Covington Catholic 63 Newport 32

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I feel really badly for Ethan Snapp. He is a great player, and one of my favorite kids, but he couldn't hit anything tonight. Hit a late and deep 3, and made 4 of 5 from the line, but missed a ton of good looks besides those. Felt horribly for him as he continued to struggle. #11 Davis had a solid night. Not much from the rest of the Wildcats.

I feel really badly for Ethan Snapp. He is a great player, and one of my favorite kids, but he couldn't hit anything tonight. Hit a late and deep 3, and made 4 of 5 from the line, but missed a ton of good looks besides those. Felt horribly for him as he continued to struggle. #11 Davis had a solid night. Not much from the rest of the Wildcats.

He had 1 point in the first half. No points in the 3rd quarter until he got fouled on a 3 at the buzzer from about 35 feet.

Hit a couple of 3s to start the 4th.

Struggled.

Mullins had 9 at the half and was Newport only offense. Picked up his third foul early in the second half and didn't play the rest of the game because of the score. Him going to the bench left them pretty limited.

Covcath's press continues to impress me. Very active and forces a lot of turnovers. They are much more athletic than they are probably given credit for. Very disciplined defensively and make you work for everything.