Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Conner (Softball) coaching staff resigns

Featured Replies

Tough week in the Carr household, I'd assume...Isn't his daughter on this team?

  • Replies 210
  • Views 48k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Or put another way some players were out of control in the past and the Coach didn't address it so it is no surprise there was another incident?

 

Or, perhaps the Coach had a plan to address it, but had their hands tied by administration.

Not really.

 

I would like to see a quick summary of the statements given by the Catcher and her Bestie and likewise I would like to see a summary of statements given by everyone else. Finally, I would like to see some informed speculation on why the the powers that be sided with the minority and not the majority.

 

The minority always wins, you know that.

So now a season is on hold & the team has a potentially ruined season all because, it seems, these parents had it out for this coach and they feel that their daughter doesn't have to respect her coach or her team. It's really a tragedy for the team and coaches. And shame on the administration for not taking into consideration both sides.

 

Looks that way, at least in the Scott Basketball issue they waited till season was over. Not sure which way of handling it is better though.

Or, perhaps the Coach had a plan to address it, but had their hands tied by administration.

 

Unfortunately that happens many more times than you would think.

The minority always wins, you know that.

 

No they don't, especially not in Government work.

 

I think this was a loud and clear message from the Conner Admin/Boone Board of Education to all coaches (and more likely all coaches in the Boone County System) that you better have your team in order, and if you don't have your team in order and we (the Admin) needs to address it, that is bad news for you.

No they don't, especially not in Government work.

 

I think this was a loud and clear message from the Conner Admin/Boone Board of Education to all coaches (and more likely all coaches in the Boone County System) that you better have your team in order, and if you don't have your team in order and we (the Admin) needs to address it, that is bad news for you.

 

Not sure on this one.

If my son/daughter has a bad attitude. I would hope the coach would walk up to him and crack him one up side the head. I'll sign any waiver 10 times if that's the case. Parents too. If I am a jerk in the stands, I'd give the coach permission to come up an bust me one too. I wish my kids grew up when I was a kid.

 

How true is that post. Gave the football coaches permission to ride my kids like a pony. Use one foot, two if necessary borrow another to keep them inline and get the most out of them. I want my kids challenged under difficult circumstances. Some parents coddle their kids instead of raising them, its counter productive and you're raising spoiled self centered brats when you do that. Feel bad for the kids who were there and wanted to play and represent themselves in the right way. Always the few who ruin it for the many.

Edited by True blue (and gold)

I don't see anything wrong with the coach putting the ball through the machine. You are there to practice, not to screw around.

Edited by Coug

I don't see anything wrong with the coach putting the ball through the machine. You are at practice, not to screw around.

 

So if you were just finishing up a disagreement with a player over strikes and pitch count and you put the ball though the machine before said player was ready to continue and that ball hit the player in question you don't see anything wrong with that?

So if you were just finishing up a disagreement with a player over strikes and pitch count and you put the ball though the machine before said player was ready to continue and that ball hit the player in question you don't see anything wrong with that?

 

Is the batter in the box? If so, she better be ready.

Trust me, if you knew the coach you would believe the player.

Trust me, if you knew the coach you would believe the player.
and your reason is? Because I know both the coach and player!
Trust me, if you knew the coach you would believe the player.

 

Ok so BGP has been around for how long now, an noone has created the user name guest till now, really!!!

Is the batter in the box? If so, she better be ready.

 

I don't think it can be that clear cut.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.