Highlands 2 Bishop Brossart 1

Very nice competitive game tonight at the Birds' Nest (is that what you call it?) seeing the Lady Stangs take a 1-0 lead on an Amanda Graus two-out single in the third (?). Megan Seiter throws a nice game holding Haley Coffey, Bailey Spencer, and Shelby Graybill in check (maybe one hit between them but going off my memory). Bailey Spencer throws a gem for the Birds. Someone from the Highlands side may have to chip in with the names in the bottom part of their order with who had the hits and the two-run single for the lead. I know Brennah Dutcher was not in the lineup either.

Birds win a close one at the Bird cage on a late inning rally. The hits were very few and far between as they seemed to be in a funk even before the game began. Pretty sorry round of infield set the tone. Their pre game infield is usually as crisp as it can be and really is fun to watch...not this time.

I don't have the book with me but Spencer did have 7 Ks and only 1 walk of the intentional variety. Maleah Abner provided the shot to bring in the two Bird runs in the sixth. The pitcher from Brossart had the Birds off kilter all night.

Absolutly not an excuse but the Birds were missing 4 starters for the game which did not help... Dutcher, Jansen, Baioni and Morgan Coffey all out for various reasons... They don't play again for a week so hopefully the bugs are gone by then...

Birds win a close one at the Bird cage on a late inning rally. The hits were very few and far between as they seemed to be in a funk even before the game began. Pretty sorry round of infield set the tone. Their pre game infield is usually as crisp as it can be and really is fun to watch...not this time.

I don't have the book with me but Spencer did have 7 Ks and only 1 walk of the intentional variety. Maleah Abner provided the shot to bring in the two Bird runs in the sixth. The pitcher from Brossart had the Birds off kilter all night.

Absolutly not an excuse but the Birds were missing 4 starters for the game which did not help... Dutcher, Jansen, Baioni and Morgan Coffey all out for various reasons... They don't play again for a week so hopefully the bugs are gone by then...

delete

Edited by PSJ
sp

So which starters were out exactly? - BiggDaddy says held Coffey in check but you indicate Coffey was out?

Haley Coffey(SS) Senior...Played

Morgan Coffey(LF) Frosh..IR

Brennah Dutcher(1B) Senior...Sick

Taylor Baioni® Junior....Concussion

Cloie Jansen(Flex) Frosh....IR

Haley Coffey(SS) Senior...Played

Morgan Coffey(LF) Frosh..IR

Brennah Dutcher(1B) Senior...Sick

Taylor Baioni® Junior....Concussion

Cloie Jansen(Flex) Frosh....IR

thanks..

Neither pitcher deserved to take the loss yesterday. Both pitched outstanding. I thought the Mustangs outplayed the Birds yesterday, but in close games it only takes a few things to bounce the wrong way. It was a great game.

I agree with RCC9 regarding the 2 pitchers both did their jobs. When you give good teams extra outs it will cost you. Congrats to the Birds on the W and hope the stangs learned from it.

I agree. When you hold the top three in the Birds lineup to 1 for 11 that's doing your job for sure. The swings up and down the lineup seemed to be a little tentative at times trying to adjust. I'm sure it will be worked on this week.

Just a funky night for the offense and I'm sure short lived. One of the little things that I picked up on last night was watching Spencer during a couple small rallies by the 'Stangs. The louder the Brossart players and fans got (all in good taste) the more determined Bailey got. When she gets that rickes off look on her face, her location and velocity gets zoned in. Usually it seems to work just the opposite with a lot of pitchers. So please bring your loudest crew to future games. Either that or I'll have to try and make her mad myself... Lol

Edited by Playtowin29
Word violation