Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Conner (Softball) coaching staff resigns

Featured Replies

Because of her parents?

 

I don't know the kid or the parents but if the kid is a distraction, she should have been off the team a long time ago.

  • Replies 210
  • Views 48k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
So you are saying the catcher and her bestie reported one story and the masses reported another story?

 

And if the answer to the above question is yes, then who did the AD, Principal, and Super side with? Catcher and Bestie or the rest of the Players and Coaches?

 

From what I heard, the answer to your first question is yes.

 

As for your next question, I think the OP tells the answer.

From what I heard, the answer to your first question is yes.

 

As for your next question, I think the OP tells the answer.

 

As in Opening Post, as in the whole staff resigned, as in the the AD, Principal, and Super certainly did NOT back the Coach, they backed the Catcher and her Bestie?

So you are saying the catcher and her bestie reported one story and the masses reported another story?

 

And if the answer to the above question is yes, then who did the AD, Principal, and Super side with? Catcher and Bestie or the rest of the Players and Coaches?

 

You're asking a question you already know the answer too here, we all know the answer too.

You're asking a question you already know the answer too here, we all know the answer too.

 

I assume that the majority of people that read this thread (not the ones posting) know very little if anything about what happened so I think it is important to be as clear as possible and avoid any shorthand that could confuse an uninformed reader.

I assume that the majority of people that read this thread (not the ones posting) know very little if anything about what happened so I think it is important to be as clear as possible and avoid any shorthand that could confuse an uninformed reader.

 

I think is pretty clear by the post in the thread as to what happened is it not?

I think is pretty clear by the post in the thread as to what happened is it not?

 

I think that depends on if you read it as resigned or "resigned"...same word, those 4 little tick marks make a huge difference.

Might be missing something but what is being done with the rest of the season? This is an in season resignation and games are scheduled? Assuming that they need a coach to proceed?

I think they "resigned" as the options given provided no support to the coach and more than likely sided with the girl and her mom.

I think is pretty clear by the post in the thread as to what happened is it not?

 

Not really.

 

I would like to see a quick summary of the statements given by the Catcher and her Bestie and likewise I would like to see a summary of statements given by everyone else. Finally, I would like to see some informed speculation on why the the powers that be sided with the minority and not the majority.

I think they "resigned" as the options given provided no support to the coach and more than likely sided with the girl and her mom.

 

If (again IF because I have no idea) the Coach didn't do anything wrong, the Coach needs to be meeting with her Union Rep and probably a competent lawyer in this area of law.

As in Opening Post, as in the whole staff resigned, as in the the AD, Principal, and Super certainly did NOT back the Coach, they backed the Catcher and her Bestie?

 

Yes.

  • Author
I don't know the kid or the parents but if the kid is a distraction, she should have been off the team a long time ago.

 

I've never seen this player being a distraction (granted I only see Conner when we play them and a handful a times other than that).......However, the times I've seen Conner play the past couple years there have been players that I would have dismissed/disciplined IN A NEW YORK MINUTE if I were the head coach. Just read through the update thread from last years Regional game vs. Highlands.

http://bluegrasspreps.com/ky-softball-high/highlands-conner-9th-305219.html

I've never seen this player being a distraction (granted I only see Conner when we play them and a handful a times other than that).......However, the times I've seen Conner play the past couple years there have been players that I would have dismissed/disciplined IN A NEW YORK MINUTE if I were the head coach. Just read through the update thread from last years Regional game vs. Highlands.

http://bluegrasspreps.com/ky-softball-high/highlands-conner-9th-305219.html

 

Or put another way some players were out of control in the past and the Coach didn't address it so it is no surprise there was another incident?

So now a season is on hold & the team has a potentially ruined season all because, it seems, these parents had it out for this coach and they feel that their daughter doesn't have to respect her coach or her team. It's really a tragedy for the team and coaches. And shame on the administration for not taking into consideration both sides.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.