How about that Super Bowl halftime show?

theguru

• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Coldplay was atrocious. If it weren't for Bruno, that was easily the worst halftime show ever. So incredibly boring.

I agree with Coldplay. Was it just me or was it hard to understand Chris Martin the first segment? Bruno I was pumped to see. I am indifferent on Beyonce. Always have been. Seems like every time I see her she is walking with a purpose towards the screen or walking in a squat position towards the screen with synchronized back-up dancers. Rinse and repeat.

The flashbacks were just that. Some video clips of past performances. Wow! That didn't exactly move my needle with originality. That is the Superbowl producers tugging at your nostalgia to trick you into thinking the show was good. Don't let them fool you, they had nowhere to turn, so they brought back a couple of recent successful acts to tag team the show with a questionable headliner.

Coldplay hate is like a perpetual motion machine at this point. It keeps feeding itself and I don't remember how it started. I have no great love of Coldplay, but I feel like people have this Pavlovian reaction to seeing them in which the HAVE TO say how terrible Coldplay is.

Agreed. The second Coldplay album (A Rush of Blood to the Head) was really good. But they've gradually went down hill since then.

My biggest complaint about the halftime show was that it didn't seem like Coldplay was a good mix with Beyonce/Bruno. Seemed like an odd pairing.

If I remember correctly, they're given 12 minutes to perform...12!

I have no problem with those who say "I don't watch the halftime show" .. it is only halftime of a football game. But I'm not sure I understand why many are so critical of 12 minutes of entertainment. What are your expectations?

For three acts who have nothing in common, I felt the interaction was somewhat awkward, but they pulled it off. The flash card display from the stands was impressive.

For a 12-minute show, it was acceptable.

Loved it. Coldplay style fits a stadium environment.

Beyonce's new song is really good (and is hacking off a bunch of people) and Bruno is simply one of the best showmen around today.

Agreed. I thought it was pretty good.

The flashbacks were just that. Some video clips of past performances. Wow! That didn't exactly move my needle with originality. That is the Superbowl producers tugging at your nostalgia to trick you into thinking the show was good. Don't let them fool you, they had nowhere to turn, so they brought back a couple of recent successful acts to tag team the show with a questionable headliner.

The flashbacks were due to the 50th anniversary. I could see why they incorporated it. I was hoping to see a nipple?

The flashbacks were due to the 50th anniversary. I could see why they incorporated it. I was hoping to see a nipple?
I get it. But they showed a highlight reel put together by an intern in 7 minutes. Maybe incorporate former music into the act's routine or bring in more former guest artists to perform?