Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Conner (Softball) coaching staff resigns

Featured Replies

I think Coach Hicks will be a fine stand in....I don't see ANY of this happening.

 

I agree. The girls saw their season almost disappear. They want to make this work as much as anyone. I think they will cooperate from now on, including any trouble-makers who are on the team. Peer pressure will be a good influence in this case.

  • Replies 210
  • Views 48k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Is this the sam Jim Hicks who was the basketball coach at Shelby Valley?

 

There are 3 of them - Jim Hicks of Conner, Jim Hicks of Bellevue, and Jim Hicks, son of Billy, who has been at a few stops. All boys basketball coaches.

I don't think that it is Billy's son. I think it is his brother.

Is this the sam Jim Hicks who was the basketball coach at Shelby Valley?

 

No.

Never would have agreed to step in and coach this team if the daughter/parent that caused the ruckus is allowed to continue with the team.

Never would have agreed to step in and coach this team if the daughter/parent that caused the ruckus is allowed to continue with the team.

 

The biggest issue lies more with the parent(s) from what I'm hearing. Yes, the player has caused issues but we are where we are today because of the parent(s).

A parent call the police because her daughter was hit with a pitch in a batting cage. Stop and think for a moment how insane that sounds. She was in the cage and got hit with a ball.

 

If my little one gets hit by a pitch in a game, should I call the cops to file a complaint? I mean, they are 10 but he did get hit. Someone has to be held accountable? he knew the risk when he put on his helmet and stepped into the box, right? This parent needs to spend 10 minutes with the reality czar.

A parent call the police because her daughter was hit with a pitch in a batting cage. Stop and think for a moment how insane that sounds. She was in the cage and got hit with a ball.

 

If my little one gets hit by a pitch in a game, should I call the cops to file a complaint? I mean, they are 10 but he did get hit. Someone has to be held accountable? he knew the risk when he put on his helmet and stepped into the box, right? This parent needs to spend 10 minutes with the reality czar.

 

You make it sound like she was batting or down in her stance. From what the police were asking that's not the case. Still odd to call police but if they thought she intentionally tried to hurt her then I could see an emotional reaction being made.

The reality is that anytime you're at a sporting event, you're clocked in and at risk, including spectators in some sports. Pay attention and protect yourself at all times. If the parent hasn't taught the child that, they have done them a disservice and the overreaction is on them.

Hard to see involving the police as a first line of follow-up. Also hard to see NOT approaching principal and AD prior to county administration.

 

Mistakes all around - the escalation by the parents was inappropriate IMO. I understand being emotional but turning this into a criminal investigation? So many lives negatively affected...

Is it true that several of the Conner parents signed a petition to get Coach Koors back?

If that's the case and she was asked to come back I would be shocked if she came back if the school didn't back her from the beginning. JMO

A parent call the police because her daughter was hit with a pitch in a batting cage. Stop and think for a moment how insane that sounds. She was in the cage and got hit with a ball.

 

If my little one gets hit by a pitch in a game, should I call the cops to file a complaint? I mean, they are 10 but he did get hit. Someone has to be held accountable? he knew the risk when he put on his helmet and stepped into the box, right? This parent needs to spend 10 minutes with the reality czar.

If that girl hits my girl with a batted ball, I'm calling the cops!

Is it true that several of the Conner parents signed a petition to get Coach Koors back?

 

I wouldnt come back regardless.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.