Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Marcus Lee Has Entered the Draft

Featured Replies

He better stay in draft, would get more minuets in D league than at UK

  • Replies 224
  • Views 28.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Apparently "87% sure he is going to the draft". Must have said to a reporter at the combine.

Marcus Lee told Kyle Tucker and other reporters at the NBA combine he is 87 percent sure he will remain in the draft.

 

I'm 96% sure he's about to make a big mistake.

Marcus Lee told Kyle Tucker and other reporters at the NBA combine he is 87 percent sure he will remain in the draft. I'm 96% sure he's about to make a big mistake.

 

You can make a lot of money in Europe or China playing basketball.

You can make a lot of money in Europe or China playing basketball.

 

Absolutely. If you're good enough to play there.

After watching a little of the combine 5 on 5, no way he gets drafted or even has a chance to make a roster.

Who in the hell is giving this kid advice? There's no way he thinks he's good enough for the NBA.

After watching a little of the combine 5 on 5, no way he gets drafted or even has a chance to make a roster.

I watched about 5 minutes of action with Lee on the court. He was the worst of the ten players on the court by far. Had a shot swatted about five feet backwards and had an entry pass intercepted.

There's no way he thinks he's good enough for the NBA.
In an honest moment I am sure Lee agrees with you. Just like some "normal" students leave college or transfer schools, I think Marcus is simply done with the UK experience. No shame in that, I guess??? I don't believe him coming back for another season will alter his draft stock, or lack-there-of.

Edited by bugatti

He's absolutely making a mistake but we've all made mistakes before I guess. I hope someone can talk to him and he listens

If he stays and another recruit comes, something would have to be done.

I watched about 5 minutes of action with Lee on the court. He was the worst of the ten players on the court by far. Had a shot swatted about five feet backwards and had an entry pass intercepted.

That pass was horrible!

@DraftExpress: Bottom 5 in PER at yesterday's #NBACombine (starting with lowest): Daniel Hamilton, Isaiah Cousins, Marcus Lee, Malik Newman, Melo Trimble

Per an interview with Kyle Tucker at the CJ, Lee says he is fine with playing in the D League if he isn't drafted. He says there are a couple of teams that are considering him in the 2nd round, but if he has to play in the D League he is okay with that. Essentially what he is saying, is that he is not returning.

 

Part of me hates that and thinks that its a bad decision, but the selfish side of me looks at it as open invitation for Bolden. On the other hand, I agree with what some other members have said in that I'm not sure his draft stock would change any even if he did spend another year in college. Basically he is what he is, a solid basketball player but not one that would ever have a great career in the NBA.

 

I have a lot of respect for the kid for graduating early (I didn't know that until it was mentioned in this thread) and the volunteer work he has done with the community. I hope he makes it in the NBA but even if he doesn't he will have plenty of other options in life and seems to have a good head on his shoulders. Fare Thee Well Mr. Lee

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.