May 15, 201610 yr There is a very good chance he won't get any time on the court, playing in the D-League.
May 15, 201610 yr This thread is hysterical. The kid is done with college. It's not like his stock will go up with one more year at UK. Some players prefer to continue development while getting paid. He will get paid to play next year just not in the NBA. There is nothing wrong with that.
May 15, 201610 yr @Chadfordinsider: The All-Go-Back-To-School Team: Melo Trimble, Nigel Hayes, Caleb Swanigan, Marcus Lee, Dedric Lawson, Troy Williams, Justin Jackson
May 15, 201610 yr @NEXTCats: Marcus Lee "ranked statistically as the worst performer at the NBA Combine ..." https://twitter.com/DraftExpress/status/73186974
May 16, 201610 yr Seems everyone can see the correct choice except the one who will be making it Do you think his stock would improve if he stayed for another year? It's an honest question, not a dig at you or your opinion. I'll go ahead and answer on my end, I don't think it would improve much at all, if anything it may decline more than it improves.
May 16, 201610 yr He may not be ready but it is decision. If he is happy with the D league or overseas then go for it.
May 16, 201610 yr Do you think his stock would improve if he stayed for another year? It's an honest question, not a dig at you or your opinion. I'll go ahead and answer on my end, I don't think it would improve much at all, if anything it may decline more than it improves. Does it matter? He's a college basketball player. He should enjoy college basketball while he can. It's much more fun than corporate America...aka the real world
May 16, 201610 yr Does it matter? He's a college basketball player. He should enjoy college basketball while he can. It's much more fun than corporate America...aka the real world I imagine it would matter to most people, I imagine he has been there long enough to have had plenty of fun. If you already have your degree lined up and your draft stock will not improve, why not go ahead and start making some money? Personally I like making money, it's the most fun I have these days hah.
May 16, 201610 yr He's isn't going to make a ton of money playing basketball. I wish him the best but he just isn't ready at all.
May 16, 201610 yr He's isn't going to make a ton of money playing basketball. I wish him the best but he just isn't ready at all. I agree with that. But IMO he's not going to make any more money if he spends another year in school either.
May 16, 201610 yr I agree with that. But IMO he's not going to make any more money if he spends another year in school either. This is 100% correct. There is no benefit to be gained from coming back. I get why people, as Kentucky fans, want him to come back, but it serves no benefit to the kid.
May 16, 201610 yr The only argument one could make is that the value or cost of an education for a season at KY exceeds that of a D-League player. He at least has graduated though. I don't think Lee is good enough to play in the D-League.
May 16, 201610 yr This is 100% correct. There is no benefit to be gained from coming back. I get why people, as Kentucky fans, want him to come back, but it serves no benefit to the kid. This is absolutely false. His college degree and FREE tuition for the year are more valuable than the $25,000 he will make playing basketball. He could make $25,000 working as a garbage man.
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.