March 30, 201610 yr I'm no genius but I would assume the plate is a bad place to stand in a pitching machine cage.
March 30, 201610 yr Tough week in the Carr household, I'd assume...Isn't his daughter on this team? She's not on the roster listed on the KHSAA site
March 30, 201610 yr The biggest question in this situation is the intent. Did the coach feed the ball through the machine with the intent to hit the player? In this day and age, you simply cannot do this.
March 31, 201610 yr Author Tough week in the Carr household, I'd assume...Isn't his daughter on this team? She's not on the roster listed on the KHSAA site I think @lawildcat might be thinking of Conner head boys basketball coach, Jim Hicks, his daughter Jenna is on the Conner softball team.
March 31, 201610 yr If my son/daughter has a bad attitude. I would hope the coach would walk up to him and crack him one up side the head. I'll sign any waiver 10 times if that's the case. Parents too. If I am a jerk in the stands, I'd give the coach permission to come up an bust me one too. I wish my kids grew up when I was a kid. I'll agree on that , please forward me that waiver ! We've would have got hit by the ball for not paying attention and taking away TEAM Practice ! Then made to run the rest of practice for not paying attention and if you didn't like it. Tuff .... , next player up!
March 31, 201610 yr My daughter played for Conner. Had two conferences with the athletics director about bullying and favoritism. Nothing was done so we changed schools. It's blatant and this coach is known by coaches all over the area for being a problem. Ask the Cooper coach. Ask coaches from Villa and St.Henry's. She's notorious and not in a good way. For the record, "Guest" is not posting comments from anyone in the Roark family. We did make an extremely difficult decision to transfer from Conner to St. Henry three years ago for many reasons, and to my knowledge, we are the only softball family to transfer in the past eight years or so. "Guest" appears to try to give the impression that we are this poster and so now our children are being asked questions & being drug back into memories that we truly have moved on from and put into the past. Also for the record, our daughters were both released to play softball immediately upon arrival at SHDHS by KHSAA. I believe this is because the facts presented in our case were substantial and because the last sentence of our petition letter stated that 'We are far more interested in raising our daughters to be the best young women that they can become, rather than the best young softball players that they can be, regardless of your decision.' Also for the record, we do not behold a grudge against anyone at Conner, but rather we are thankful for the part that each person played in our daughters' transfer to a National Blue Ribbon School where they say the Pledge of Allegiance and pray in school every day. Thanks to our challenging experience at Conner, our daughters received the gift of a better education, better social environment, more friends, more discipline, true team mates, caring families, respected leadership, and a stronger faith that God has a plan for their life. If you're tired of the public school drama, I highly recommend considering a private school like NCC, Notre Dame, or SHDHS. They all have wonderful educational scores, advanced technology, and talented softball organizations. (And this is from the Mom of the Methodist kid who thought that a picture of the Pope was Buddha on our first visit to SHDHS.) We bid you all peace and ask that our name please not be included in discussion of this unfortunate event. Thank you
March 31, 201610 yr For the record, "Guest" is not posting comments from anyone in the Roark family. We did make an extremely difficult decision to transfer from Conner to St. Henry three years ago for many reasons, and to my knowledge, we are the only softball family to transfer in the past eight years or so. "Guest" appears to try to give the impression that we are this poster and so now our children are being asked questions & being drug back into memories that we truly have moved on from and put into the past. Also for the record, our daughters were both released to play softball immediately upon arrival at SHDHS by KHSAA. I believe this is because the facts presented in our case were substantial and because the last sentence of our petition letter stated that 'We are far more interested in raising our daughters to be the best young women that they can become, rather than the best young softball players that they can be, regardless of your decision.' Also for the record, we do not behold a grudge against anyone at Conner, but rather we are thankful for the part that each person played in our daughters' transfer to a National Blue Ribbon School where they say the Pledge of Allegiance and pray in school every day. Thanks to our challenging experience at Conner, our daughters received the gift of a better education, better social environment, more friends, more discipline, true team mates, caring families, respected leadership, and a stronger faith that God has a plan for their life. If you're tired of the public school drama, I highly recommend considering a private school like NCC, Notre Dame, or SHDHS. They all have wonderful educational scores, advanced technology, and talented softball organizations. (And this is from the Mom of the Methodist kid who thought that a picture of the Pope was Buddha on our first visit to SHDHS.) We bid you all peace and ask that our name please not be included in discussion of this unfortunate event. Thank you Welcome to Bluegrass Preps! I am glad to hear your daughters are having a nice high school career.
