Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Conner (Softball) coaching staff resigns

Featured Replies

The player was messing around at the plate and not getting ready and the coach told her multiple times to get ready and coach put a ball though the machine and it hit her. Not saying who is to blame but let me remind you this player and her family have had problems with other players who eventually sick of it and switched schools.

 

Does it really matter that the coach had problems with the family? The only issue is around intent. Did she put the ball in the pitching machine knowing the player was not ready?

  • Replies 210
  • Views 48k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I'm sure all I know is that after being hit and a couple of words the player yelled she quit.

 

She didn't quit.

If you have a returning player that you know is going to be a problem, why can't you just cut her?

If you have a returning player that you know is going to be a problem, why can't you just cut her?

 

Exactly! Bad apples not allowed. Playing sports is a privilege. You have to keep your grades up and are held to a higher social standard. Don't like that.... bye bye...

She didn't quit.

I know she didn't quit but from what I was told, she said at practice that day she did.

What constitutes if the player was ready? Does she have to say "Okay, I'm ready to go."? Does the coach have to ask "Hey, are you ready?" Or as a catcher, if you get behind the plate in a squatting position, does that signify that you are ready to continue?

Do you really have to call the cops because you got hit by a ball?

What constitutes if the player was ready? Does she have to say "Okay, I'm ready to go."? Does the coach have to ask "Hey, are you ready?" Or as a catcher, if you get behind the plate in a squatting position, does that signify that you are ready to continue?

 

One story is that the catcher wasn't behind the plate at all. She was on the plate talking to someone else.

One story is that the catcher wasn't behind the plate at all. She was on the plate talking to someone else.

 

And another story is that the catcher was squatting behind the dish. Which from my understanding is what everyone on that field except two people (the catcher and her best friend) reported to the police.

If my son/daughter has a bad attitude. I would hope the coach would walk up to him and crack him one up side the head. I'll sign any waiver 10 times if that's the case. Parents too. If I am a jerk in the stands, I'd give the coach permission to come up an bust me one too. I wish my kids grew up when I was a kid.

Edited by True blue (and gold)

Who are the parents/players involved in this fiasco?

I fault the coach for not getting rid of this player a long time ago.

If my son/daughter has a bad attitude. I would hope the coach would walk up to him and crack him one up side the head. I'll sign any waiver 10 times if that's the case. Parents too. If I am a jerk in the stands, I'd give the coach permission to come up an bust me one too. I wish my kids grew up when I was a kid.

 

I wish every parent had to sign this waiver .....in multiple sports....

Edited by True blue (and gold)

I fault the coach for not getting rid of this player a long time ago.

 

Because of her parents?

And another story is that the catcher was squatting behind the dish. Which from my understanding is what everyone on that field except two people (the catcher and her best friend) reported to the police.

 

So you are saying the catcher and her bestie reported one story and the masses reported another story?

 

And if the answer to the above question is yes, then who did the AD, Principal, and Super side with? Catcher and Bestie or the rest of the Players and Coaches?

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.