Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Conner (Softball) coaching staff resigns

Featured Replies

I appreciate the families directly involved with this coach coming forward and sharing their stories. The only people who know the whole story are those who have been part of the program and played for the coach. I am not saying their experience and views are the whole truth because there are two sides to every story but they do have a unique viewpoint that we need to hear to fully understand the situation.

  • Replies 210
  • Views 48k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
For the record, "Guest" is not posting comments from anyone in the Roark family. We did make an extremely difficult decision to transfer from Conner to St. Henry three years ago for many reasons, and to my knowledge, we are the only softball family to transfer in the past eight years or so. "Guest" appears to try to give the impression that we are this poster and so now our children are being asked questions & being drug back into memories that we truly have moved on from and put into the past. Also for the record, our daughters were both released to play softball immediately upon arrival at SHDHS by KHSAA. I believe this is because the facts presented in our case were substantial and because the last sentence of our petition letter stated that 'We are far more interested in raising our daughters to be the best young women that they can become, rather than the best young softball players that they can be, regardless of your decision.' Also for the record, we do not behold a grudge against anyone at Conner, but rather we are thankful for the part that each person played in our daughters' transfer to a National Blue Ribbon School where they say the Pledge of Allegiance and pray in school every day. Thanks to our challenging experience at Conner, our daughters received the gift of a better education, better social environment, more friends, more discipline, true team mates, caring families, respected leadership, and a stronger faith that God has a plan for their life. If you're tired of the public school drama, I highly recommend considering a private school like NCC, Notre Dame, or SHDHS. They all have wonderful educational scores, advanced technology, and talented softball organizations. (And this is from the Mom of the Methodist kid who thought that a picture of the Pope was Buddha on our first visit to SHDHS.) We bid you all peace and ask that our name please not be included in discussion of this unfortunate event. Thank you

 

St Henry is a great school. I'd have no qualms sending my children there. This isn't about St Henry, their team, their players, or their coach.

 

My issue is you, like many, use gross generalizations and paint with a very broad brush in order to justify your decision. Your decision worked for your girls. Outstanding. Don't kill an entire institution and EVERY teammate your daughter ever had in order to justify your decision.

 

Public schools hardly own "drama." I've had 3 go through Catholic schools for 12 years so I know what I speak of. Conner is just as strong academically as SHDHS. Being a public school, it gets a wider variety of students ...as it should.

 

Your daughters also got the chance to play early which would not have happened at Conner. I get that. That's important for the high school experience.

 

Stop with the condemning of Conner when you really had an issue with the head coach.

St Henry is a great school. I'd have no qualms sending my children there. This isn't about St Henry, their team, their players, or their coach.

 

My issue is you, like many, use gross generalizations and paint with a very broad brush in order to justify your decision. Your decision worked for your girls. Outstanding. Don't kill an entire institution and EVERY teammate your daughter ever had in order to justify your decision.

 

Public schools hardly own "drama." I've had 3 go through Catholic schools for 12 years so I know what I speak of. Conner is just as strong academically as SHDHS. Being a public school, it gets a wider variety of students ...as it should.

 

Your daughters also got the chance to play early which would not have happened at Conner. I get that. That's important for the high school experience.

 

Stop with the condemning of Conner when you really had an issue with the head coach.

 

Clyde hasn't been that passionate defending the alma mater since the last time someone replaced the "E" with an "O". Just kidding my friend. Nice post.

Clyde's gloves are off! Look at world. Run for cover LCM! Watch out Guest!

 

==================

 

In other news, well stated Clyde.

Clyde hasn't been that passionate defending the alma mater since the last time someone replaced the "E" with an "O". Just kidding my friend. Nice post.

 

.....now this is funny :laugh:

Clyde's gloves are off! Look at world. Run for cover LCM! Watch out Guest!

 

==================

 

In other news, well stated Clyde.

 

ZERO issues with parents who decide to change schools for their children and I have no issue if it's because of playing time. Just don't get on here with a bunch of other stuff when everyone knows what's up.

Clyde's gloves are off! Look at world. Run for cover LCM! Watch out Guest!

 

==================

 

In other news, well stated Clyde.

 

I should also that all of my comments were directed at Mrs. Roark.

Has the school done anything to be able to get these ladies back on the field?

I should also that all of my comments were directed at Mrs. Roark.

 

That is why I told Mrs. Roark to run for cover and only told Guest she needed to watch out.

 

And this part is all in good fun ladies.

 

But beware, this is what Clyde does to male members of BGP when he is on the WARPATH!

 

clyde.jpg

What constitutes if the player was ready? Does she have to say "Okay, I'm ready to go."? Does the coach have to ask "Hey, are you ready?" Or as a catcher, if you get behind the plate in a squatting position, does that signify that you are ready to continue?

 

You're "in the box", you need to be ready.

Has the school done anything to be able to get these ladies back on the field?

 

Parent meeting tonight with the AD from my understanding. I look for a coach to be hired rather soon.

I'll make this note:

 

The parent decided that instead of going up the chain of command (coach - AD - principal - central office) she decided to skip straight to central office. The school (AD and principal) were not involved from the beginning. Then central office never spoke to the coach prior to offering her her "options". I don't blame the coach for resigning.

I'll make this note:

 

The parent decided that instead of going up the chain of command (coach - AD - principal - central office) she decided to skip straight to central office. The school (AD and principal) were not involved from the beginning. Then central office never spoke to the coach prior to offering her her "options". I don't blame the coach for resigning.

 

That sounds like a Teachers Union issue.

That sounds like a Teachers Union issue.

 

Coaching position, so not a teaching issue.

Coaching position, so not a teaching issue.

 

From the outside looking in the lines are blurred. Some of the reports I received said the coach in question was going to have discipline on her record as a result of this incident. If that is the case, it is most surely a teaching issue too because it will affect further employment. Specifically I was told this about the situation, I am not claiming this is true, only this is one of the items that was passed on to me:

Superintendent gave the following ultimatum to the coach: Either apologize and admit you did it on purpose (it will go on your record) or apologize but don't admit it was on purpose (still goes on your record) and take 5 days unpaid. Coach (and I guess her staff) decided to resign instead.

 

=====================

 

Maybe coaches need a Coaching Union.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.