Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Warren East at Monroe Co.

Featured Replies

The bgp preview says these teams are up and comers. Looks like a good opening test for both teams.

Warren East beat Monroe County last year and has most of their team back. The Raiders by a touchdown or two.

I wouldn't call it "love" ... heck, the Monroe County posters think I hate their team, too. :lol:

 

If the Raiders show they can match up with Franklin-Simpson and/or Bowling Green, I'll give them some love. Until then, given their early-season schedule, I'm not sure we'll know they can.

I agree with you. But I don't think this is gonna be your typical Warren East team this year or for the next few years. They have some talent and what appears to be some coaching stability for the first time in quite a while.

I suspect the Raiders will battle Franklin-Simpson for second place in the district. I also wish they were playing a more challenging schedule.

I suspect the Raiders will battle Franklin-Simpson for second place in the district. I also wish they were playing a more challenging schedule.

 

East plays BG, Franklin Simpson and Somerset; all three of which are top notch opponents. Monroe is hardly a pushover. Todd and M. North, I must admit are hardly barn burners, but I think anyone in the know, knows why Todd Co. is on East's schedule. The rest of their schedule is district, which they have no control over.

 

The Monroe game will tell a lot about East. I agree with you, until they can even manage a score in the first half against their stiff competition, they can hardly be called contenders.

 

Their schedule next year, which will be made by the new staff, will be significantly more challenging.

Just curious ... why are Warren Central and Greenwood not on Warren East's schedule?

Very good chance East could run away with this one 2+ TD's. JMO.

Just curious ... why are Warren Central and Greenwood not on Warren East's schedule?

 

A sore topic in Warren Co. Look for both to be possibly added next year.

Warren East is this year's message board darling and is favored by many to unseat Franklin-Simpson at the #2 spot in AAA District two.

 

Monroe County should not present a problem.

A sore topic in Warren Co. Look for both to be possibly added next year.
I don't doubt that, but what is the reason?

In 2004 East played Edmonson Co., Warren Central, Greenwood, and Barren County out of district. They lost to the three AAAA schools.

 

In '05 and '06 they swapped the above teams for Monroe County, Todd County Central, Somerset, and Muhlenberg North. Playing these four gives East a better chance at having some success and building some confidence. Mission accomplished. They won three of the four last year. Put those with district wins over Breckenridge County, Allen County, Logan County and Adair County and you have a seven win season and a springboard to 2006 and a #2 ranking in District Two and talk of pulling the big upset over BG.

 

There is some excitement surrounding the football program at Warren East for the first time in a looooong time.

I’m not sure what to expect from this Monroe team as of now. I do know that we are very young at several positions, such as LB where its highly possible we will start 4 sophomores, and that’s only one of many positions that will be filled by sophomores (HB, TE and WR to name a few). Don’t get me wrong I more than realize that our sophomores are exceptional athletes that as a team haven’t lost a game, but I also realize that experience plays a huge role in teams early season success. Hopefully the Falcons will get something going early and build confidence if they can do that I see no reason they can’t beat the Raiders…

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.