March 31, 201610 yr 10 years from, the only folks coaching high school varsity sports will be player parents.
March 31, 201610 yr Parent meeting tonight with the AD from my understanding. I look for a coach to be hired rather soon. Unless they hire one of the dad's in the stands,(and that's a possible stop gap) this may be easier said than done. Finding a qualified, quality coach in mid-season that's wants to jump into the fire is a stretch.
March 31, 201610 yr That is why I told Mrs. Roark to run for cover and only told Guest she needed to watch out. And this part is all in good fun ladies. But beware, this is what Clyde does to male members of BGP when he is on the WARPATH! [ATTACH]55549[/ATTACH] I take exception to this on Clyde's behalf....I don't think it's necessary...just sayin'
March 31, 201610 yr 10 years from, the only folks coaching high school varsity sports will be player parents. I'd say that's the case now. I'm guessing a good chunk of coaches who have been coaching for any length of time, has coached or will coach their kid. What I see happening is you will see less and less individuality in the coaching ranks. Coaches will become more and more "by the book", and so careful about what they say and do, that some of the personality will be sucked out of the game.
March 31, 201610 yr Unless they hire one of the dad's in the stands,(and that's a possible stop gap) this may be easier said than done. Finding a qualified, quality coach in mid-season that's wants to jump into the fire is a stretch. Not a stretch if a coach that wants to already has permission to do so.
March 31, 201610 yr I'd say that's the case now. I'm guessing a good chunk of coaches who have been coaching for any length of time, has coached or will coach their kid. What I see happening is you will see less and less individuality in the coaching ranks. Coaches will become more and more "by the book", and so careful about what they say and do, that some of the personality will be sucked out of the game. I think what PP is saying is the coaches will be people who only coach when their kid is playing. Different from those with 20 year careers that happen to include a few years of their kid playing.
March 31, 201610 yr I take exception to this on Clyde's behalf....I don't think it's necessary...just sayin' It was meant as an illustration to some of the nice ladies that have joined us that no matter how tough Clyde sounds :taz: we are fighting with pens, not swords.
March 31, 201610 yr It was meant as an illustration to some of the nice ladies that have joined us that no matter how tough Clyde sounds :taz: we are fighting with pens, not swords. All good...minutely obscure, but I feel ya.
March 31, 201610 yr I think what PP is saying is the coaches will be people who only coach when their kid is playing. Different from those with 20 year careers that happen to include a few years of their kid playing. Seeing that a lot in youth baseball now.
March 31, 201610 yr Seeing that a lot in youth baseball now. I think that's been the norm in youth baseball for quite some time. I know in my youth days in the late 70's and 80's, there were very few coaches that didn't have a kid of their own on the teams they coached.
March 31, 201610 yr I should also that all of my comments were directed at Mrs. Roark. I do not hide who I am and I speak only of my experience; not of, or for anyone else. Our decision to transfer was complex and we need not justify it to anyone. The post by ‘Guest’ generated a series of texts to our daughter asking why we were posting her comments when we did not. We still have many friends, both students and parents at Conner, some of whom are on the current team. Your assumption that we left because we had a problem with the coach is not entirely accurate, nor is your assumption regarding my daughters’ early start or playing time, or that I broadly condemn your alma mata. I hope that we can agree, Clyde, that the focus here should be on helping the players, who are the innocent bystanders, to get back on the field quickly to finish their season.
March 31, 201610 yr I do not hide who I am and I speak only of my experience; not of, or for anyone else. Our decision to transfer was complex and we need not justify it to anyone. The post by ‘Guest’ generated a series of texts to our daughter asking why we were posting her comments when we did not. We still have many friends, both students and parents at Conner, some of whom are on the current team. Your assumption that we left because we had a problem with the coach is not entirely accurate, nor is your assumption regarding my daughters’ early start or playing time, or that I broadly condemn your alma mata. I hope that we can agree, Clyde, that the focus here should be on helping the players, who are the innocent bystanders, to get back on the field quickly to finish their season. I think you just went into International Waters LCM. Be on the lookout for the USS Clyde. The USS Clyde is a Zumwalt-class destroyer.
March 31, 201610 yr I do not hide who I am and I speak only of my experience; not of, or for anyone else. Our decision to transfer was complex and we need not justify it to anyone. The post by ‘Guest’ generated a series of texts to our daughter asking why we were posting her comments when we did not. We still have many friends, both students and parents at Conner, some of whom are on the current team. Your assumption that we left because we had a problem with the coach is not entirely accurate, nor is your assumption regarding my daughters’ early start or playing time, or that I broadly condemn your alma mata. I hope that we can agree, Clyde, that the focus here should be on helping the players, who are the innocent bystanders, to get back on the field quickly to finish their season. Sounds to me in this instance the players (or at least some of the players) are not so innocent.
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.