Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Conner (Softball) coaching staff resigns

Featured Replies

I do not hide who I am and I speak only of my experience; not of, or for anyone else. Our decision to transfer was complex and we need not justify it to anyone. The post by ‘Guest’ generated a series of texts to our daughter asking why we were posting her comments when we did not. We still have many friends, both students and parents at Conner, some of whom are on the current team. Your assumption that we left because we had a problem with the coach is not entirely accurate, nor is your assumption regarding my daughters’ early start or playing time, or that I broadly condemn your alma mata. I hope that we can agree, Clyde, that the focus here should be on helping the players, who are the innocent bystanders, to get back on the field quickly to finish their season.

 

We do agree on the focus. We will not agree as to how your post was perceived. It painted the prior teammates as poor teammates and it painted Conner as uniquely having drama as well as Conner not having strong enough academics. All are incorrect.

 

All are happy for your daughters' success and happiness.

  • Replies 210
  • Views 48k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

A bruise on the hip and all hell breaks loose. It's turning into a big show. This player doesn't take any of blame! Always looking for someone else to blame.

  • Author

Two candidates for the coaching job I can think off......

 

Jim Hicks Conner boys basketball head coach (daughter plays on the team)

Shawn Sproles Highlands JV head coach (coaches some of the Conner girls on the NKY Stealers)

Two candidates for the coaching job I can think off......

 

Jim Hicks Conner boys basketball head coach (daughter plays on the team)

Shawn Sproles Highlands JV head coach (coaches some of the Conner girls on the NKY Stealers)

 

I wonder with the coaching job open if it will pull coach Sproles away from highlands. Or if you bring a parent in like Chris Crawford.

I don't think Jim would want to do it. But like I said earlier Sproles would be a good fit!

Good to hear that Jim Hicks and Aaron Stamm will be stepping in to serve as coaches while the permanent replacement is being found.

 

Practice resumes Monday. Time to play ball.

Good to hear that Jim Hicks and Aaron Stamm will be stepping in to serve as coaches while the permanent replacement is being found.

 

Practice resumes Monday. Time to play ball.

Should be interesting seeing how the Maines family handles Jim coaching!

Edited by hoops5

Should be interesting seeing how the Maines family handles Jim coaching!

 

2 choices, right?

Edited by hoops5

2 choices, right?

Yeah!

  • Author
Should be interesting seeing how the Maines family handles Jim coaching!

 

I would hope Jim doesn't put up with ANY :poop:

Edited by hoops5

I would hope Jim doesn't put up with ANY :poop:

 

As an interm coach will the powers that be allow him to even discipline problem players? I doubt given all the drama already that he will have the authority to release anyone. I hope the bad apples don't take this as an opportunity to treat him like a substitute teacher thinking they have unlimited power now. If they strip him of authority this could get ugly.

As an interm coach will the powers that be allow him to even discipline problem players? I doubt given all the drama already that he will have the authority to release anyone. I hope the bad apples don't take this as an opportunity to treat him like a substitute teacher thinking they have unlimited power now. If they strip him of authority this could get ugly.

 

I think Coach Hicks will be a fine stand in....I don't see ANY of this happening.

Is this the sam Jim Hicks who was the basketball coach at Shelby Valley?

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.