Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Steaks

Featured Replies

Medium at least...not a fan of a bloody plate.

  • Replies 135
  • Views 14.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I've stopped grilling my steaks.

Usually sear a seasoned steak in butter/garlic in a frying pan on the stove about a minute on each side, then into the oven at 400 degrees for 7 minutes. Great every time.

I've stopped grilling my steaks.

Usually sear a seasoned steak in butter/garlic in a frying pan on the stove about a minute on each side, then into the oven at 400 degrees for 7 minutes. Great every time.

I heat my grill to a very high temp and sear them on the grill.

I always try to put just a tad of olive oil on them before I do.

I enjoy sopping up all the leftover pink juice with a piece of bread. My great-grandmother called it "the essence".

 

I call it "dessert".

Medium Well or Well for me.

 

Medium Well for me too. Honestly it kind of grosses me out if I see too much pink. It's more about that than taste.

Same.

Medium Well or Well for me.

 

Same. Nothing nastier than a blood soaked baked potato.

Medium for me. I'll do medium rare if it's from a legit steak place (sorry Outback, you aren't legit). Lose way too much flavor if it's above medium.

 

As an aside, my wife and I went to one of the Jeff Ruby joints for our anniversary a few months back. Ever since then, any time I order a steak I'm completely let down. Why do all the good things have to be so dang expensive, and how is there such a drastic difference in the taste of steaks between these places? Is it the grade of beef?

Edited by UKMustangFan

Medium Rare for me; When my wife and I first started dating she always ate her steak well done and thus never cared to eat steak. One night my mom had grilled steak all medium rare and said just taste a bite and if not I'll throw it back on the grill, she's been a medium rare girl ever since that day.

Some of these comments are sad. :no:

There isn't much better than coming home after a long day (especially during Reds season when I work my full-time job and then a Reds game as a beer vendor) and throwing a steak on the grill and enjoying a beer or two. My only little heaven.

 

Loved throwing some chopped onions, with a little butter, garlic salt, steak seasoning, and A-1 sauce in foil and cooking next to it.

 

And for the steak, at home I go medium rare. I'm too cheap to ever really buy one out but the rare occasion that it happens, I go with medium. No steak sauce on the actual steak, just the homemade grilled onions.

 

Got me salivating over here.

What punishment should I receive?

 

As I think about, just being forced to eat a steak with all the essence and life cooked out of it is probably severe enough:)

BTW, great idea putting this thread together on the 1st Friday in Lent....Thanks for making me crave a steak the one day of the week I can't have one! :lol2:

  • Author
BTW, great idea putting this thread together on the 1st Friday in Lent....Thanks for making me crave a steak the one day of the week I can't have one! :lol2:

 

Hey I was in the same boat. It's funny how much I crave red meat during lent.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.