against their stiff competition, they can hardly be called contenders.

Their schedule next year, which will be made by the new staff, will be significantly more challenging.

In 2004 East played Edmonson Co., Warren Central, Greenwood, and Barren County out of district. They lost to the three AAAA schools.

In '05 and '06 they swapped the above teams for Monroe County, Todd County Central, Somerset, and Muhlenberg North. Playing these four gives East a better chance at having some success and building some confidence. Mission accomplished. They won three of the four last year. Put those with district wins over Breckenridge County, Allen County, Logan County and Adair County and you have a seven win season and a springboard to 2006 and a #2 ranking in District Two and talk of pulling the big upset over BG.

There is some excitement surrounding the football program at Warren East for the first time in a looooong time.

I’m not sure what to expect from this Monroe team as of now. I do know that we are very young at several positions, such as LB where its highly possible we will start 4 sophomores, and that’s only one of many positions that will be filled by sophomores (HB, TE and WR to name a few). Don’t get me wrong I more than realize that our sophomores are exceptional athletes that as a team haven’t lost a game, but I also realize that experience plays a huge role in teams early season success. Hopefully the Falcons will get something going early and build confidence if they can do that I see no reason they can’t beat the Raiders…