How about that Super Bowl halftime show?

theguru

• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You have every right to hate her for what she believes in. I can't tell you what to do or how to think about someone. But if I may ask, does that mean that you can't enjoy one of here shows or songs?

I disagree with Beyonce on probably 95% of what she says, where she donates her money, and the political ideologies she supports. But boy, can she perform. I have to give credit where its due, even if she and I disagree on some political issues.

I cant listen to her or watch her perform because I am already turned off from her. plus I am not into her style or type of music. She cant perform no better than half the other performers out there.

Before I answer. Do you think the Black Panthers are or were racist?

The BP from the 60s were extremists who were against police brutality (initially in Oakland) and the racism faced by many blacks. So I'd say extremists instead of racists.

I am well aware that her dancers wore BP berets and outfits. Does that make her a racist? Or does it say she is promoting black empowerment? What message is she trying to speak to? Police killing young blacks? Is that racist?

What about the lyrics to the song she sang? Any issues with those?

The BP from the 60s were extremists who were against police brutality (initially in Oakland) and the racism faced by many blacks. So I'd say extremists instead of racists. I am well aware that her dancers wore BP berets and outfits. Does that make her a racist? Or does it say she is promoting black empowerment? What message is she trying to speak to? Police killing young blacks? Is that racist? What about the lyrics to the song she sang? Any issues with those?

Guess the debate would be is the SB her platform to protest on?

I really don't think the Black Panthers then or the New Black Panthers liked whites too much at all so for her to employ that just shows her feelings are mutual. Everyone knows the Black Panthers are racist toward whites.

If she was doing it as a Black Lives Matter then she should be more concerned with black on black crime. I'm sure blacks kill each other more than cops do.

Either way it's not supposed to be a show with an agenda, she just causes more hate by doing that.

I mean hell, I know blacks have been and are treated different than most but I don't need it shoved down my throat watching the Super Bowl.

Many cops also took offense from her as did a lot of people.

And obviously it's all my opinion.