Everything posted by Coach B
-
Northern Kentucky Softball Umpires Association Jr./Sr. All-Star games
Brossart girls didn't get missed they will be on senior trip
-
Estill County 9 Wolfe County 1
That's impressive
-
East Carter Pitcher Montana Fouts Wins Gatorade Player of the Year in Kentucky
Congrats well deserved !
-
Highlands/Ryle (9th Region Finals) updates
Mother nature up 3-0 top of 2nd !!
-
East Carter 2 Rowan County 0 (16th Region Championship)
I only ask the questionout of respect for her because I know she is tough. We faced her in a tourney when I believe she was a 8th Grader and lost 1-0 and she was throwing smoke then and I'm sure she is better now. Wish her and EC the best at state
-
East Carter 2 Rowan County 0 (16th Region Championship)
Congrats to EC on a win. Just curious how many earned runs have EC pitcher have this year?
-
Highlands 2 Newport Central Catholic 1 (36th District Championship)
Congrats to Rob and his gang & to NCC . 9TH is wide open the winner will have to play 3 solid games to survive
-
Northern Kentucky Softball Coaches Association Awards Banquet results
I agree 100 % even if the results may not have be perfect which can be debated all day but the speech Roddy gave about his player and what she overcome to play sports in my eyes is what it's all about. Congrats to all the young ladies for having good seasons and wish all of them the best in the remaining season and for the seniors thanks for everything for the past 4 or more seasons and best of luck in the future, you will be missed I know I'll miss my seniors great group of young ladies !!!!
-
Brossart 6 Mason County 5 (8 innings)
I know what's its like not to get a senior night in on the field 3 of the last 4 years we have been rained out and had it at school. But its not the same for the players. So I'm glad we was able to help MC out !! As far as the game 3rd & SS for MC made some really nice plays last night !
-
Ryle 5 Bishop Brossart 1
Your right about Branson she took at least 2 that would of been hits to the 6 hole, great arm !!
-
NKY Catchers
Come on Lloyd is one for sure in my book !! LOL All 3 do a great job not only defensively but are huge on the offensive side as well. And I also agree with RCC9 about not just looking at the batting AVG. I can tell you as far as BBHS Graus , Childress & Orth can get it done and they wont think twice about laying out to steal a hit away.
-
Harrison County Freshman tournament
Not sure if any of the teams mentioned did bring down players or not But BBHS team was all 7th and 8th graders that has played freshman all year. But it's ok with me it's about getting the young players some extra playing time not just winning. JMO
-
Highlands 2 Bishop Brossart 1
I agree with RCC9 regarding the 2 pitchers both did their jobs. When you give good teams extra outs it will cost you. Congrats to the Birds on the W and hope the stangs learned from it.
-
Notre Dame 11 Bishop Brossart 0
I do know ND pitcher did a really nice job with keeping most of our batters off balance. She moved the ball around and changed her speeds very well.
-
Notre Dame 11 Bishop Brossart 0
I don't have the book but Notre Dame obviously played the better game. As far as BBHS we had way to many mistakes in the D side and no clutch hits. If you give good teams extra outs this is what happens so I give ND all the credit
-
Pete Noll Invitational Pairings Released
Championship game final. Knoch 9 Notre Dame 4. Thanks to all the coaches , players & fans for hanging in there with the 50 MPH winds yesterday. Fisrt time in 7 years all the games were played as scheduled.
-
Pete Noll Invitational Pairings Released
Finals update Knoch 6 -2 over Notre dame in 6th
-
Pete Noll Invitational Pairings Released
Friday night scores Avonworth 6 BBHS 1 Notre Dame 3 Ryle 0 NCC 5 Mason County 2 Highlands 15 NCC 0 Ryle 16 BBHS 1 Knoch PA 1 Highlands 0
-
Pete Noll Invitational Pairings Released
Games are on as scheduled starting at 5:30 tonight. Just a FYI
-
Highlands 2 Campbell County 1
As a coach you hope your players can or don't take to long adjusting to different pitchers styles & speed but its easier said then done.
-
Pete Noll Invitational Pairings Released
The schedule is on page 1 of this post
-
Highlands 2 Campbell County 1
What your saying is correct my 38 & 98 numbers meant nothing I was just giving the CC pitcher some props !!
-
Bishop Brossart 9 Simon Kenton 1
Might add that shortstop Amanda Graus made one heck of a diving play on a shot up the middle and after the catch doubled up the runner on first. Have to love good D especially when they are willing to lay out for it !!
-
Pete Noll Invitational Pairings Released
The only team that dropped out was Dixie & Ryle took the spot. As far as the fields they usually do a nice job.
-
Highlands 2 Campbell County 1
It really doesn't matter if she was throwing 38 or 98 she must of pitched a pretty good game to hold Highlands to 2 runs and the D must of been good because good teams like Highlands make you pay for additional outs. Every player / team hit certain pitching better than others as far as speed and location goes that's what makes the game so interesting. ( Unless four king crazy fed all the players his famous B - Q before the game LOL )