March 31, 201610 yr I absolutely am not representing or posting for the Roark family. My name is Holly Ramnes and the only reason I used Guest as a user name was to avoid causing problems for my daughter. After speaking with her and getting her blessing to come forth with our story I am giving my name. I apologize to the Roark family for causing problems for you. I am open to speaking about my experience at Conner for the sole purpose of saving future players the damage that this program inflicted on my child. Again I apologize to the Roark family and I in no way intended to insinuate that I am connected to you as I've never even met you. I wish you will. Any further questions or criticism should be directed toward me rather than the Roark family.
March 31, 201610 yr For the record' date=' "Guest" is not posting comments from anyone in the Roark family. We did make an extremely difficult decision to transfer from Conner to St. Henry three years ago for many reasons, and to my knowledge, we are the only softball family to transfer in the past eight years or so. "Guest" appears to try to give the impression that we are this poster and so now our children are being asked questions & being drug back into memories that we truly have moved on from and put into the past. Also for the record, our daughters were both released to play softball immediately upon arrival at SHDHS by KHSAA. I believe this is because the facts presented in our case were substantial and because the last sentence of our petition letter stated that 'We are far more interested in raising our daughters to be the best young women that they can become, rather than the best young softball players that they can be, regardless of your decision.' Also for the record, we do not behold a grudge against anyone at Conner, but rather we are thankful for the part that each person played in our daughters' transfer to a National Blue Ribbon School where they say the Pledge of Allegiance and pray in school every day. Thanks to our challenging experience at Conner, our daughters received the gift of a better education, better social environment, more friends, more discipline, true team mates, caring families, respected leadership, and a stronger faith that God has a plan for their life. If you're tired of the public school drama, I highly recommend considering a private school like NCC, Notre Dame, or SHDHS. They all have wonderful educational scores, advanced technology, and talented softball organizations. (And this is from the Mom of the Methodist kid who thought that a picture of the Pope was Buddha on our first visit to SHDHS.) We bid you all peace and ask that our name please not be included in discussion of this unfortunate event. Thank you[/quote'] I'm sure the "true teammates" comment will go over well.
March 31, 201610 yr I'm sure the "true teammates" comment will go over well. How so? Can you give your Explaination of what the meaning of "true teammates" is? I know I have mine!
March 31, 201610 yr I'm sure the "true teammates" comment will go over well. I thought the same thing. I also snicker at the "greener grass" suggestion that there is never any "drama" in a private school.
March 31, 201610 yr Yes sir, I mean 'true teammates'. On April 19 of the year of our transfer (just shortly after the softball season began), my daughters were both together in a horrific car accident going from a SHDHS practice to one of the girl's homes to make signs for lockers. My oldest was taken to the ER from the accident with a moderate concussion. Within hours of my family's arrival home, appeared the Lady Cru softball team (the whole team) on our doorstep with balloons, flowers, & gifts from the Dollar Store, that they split two Happy Meals from McDonald's as their dinner to purchase. These girls and families were and still are true teammates in life and in their support of each other.
March 31, 201610 yr My daughter played for Conner. Had two conferences with the athletics director about bullying and favoritism. Nothing was done so we changed schools. It's blatant and this coach is known by coaches all over the area for being a problem. Ask the Cooper coach. Ask coaches from Villa and St.Henry's. She's notorious and not in a good way. This is simply not true, in fact, the opposite may actually be much closer to the truth. It sounds like you did not have a good experience at Conner, that's unfortunate. To put your entire bad experience on a good coach, who has run a solid program for several years would appear to be "sour grapes".
March 31, 201610 yr No sour grapes about it. Yes we had a terrible experience. I know many other parents that feel the same way but are afraid to speak up fearing that doing so will cause their daughter to be a target for retaliation. My daughters have played softball since they were eight years old and I've never dealt with issues like this with other coaches. Sour grapes? No....I'm very sad for the young girls that have been hurt and if I have to speak up and take criticism for it, then so be it. I'd rather bear the brunt of it instead of another young girl.
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.