Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Steaks

Featured Replies

I love looking at the pink.

 

I had a feeling that was coming. :lol2:

  • Replies 135
  • Views 14.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Haven't they done blind taste tests to show that medium rare is the best? Rare does not render the fat, and medium starts to cook the whatever out of the steak.

 

I am thinking of trying to "dry age" some steaks, watched a few videos on how to do. Anyone done this?

A true medium is perfect for me. Medium well for a non grass fed beef burger and medium if it's a grass fed beef burger.

Medium rare for me. I don't even bother ordering a steak when I'm out unless it's at a legit steakhouse.

 

Also, what's with you people and grilling it? To get a correct steak at home a cast iron pan better be involved.

I don't want it fetting second wind and walking off my plate or grill.

 

It's dead, it won't. Don't cook the flavor and deliciousness out of it. Force yourself down the ladder until you get used to medium rare, you'll thank me later.

A true medium is perfect for me. Medium well for a non grass fed beef burger and medium if it's a grass fed beef burger.

 

Just bought a grass fed beef. If you haven't eaten beef rasied this way, go to your bank get a loan and go buy one.

 

Medium rare for me.

Key to great steak is a mere one flip on the grill, skillet....a splash of beer with a hint of garlic salt and cracked peppercorn. Medium rare is the only way to go in my book.

 

Mrs C1 unfortunately commits the atrocity of medium/well like a few of you do! :no: Anything over medium should be placed on a bun and slathered with Heinz Ketchup.

 

:lol2:

 

And we love cooking mushrooms and onions in olive oil with garlic powder on the side... :thumb: A see steak on the menu for Valentines Day dinner!!!

It's dead, it won't. Don't cook the flavor and deliciousness out of it. Force yourself down the ladder until you get used to medium rare, you'll thank me later.

 

I used to eat them pink all the time. I like them better well done.

If my steak can't still bleed and moo I don't want to eat it.

My wife and I have a really hard time watching each other eat steak. She is disgusted by how mine looks (Med. Rare) and I am disgusted by watching her ruin a piece of meat (Well done). I have tried and tried to get her to try it medium or below and she cannot get past the look of the meat.

Just bought a grass fed beef. If you haven't eaten beef rasied this way, go to your bank get a loan and go buy one.

 

Medium rare for me.

 

My dad raise cattle and every year for Christmas his gift to us ( his 3 children) was 1/2 beef processing and all paid for. Best Christmas gift he could have given us. Meat bought in the grocery just isn't the same. Dad would grass feed them, but for a few months before he would take them off he would corn fed them, keep them up and carry them water to fatten them up.

If marinated right there is no need for steak sauce.

My dad raise cattle and every year for Christmas his gift to us ( his 3 children) was 1/2 beef processing and all paid for. Best Christmas gift he could have given us. Meat bought in the grocery just isn't the same. Dad would grass feed them, but for a few months before he would take them off he would corn fed them, keep them up and carry them water to fatten them up.

 

My dad does the same thing. Best present I get each year. Don't tell my wife that.

Edited by sweet16

My dad does the same thing. Best present I get each year. Don't tell me wife that.

 

I miss my dad and his present of the beef. Dad has been gone for 3 years.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.