Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Marcus Lee Has Entered the Draft

Featured Replies

The only argument one could make is that the value or cost of an education for a season at KY exceeds that of a D-League player. He at least has graduated though.

 

I don't think Lee is good enough to play in the D-League.

 

He was NOT on the list of UK athletes who graduated. He still has classes to go.

  • Replies 224
  • Views 28.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
This is absolutely false. His college degree and FREE tuition for the year are more valuable than the $25,000 he will make playing basketball. He could make $25,000 working as a garbage man.

 

He's supposed to graduate in the summer. He gains nothing by sticking around and playing for free.

He's supposed to graduate in the summer. He gains nothing by sticking around and playing for free.

 

He can't shoot, dribble, play defense, shoot free throws, bang in the post and was the worst player at the combine. I don't see it but hopefully he will be an NBA All Star.

He can't shoot, dribble, play defense, shoot free throws, bang in the post and was the worst player at the combine. I don't see it but hopefully he will be an NBA All Star.

 

Correct. Again, nothing changes with another year at Kentucky. Why sit through another season for free when you can play somewhere for $$?

Correct. Again, nothing changes with another year at Kentucky. Why sit through another season for free when you can play somewhere for $$?

 

I wish him the best. He would've made more on the autograph tour than he will in the D League

I wish him the best. He would've made more on the autograph tour than he will in the D League

 

There are other more lucrative opportunities than the D League, and once he makes his decision final, he'll cash in on the autograph tour as well...

There are other more lucrative opportunities than the D League, and once he makes his decision final, he'll cash in on the autograph tour as well...

 

I'm sorry but he's not ready for those leagues either. You're way over valuing his ability.

I'm sorry but he's not ready for those leagues either. You're way over valuing his ability.

 

We'll see. I guess the difference in our opinions is that even if he never plays a second of professional basketball I don't think he's making a mistake. Regardless of how his career turns out, you do.

I'm also speaking as someone who quit college basketball early and have regretted it the rest of my life. I hate to see kids make the same mistake. Obviously I didn't leave money on the table though so maybe Marcus will make bank.

I agree with that. But IMO he's not going to make any more money if he spends another year in school either.

And probably playing much less minutes than he played the past season.

If he is completing his degree I have no problem with him going. He's obviously not interested in riding the bench all year. Go try and get paid. He's going to end up in Europe if he wants making a pretty nice living. Not something worth getting worked up over. He stinks.

I suppose we'll know for sure in the morning if Lee's status has any effect on Bolden's decision. According to someone on rafters he's announcing his school choice at 9:30 tomorrow at his school and signing the papers at that time.

  • Author
@Chadfordinsider: The All-Go-Back-To-School Team: Melo Trimble, Nigel Hayes, Caleb Swanigan, Marcus Lee, Dedric Lawson, Troy Williams, Justin Jackson

 

 

Justin Jackson is returning to UNC.

@AdamZagoria

Marcus Lee is cancelling his team workouts, source told @SNYtv

@AdamZagoria

Marcus Lee is cancelling his team workouts, source told @SNYtv

 

Buddy just text me that news and was very bummed lol.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.