Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Marcus Lee Has Entered the Draft

Featured Replies

Don't get me wrong, I love Marcus Lee but I just don't see it yet. He averaged 6.0 rebounds per game last season.

  • Replies 224
  • Views 28.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

With the level of talent Cal brings every player has a window. You flourish or you don't.

If Marcus was a professional wrestler, he would have no finishing move. Seems like a good kid, though.

 

See, I go the other way. He has ONLY a finishing move - the dunk. It's like Hogan with the big leg drop - it's almost literally the only thing he can do.

While he's not an elite NBA athlete, he is above average for a five man. Like I originally said, he does have that and offensive rebounding. I was asked what skills translate and those do. Like I said, I do not see him making it but he is an NBA caliber athlete.

 

But Marcus Lee wouldn't be a five man in the NBA? He lacks the size and strength. He would be a four and but he lacks the skill set to be a four.

He lacks everything for the NBA. At 6'9, he is a dime a dozen. He has no skills for the NBA. All he can do is dunk and who cant do that in the NBA. He has no shot outside, to soft inside, I dont think he is real smart either, makes dumb decisions and fouls out a lot. Wasnt even one of the top 6 players on the team this yr.

Athleticism. I think he could be a plus in the pick and roll as a lob specialist. I think he's a good offensive rebounder as well. In today's NBA, he could MAYBE have a role because of his athleticism. Not a lot of physically dominating big men. I don't think he makes it, but I do think he's better suited for the league than Orton was or even Dakari is.

 

I like Lee, but Dakari was so much better. Johnson is what was missing this year..a back to the basket scorer.

I like Lee, but Dakari was so much better. Johnson is what was missing this year..a back to the basket scorer.

Better NBA prospect though? Neither are likely to stick long.

Maybe he can play pro volleyball somewhere.

Should have left after his freshman year when the NBA scouts saw his talent and potential. That's what they draft on. He played himself out of the league by staying in school. Would have been a late first round draft choice after his Freshman year

Should have left after his freshman year when the NBA scouts saw his talent and potential. That's what they draft on. He played himself out of the league by staying in school. Would have been a late first round draft choice after his Freshman year

 

Based on one game?

Should have left after his freshman year when the NBA scouts saw his talent and potential. That's what they draft on. He played himself out of the league by staying in school. Would have been a late first round draft choice after his Freshman year

 

I disagree. I am not sure what talent and potential he showcased? He had a great game by his poor standards and some nice putback dunks (a couple that should have been called goal tending) against Michigan, a horrendous rebounding team. That is all he did his Freshman year.

True. I thought of that as well. But , the dunk aside, he can't finish anything else around the basket that began with a move of his own. I wonder if he has a leg drop?

I disagree. I am not sure what talent and potential he showcased? He had a great game by his poor standards and some nice putback dunks (a couple that should have been called goal tending) against Michigan, a horrendous rebounding team. That is all he did his Freshman year.

I agree that he didn't really show a lot. But NBA scouts see that athletic ability and say, "what could he be if he wasn't playing behind those other kids." They really don't know what he can or cant do just potential. That is what gets the NBA every time. They are so scared of losing the next Kobe Bryant and they will take a Marcus Lee over a senior. I don't see how NBA GM's keep their jobs. How many power forwards is the Sixers going to draft before they realize that's not the answer(Noel, Emblid, Okafor, Simmons?). They Have Skal in the top 10 Really. All Lee did was give them time to evaluate him and realize he cant play in NBA.

He needs to spit out a green mist like the Great Kabuki did. maybe then people will get out of his way for a easy layup.

  • Author

He did not make the cut to be invited to draft combine.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.